Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ELI5 the benefits of this over CBHC? Quickboot menu is nice but what else? Does it not take 5 minutes to boot anymore for example

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi @Maschell

I have installed Tiramisu including ColdBoot, but without the 50_HBL module. I would like to point out a few issues here.

Pressing X when starting the Health application starts the HBL instead of the Tiramisu menu.

When returning from a VC title (DS NSMB), the system menu hangs and the Wii U has to be switched off.

Last edited by ukigh4ie,

Jaspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ELI5 the benefits of this over CBHC? Quickboot menu is nice but what else? Does it not take 5 minutes to boot anymore for example

It is faster than CBHC (though I haven't timed it or anything), it supports autobooting with other homebrews like Bloopair, bricking is less of a risk since it's not using a title that you can uninstall or move to USB, you don't need to buy anything to install CFW easily anymore, etc...

A lot of the benefits (like autobooting certain homebrew) will probably become more useful overtime, assuming connecting other system controllers aren't a priority for you, as more homebrew becomes supported. IMO Just the fact that it's more brick-proof is enough for me, but to each their own

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why not to use Miiverse shortcut for Homebrew channel? Is this possible? Miiverse is no in use anymore. Mii maker is bad choice, now you cannot edit mii from user settings.
This channel was used because it has SD access.
same way that you had yo use Smash Bros to use Loadiine (because that game was one or the rare to allow SD access) and hijack it to redirect to other files to load from SD.

But based on the new hack used by Maschel, the xml can be edited to change the access rights. So, I suppose if the Miiverse module has an access XML file, it could be done to add SD rights.
Maschell will know better if it can be done.

You can still Edit Miis by launching Mii channel.
HLB launches before Mii Chanel, exiting HLB will launch Mii Channel.
Not sure what you mean "from user settings". I don't remember there were an option in the settings. I didn't plug the console for many years.
If tiramisu prevent you from using the quick boot edit/add account, I suppose you can disable cold boot of Tiramisu env. temporarily. reboot, do what you want, and reinstall it as coldboot ?

Last edited by Cyan,

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
I noticed a few framedrops in zelda twilight princess hd. They come when I fight against the knight (the one who appears when you talk with the golden wolf) or in water/underwater. I never had these framedrops with cbhc.

Not sure about that, I always had random framedrops with Twilight Princess HD, way before modding my Wii U.

zerbey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this! Had some initial problems with the black screen and Runner 2 not working, but once I updated to the latest version everything is working great.

Reactions: Maschell

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maschell will know better if it can be done.
The problem is that many existing homebrews are explicitly checking for the Mii Maker or hbl channel title id, if you override a different title instead, a lot of existing homebrew would break

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi @Maschell

I have installed Tiramisu including ColdBoot, but without the 50_HBL module. I would like to point out a few issues here.

Pressing X when starting the Health application starts the HBL instead of the Tiramisu menu.

When returning from a VC title (DS NSMB), the system menu hangs and the Wii U has to be switched off.
1. if you already coldbooting into Tiramisu don't open the Health & Safety Application again.
2. I wouldn't recommend using Tiramisu without the hbl_installer.rpx module. The only supported/"offical" way to load homebrew with tiramisu is using the module + mii maker.
3. I couldn't replicate the crash when existing nsmb.

Are you sure you are using the latest version of Tiramisu? These sound like issues that alreadys have been resolved days ago.
I noticed a few framedrops in zelda twilight princess hd. They come when I fight against the knight (the one who appears when you talk with the golden wolf) or in water/underwater. I never had these framedrops with cbhc.
I don't see any way how tiramisu could posisble cause any slowdown in a game. It's not doing anything in the background (on the PPC), so this is probably a placebo?
Quick Questions here for general knowledge:
1) If I install Tiramisu, would I still be able to use .elf apps via Homebrew Launcher?
2) What part of the system is modified on the installation? Is it reversible?
3) Can I format my WiiU with Tiramisu running?
3.1) Tiramisu stays installed after format? or have to reinstall it?
4) Aiming for upcoming Aroma, once I install Tiramisu, how hard would it be to switch to Aroma later
1. Yes, but in future environments (aroma) they will stop working to allow for new features
2. In theory you don't need to installed anything. When you launch Tiramisu via the browser you get exactly the same expierence except the coldboot. When you inject the PayloadLoader into the Health & Safety Application, you only modify this app, which can be fully reverted (using the PayloadLoader). If you follow any third party guide they might tell you install some stuff which may be not reverseable though.
3. I guess "running" means coldbooting into Health&Safety. You could, but you shouldn't. I tested it and at least it won't brick you console, but it keeps the PayloadLoader injected. The only way to revert this is running the PayloadLoader installer again.
3.1 I don't remeber 100%, but it should work (But like I said before: This is nothing you should do)
4. As as you can image. Go to a similar page as https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe/, click on "Download package" and copy the files to the sd card (change default environment to aroma): Done

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have not touch or follow Wii U at all. But this is great, perfect timing as Wii U eShop will be discontinued in a few months.

Thanks for sharing.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody working on a module or homebrew title loader that smashes the 300 title limit? I'll brace myself for the hate replies 🙂.

It seems like this new development in wiiu homebrew scene proves that people are definitely still playing and tinkering with wiiu's so I can but hope for such a development.
I mentioned possibly bypassing the 300 title limit in Aroma to Maschell months ago on Discord. He had no interest in the topic, making it clear that no person should have so many titles on their Wii U to begin with. So I wouldn't hold your breath, and honestly even if he were interested, I'm not sure this could even be the solution to the issue anyway. The 3DS has been cracked wide open yet the 300 title limit there still hasn't been tackled.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: Powerful

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
The 3DS has been cracked wide open yet the 300 title limit there still hasn't been tackled.
There's a homebrew application called 3DSBank that lets you save your home screen with up to 300 titles and swap it out for a different homescreen with up to 300 different titles. Not ideal, but it's at least an interesting way to separate titles for different systems. One home screen has 3DS titles, another has DS titles, another VC titles, etc.

Reactions: Powerful

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a homebrew application called 3DSBank that lets you save your home screen with up to 300 titles and swap it out for a different homescreen with up to 300 different titles. Not ideal, but it's at least an interesting way to separate titles for different systems. One home screen has 3DS titles, another has DS titles, another VC titles, etc.
Oh you just want a workaround. I'm sure something like that is feasible. But if you want to straight up bypass the limit with more than 300 titles on your home menu, I don't think that'll ever be in the cards.

If you're ok with something that's a bit clunky to achieve your goal, then you could use 2 different USB hard drives, one for all your VC titles and another for all your official Wii U titles or whatever. The Wii U just can't have 300 titles on the menu at once, if you have 2 USB drives with 300 different titles on each, that will achieve having more than 300 titles playable without having to delete and add titles and all that.

Jesusbiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you find the info that pressing R on boot disables tiramisu?
I don't remember but I know different buttons... Press the button when the console is turning on (booting, I mean the Wii U logo). R to disable, + to select where you want to boot your console (Wii U menu for example), X to go to environment options of Tiramisu like Installer and boot options.

JeffRuLz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having a similar issue but only with modded VC games. For example, DS games with RenderScale 2 enabled and widescreen patched N64 games. Stock VC titles close like normal.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've been having a similar issue but only with modded VC games. For example, DS games with RenderScale 2 enabled and widescreen patched N64 games. Stock VC titles close like normal.

DS VC games with RenderScale set to 2 are known to crash the game when attempting to go back to the main menu. That's one of the drawbacks of using higher rendering scales with DS VC.

It has nothing to do with Tiramisu

JeffRuLz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS VC games with RenderScale set to 2 are known to crash the game when attempting to go back to the main menu. That's one of the drawbacks of using higher rendering scales with DS VC.

It has nothing to do with Tiramisu
I've read something about that before, although I was mainly throwing it out there in case he was also using RenderScale 2.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also