Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
1. Less risk of Bricking (the channel it’s installed into can’t be deleted accidentally
2. Quick start gamepad menu works again
3. The OS boots faster overall
4. Ability to run certain programs immediately and automatically on boot, such as Bloopair which lets you use other types of Bluetooth controllers on the Wii U.

I switched and it was definitely worth it.
And last but not least you setup EnvironmentLoader in the process. This makes us ready in case new environments such as tiramisu appear in the future.

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Support for cheats without the diversions via the PC (JTcpGecko) would be a great thing.

Likewise SigPatches without the need for the SD card. So a part of Tiramisu in the NAND.

Reactions: Powerful and ber71

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it would be pretty awesome to have an ftp module, so you don't need to use an app. I know you can use wup server with iosuhax on the home menu, but that it just unbelievably slow.

Reactions: Powerful and AQS

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody working on a module or homebrew title loader that smashes the 300 title limit? I'll brace myself for the hate replies 🙂.

It seems like this new development in wiiu homebrew scene proves that people are definitely still playing and tinkering with wiiu's so I can but hope for such a development.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody working on a module or homebrew title loader that smashes the 300 title limit? I'll brace myself for the hate replies 🙂.

It seems like this new development in wiiu homebrew scene proves that people are definitely still playing and tinkering with wiiu's so I can but hope for such a development.
I don't need to surpass the limit myself, and it doesn't really matter to me if others want to, but here's a shield just in case. :P

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil

I think that limit exists because the Wii U Menu has to load all icons and metadata for all games at once, if you have a bunch of games you may notice it slowdown. But there may be other reason for that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that limit exists because the Wii U Menu has to load all icons and metadata for all games at once, if you have a bunch of games you may notice it slowdown. But there may be other reason for that.
yes, this is usually the reason for such limits with electronics. it could affect stability or in this case the home menu could become sluggish. though, who knows if it actually would be. you can bypass the limit with system config tool, if it works with tiramisu, but all you'll be presented with is a list, so no icons iirc. you'll still get the nag though.

Reactions: sion_zaphod

EyeKey

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
There is a similar limit on 3ds... There is a homebrew app called 3dsbank which allows one to have multiple homescreen setups to choose from. It works great. It would be nice to see something like that on wiiu
The titles on the home screen are specified in /usr/save/00050010/10040[0/1/2]00/user/80000001/baristaaccountsavefile.dat, maybe some app can swap this file and relaunch the Wii U Menu.

Is the limit is global or per user menu? Does the WiiU auto load titles with tickets to the menu?

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure there was a modified Mocha that came out a few years ago that removed the nag for having over 300 titles installed. But the system menu would cap out and only display 300 to run the hidden titles you would have to use system config tool. Another Dev found a way to modify the file mentioned for individual users so that each user could have 299 unique titles installed but it was a lot of work to set it up. I know the community says they frown on it but it's total BS. I would bet money that some dev has already found a way but their keeping closed source.

Edit - I believe the limit exists because of save files I don't think it had anything to do with meta data.

gaga24

Trophies
XP
Country
Why not to use Miiverse shortcut for Homebrew channel? Is this possible? Miiverse is no in use anymore. Mii maker is bad choice, now you cannot edit mii from user settings.

Reactions: Magnus87

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
Mass Effect 3 crash on title screen. Most recent nightly of tiramisu. Had to power off by button on the console. Tried disabling quick start and removing the Homebrew Module. Still crashing in exactly same place. Removed tiramisu and reinstalled CBH guess what.... Worked first time. Few bugs to iron out in this I think. I'm staying put with CBH for time being.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Quick Questions here for general knowledge:
1) If I install Tiramisu, would I still be able to use .elf apps via Homebrew Launcher?
2) What part of the system is modified on the installation? Is it reversible?
3) Can I format my WiiU with Tiramisu running?
3.1) Tiramisu stays installed after format? or have to reinstall it?
4) Aiming for upcoming Aroma, once I install Tiramisu, how hard would it be to switch to Aroma later

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you to everyone that made this happen. I went from CBHC to Tiramisu in only about a half hour, even with taking my time to be on the safe side, and most of that time was spent waiting for the NAND backup to complete. I was worried it would be a huge ordeal but it was very quick and painless.

To safely uninstall CBHC:

1. Download "CBHC_v1.6.zip" here (it includes an uninstaller).:
https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases

2. Follow the instructions here:
https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/uninstall-cbhc

Boot times are much faster now.

Jaspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and did the process of uninstalling CBHC and installing Tiramisu and I can echo others' experiences here and say it was pretty easy and painless to do. Excited to see what this brings to the scene in the future, especially with this being a modular environment and all.

Though, I don't really see a reason in having the Mii Maker replaced with the Homebrew Launcher by default, I feel like it should be optional. Maybe if it was an option in the guide where you can add it if you choose to?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I noticed a few framedrops in zelda twilight princess hd. They come when I fight against the knight (the one who appears when you talk with the golden wolf) or in water/underwater. I never had these framedrops with cbhc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1