Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your firmware.bin should be downloaded using the tools/cdn_firm.py which require you to have Python 2.7 installed.
You should use the latest one from github.com, release page. Also delete the "rxTools" inside your SD root, it would try to install decrypted+patched firms.
It is said that there is really a little problem with mset. You could try to use GWInstaller.nds to install the mset and boot first then the RxInstaller.nds to get RxTools.

So.. This is finally done.
Sadly, I have already tried all of this. firmware.bin downloaded just fine with python 2.7, and the mset hack installed just fine as well. I also tried to launch with the browser but the same thing happens.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Sadly, I have already tried all of this. firmware.bin downloaded just fine with python 2.7, and the mset hack installed just fine as well. I also tried to launch with the browser but the same thing happens.
What i did to make my 4.1 JPN O3DS work:
1. [GW] install gw mset with DS cart.
2. [GW] from mset, back up NAND, format emunand.
.. [PBT] Well i used to install the PBT to get devMenu.. Quite boring, and doesn't need now.
.. What i had to use is RxTools 2.4, 2.5.2.
3. [rx24] Install rx mset. and use which cdn_firm.py that rxtools 2.4 offers to get the old firmware.bin (943KB).
4. [rx24] from mset, launch emunand. then update it to latest.
5. [rx24] from PC, i backup emunand, and collected nand.bin.
6. [rx24] get the nand.fat16.xorpad, which could be used to decrypt nand partition.
.. rx 2.4 and 2.5 are similar.
7. [rx26] Get the latest release package from github.com. size 12.1MB. delete rxTools folder inside SD.
8. [rx26] get firmware.bin (new, 3MB+) with the cdn_firm.py included in the package. get both file to card.
9. [rx26] Wait for quite a minute or so to install rx decrypted+patched files. launched the emunand.

It is said that you must ever install GW mset and run GW classic mode, so then you can get rx one running. I don't know why and not sure about it.

Well right. if press R to enter menu then start emunand, it does boot. Sometime it isn't stable enough.

Last edited by Syphurith,

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The name is rxtools, the logo will contain "-with Pasta-"
Eh.. Cause Roxas didn't pass the repo to you on Github, and yours is only a fork now.
Please open Issue tab (about wiki, you can disable it) in the repo configuration tab.
The configuration: After, code/(issue/)pull/wiki/pulse/graphs, there is a config panel.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
This is to enable it normally. or just go to https://github.com/AlbertoSONIC/rxTools/settings.
Then, find "features" and enable "issues", disable "wikis".

Issue
GitHub Issues adds lightweight issue tracking tightly integrated with your repository. Add issues to milestones, label issues, and close & reference issues from commit messages.

Issue is any main repo would have. If you want to maintain it, please do so.

Reactions: AlbertoSONIC

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Wouldn't it be better to add the team to collaborators and/or transfer the ownership, instead of making "official" a fork?
This is what i wanna say, thanks.

It is said that you must ever install GW mset and run GW classic mode, so then you can get rx one running. I don't know why and not sure about it.
Sometime i would face such black screens too (after "Press R to menu"). It isn't very stable. if press R to enter menu then start emunand, it does boot. Then ok.

So, will we finally get a CFW that has sig checks patched, AND also has emuNAND? Cause that'd be pretty neat.
Do you mention this rxTools? Official Rx is now with sig-check patched, also emunand for O3DS.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@Roxas75

While this was a shock to say the least, your reasons are very understandable, and your personal life comes first.

Thank you for everything you have brought to the 3DS scene. rxtools helped me understand a lot if things and I still prefer it over everything out there.

Good luck on your future endeavors!

@AlbertoSONIC

Congrats on taking on the project. Your team has done amazing things as well (although admittedly I never had to use them). Hopefully you will find the support of the entire 3DS community. I am looking forward to your releases :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: i put in my birth year as 2000 instead of 2008 because i was sleep deprived as FUCK and had...