Not open for further replies.

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
LOGO.png

ANNOUNCEMENT! The official twitter account of RxTools is open! Go here : https://twitter.com/RxTools

THEME THREAD: http://gbatemp.net/threads/rxtools-with-pasta-cfw-theme-thread.392626/

Explanation
Hello guys!
Today i introduce you this little project of mine i started a week ago.
This is supposed to be a complete collection of all the useful tools for 3DS hacking, and you are free to ask new features for the future updates! Also, report any buf you'll eventually find too.
This is supposed to work on any firmware version between 4.1 and 9.2.

It supports emuNAND reading, and the use of slot0x25KeyX.bin (Google for it), necessary for newer titles decryption.
It will show in the left-bottom corner of the screen if they are successfully loaded by printing them in green.

Tools

So, here we go with the utilities rxTools can offer.
  • rxMode, free 3DS custom firmware
  • CTR Titles Decryption
  • Title Keys Decryption
  • Xorpad Generation
  • NAND Dumping
  • NAND Partitions Decryption/Injection
  • NAND FAT16 Xorpad Generation
  • System Titles Dumping
  • NAND Files Dumping/Injecting, for various hacks/mods
  • Much, much more

rxMode

rxMode is probably the first free custom firmware for the Nintendo 3DS.
Since it's part of rxTools, it is bootable from the main menu.

How it works :
It supports all Gateway emuNAND up to the latest version.
It will boot in emuNAND in automatic, if it is present in your sdcard.​

Note : To boot emuNAND 8.0 or higher, or to play newer games, you need​
slot0x25KeyX.bin in the root of your sdcard too, if you are on a sysNAND below 7.0.

Features :

NATIVE FIRM:
  • Full and free EmuNAND support, up to the latest version, 10.5, also on n3ds!
  • Access to the eShop and to online playing (requires an updated emuNAND)
  • Support for 100% of the games (newer ones will require emuNAND)
  • Support for sysNAND, in case an emuNAND is not found
  • Signatures Checks disabled
  • Dynamic ram dumping (just for debug purpouses)
  • RX-E / S string patch in settings
  • PastaMode, for Signatures Check free, but clean, sysNAND
  • Reboot patch, for using SSBB and MH4 on o3ds
  • Exceptions handler (just for debug purposes)
  • AGB (GBA Virtual Console) Support, wip on n3ds
  • TWL (DSiWare/DS Cardriges) Support, wip on n3ds
  • Region free on both o3ds and n3ds
TWL FIRM:
  • Cartridge blacklist check disabled
  • Cartridge save type check disabled
  • DSi cartridge save file exploit check disabled
  • Nintendo logo check patch
  • SHA hashes check patched, always succeeds
  • Whitelist check disabled
  • Signatures Check disabled
AGB FIRM:
  • Signatures Check disabled

FAQs:
  • How do i know if i'm in sysNAND or emuNAND?
    • Check in System Settings, near the system version. RX-S stays for sysNAND, while RX-E stays for emuNAND. Be sure to be in emuNAND before updating.
  • Does this boot roms or homebrews? Any plan?
    • Yes, 100% support
  • Can i use flashcards with this?
    • Sky3DS should work, no other will work.
  • Does it work on New3DS?
    • No. I have no plans for it right now.
  • Can i fill your mail/pm-box with silly questions?
    • No you can't.
  • Can i play GBA or DS/DSi games?
    • Yes, in both emuNand and sysNand. The only issue is that to make those apps playable on emuNand you need to install them in sysNand too, or have your Nands linked.
Links
rxTools is fully open source, the link is above.
It now has a full official site, thanks to [USER]Tjessx[/USER], that is the resources of all the news and previous of rxTools, as long as the official Download and Tutorials site!

Enjoy!
[Roxas75]

Announcement: My retirement from the rxTools project
Hi to everyone!
As you can see from the title, i'm sadly here to annunce that i leave the rxTools development.
Yesterday i had to count all my personal commitments, and facing familiar, job and many other kind of problems, i had to choose what of them i could give up.
So that's why i decided to leave the 3DS scene, becouse of my lack of possibility, time and will of continuing.
I personally feel satisfed; My goal from the beginning was to help people for free, not fame or anything else, and i felt that open rxTools sources was a good choice since all the infos where already public, and now the most of you can have a repository to look at.
I also made some ethic mistakes, and i know some people hate me for this, but i will not blame myself too much.
So i only have to thank you all to have supported me all this time, to have satisfed me that much, and now i'll say goodbye!
I'll quit the 3DS scene, and probably will spend my time studying, exploiting, and improving more and more. I'm just at the beginning.
Goodbye!

This being said, i want to make you know that rxTools isn't dead!
I personally decided to donate the whole project to the Pasta team.
Do not ask me much, i simply feel that their goals represent better what rxTools actually became (and that i didn't want from the far beginning), and i think they are the best choice to keep rxTools updated.

It's been a pleasure, and i'll probably quit the most of the forums, becouse of my lack of time.
Bye guys!

Source: http://www.rxtools.net/

Last edited by AlbertoSONIC,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
So the decrypt CTR titles thing. That means if you drop in 3DS roms it will decrypt them and we can skip the whole xorpad thing? If so that's a pretty big development.... :P

This is why I've been trying to update sysnand to 9.2. But my attempts with CIA/roms have failed thus far. (nothing but bricks)

I really don't want to go a on needle in the haystack search of Super Smash Bros games and no, I will NOT EVER buy a Sky3DS, not even for something like this! Not at the prices they are currently selling at!

I really hope Kartl3DS or something similar comes along that makes this possible. being stuck on 4.x sysnand is quickly becoming a disadvantage as all the interesting things are occurring on 9.x. :P

EDIT:

Can someone mirror the download? The current file host is absolute garbage. The first attempt resulted in a RAR file that had an "unexpected end of archive" error and the second attempt outright failed. not to mention it's slower then 56k download speeds.

Reactions: WeedZ and Margen67

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I know its early Roxas :P (what's here is great already)

...but could you consider the following for the first updates?
1) [most important] full decryption of the nand (twln, twlp, ctr-nand, firm0, firm1, gba_sav)
2) ds profile launch up to 6.x
3) save encrypt/decrypt
4) cart dump (convenience) [ok, we're getting trivial here, I'll stop :P]

Reactions: WeedZ

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome. I hope this has as big an impact on the 3DS scene as SpiderTools did.

could you change the filename that it loads so this could be used side by side with gateway without having to rename files on the SD......other than that great tool, the CTR decrypted is particularly nice to have, not tested it yet, but i assume it handles both normal and 7.x encrypted games correctly right?
This was my first thought too. I'd like to be able rename and boot it as rxTools.dat instead of having to choose between this and the Gateway Launcher.dat

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can someone mirror the download? The current file host is absolute garbage. The first attempt resulted in a RAR file that had an "unexpected end of archive" error and the second attempt outright failed. not to mention it's slower then 56k download speeds.

A quick mirror

http://a.pomf.se/ndfuqa.rar

Reactions: Margen67 and WeedZ

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, actually it uses a free loader hosted by someone else. Since i don't have the time, if anyone of you can make an host that loads "rxTools.dat" instead of "Launcher.dat", using the same GW method, you are welcome to share, i'll then edit it with an update. :)
Also, the decryptor fully decrypts any rom or title, even 7.X ones, if you correctly loaded the key.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
fantastic!! very very happy! thank you!!
"ticket.bin file. It's similar to title.db" -- do you mean similar to ticket.db? why .bin and not .db?

edit - because it's smaller, i guess you only dump the tickets and nothing else, cool i guess :)

i was JUST about to dump my xorpads to get my ticket.db from 9.2, i'm happy i don't need to do that anymore!

wow -- my ticket dump is 1.7mb instead of the usual 35+mb... haha very nice! nice ui too

Roxas75 - a nice addition would be dumping SecureInfo_A files from sysnand and being able to inject them in emunand.
i have a launcher.dat i made that allowed this, but the code is very unreliable :)
it does not work all the time (like the ticket.db dumper)
it would be nice because, then it will let people change their console serial/region.
limiting the write to emunand will prevent noobs bricking up their 3ds with a mistake :)
when/if any cfw/gw adds a patch so we can use an edited SecureInfo_A file, then you could add a simple region change option, just changing one value in the file.
no problem if you don't want to implement this
(sometimes the file is SecureInfo_B - maybe for refurbished consoles? i am not sure)
(also, what is the ticket.db full of, if not tickets? what is the extra space in there for?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Accidently ok. :tpi: