ROM Hack [Release] Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal Virtual Console Wireless Linking Patches

Would you like to see documentation on how to make patches like this in the future?

• Total voters

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's finally done.

m4j3jted.jpg

l8x27m8m.jpg

f7ouhx92.jpg

Deleted member 370283

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, as said, we're planning a release for tomorrow.

Testing is done, yes, but I WOULD like to find a solution for you guys who can't install CIAs so you can enjoy this as well. So... we'll see how that pans out, eh?

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great to hear. Another neat little side benefit is that we'll get to play full color red and blue with wireless patches!

Edit: I'm assuming, not thst it wouldn't be awesome even if we couldn't :)

Last edited by ThisIsDaAccount,

Onethatiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You assume correctly. The solution that we've found will work for ALL Gameboy Color games that could potentially use this version of the VC emulator. Not just Gold, Silver, and Crystal.
Are you guys working on a solution for the need to restart before different types of links. If not that's fine I'm just curious.

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello guys, your work is amazing!

I though there's a kind of "fixed protocole" in ASM when GB roms tries to stablish a Link Cable communication, and to port the patches it was just a matter of change/set more offsets, but it seems no.

Also, to fix the color issue, did you patched code.bin, or it's another entry in the .patches files?
If the case is the first then, can I add that code.bin to my GBC injector?
My idea is to add an option to make GBC injections with this new VC, because you can't save states there, and some users would appreciate that; it's kind of more realistic. And with that color issues fixed, there's no reason to not doing it! Obviously I would give the credit to you!

Again, incredible job! Now you enjoy this!

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides the white bar glitches on the title screens everything seems fine. Just wanted to know is it normal for pokemon silver to glow blue thinking it has an update?

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I though there's a kind of "fixed protocole" in ASM when GB roms tries to stablish a Link Cable communication, and to port the patches it was just a matter of change/set more offsets, but it seems no.

Also, to fix the color issue, did you patched code.bin, or it's another entry in the .patches files?
My idea is to add an option to make GBC injections with this new VC, because you can't save states there, and some users would appreciate that; it's kind of more realistic. And with that color issues fixed, there's no reason to not doing it! Obviously I would give the credit to you!

Yes, it's an updated code.bin which will works for every GBC game now without any glitch on the newest VC. The release will be tomorrow and yes sure, I guess you can have it to inject it into your program, just give some credits.

Last edited by Traiver,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco

Can you also do New VC option for monochrome GB? You announced to enable the option to use New VC with GB games but you didn't include it for some reason...

Captain Library

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely incredible work - again!!! You said soon, but so soon was a very pleasant surprise.

Quick question, is there any way that the English Silver .cia that may or may not be made available "somewhere" could have a unique title ID that doesn't prompt the update message on start up? I'm not sure how to fix it or build a .cia myself... It's a small grievance but it would feel more authentic without it :-)

Reactions: tommikinder

Deleted member 370283

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you guys working on a solution for the need to restart before different types of links. If not that's fine I'm just curious.
Yes. I'm hoping to have that fixed relatively soon, if at all possible.
Besides the white bar glitches on the title screens everything seems fine. Just wanted to know is it normal for pokemon silver to glow blue thinking it has an update?
I don't think so...
I would talk to @Traiver about this since he has been handling the .CIAs.

Reactions: cvskid

danzou22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When the RBY with 3DS online came from Nintendo and someone found the asm patches I tought "Who will reverse them knowing that the code is in Z80 ASM (not an actual programming language xD)?" Some heros, and that's you! Thanks for the awesome job guys!

Last edited by danzou22,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
the guy who makes the vc you need to update the gbc vc so you can inject these games into the new vc very easy

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Asdolo needs to make an injector for this or update the gbc or gb injector for this

Reactions: CatmanFan

xJoelituh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
These are insanely great news, good job guys! Yesterday I installed the old .cia with the wrong palette to see how it is, but seeing that is awesome!

And also knowing that Asdolo will add that option to his injectors would be incredible.

#RevivedLinkCable

Reactions: CatmanFan

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are insanely great news, good job guys! Yesterday I installed the old .cia with the wrong palette to see how it is, but seeing that is awesome!

And also knowing that Asdolo will add that option to his injectors would be incredible.

#RevivedLinkCable
Yes, he will. We gave him the new code to implement this in his next release the coming days.

Deleted member 370283

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I'm not home right now (I'm currently at school) and I thought now would be a good opportunity to ask you guys a question.

After reading the poll, it's very obvious that you guys are interested in documentation of how to use these link features (i started writing it last night :D ), but would you be interested in more P.O.C. ports in the future? Like, say for example, Tetris or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas