Newcomer

United States
    Cool, thanks!

Arecaidian Fox likes this.
  2. Randomdice101

Randomdice101 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thanks so much. I followed the first step and it fixed it. I can't test the trading yet but it shows up in the activity log so that's perfect.

Asdolo likes this.
  3. Asdolo

Asdolo the Hedgehog

Argentina
    Don't worry, if you did modify the Pokemon Crystal CIA that is in the first post it will work. The only changes you did with your modification is to the icon flags, which enables the game to show on the Activity Log.

4. Randomdice101

Randomdice101 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Yeah it even activated the tracking from before since the game showed up in the activity log with 1:46 playtime even though I uninstalled the original CIA and installed the new edited one. I'll have to check your guide too since I'd like to do this with the Japanese games since this post doesn't have the Japanese CIA

5. Nico123

Nico123 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    May you make a patch for gen 2 italian games, please?

6. damson

damson Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Every time I start a battle it glitches for a second then returns to normal. Is that normal?

7. Sotirisdim4

Sotirisdim4 Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    Hey, tried injecting my save data from a Crystal rom I was playing 2 years ago. I'm using the same method I used with importing Pokemon Yellow's save data yet it says the data is corrupt. What do I do?

8. shadowofdarkness

shadowofdarkness GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I recently injected my Silver save from a real cart and found that the VC release is a slightly larger save file. I assume due to saving time info.
    In the end I got it to work by creating a save in the VC release then overwriting the start of the file with the original 32768 byte save file.so the extra data was still on the end of the new save.

9. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Any info on this yet?

10. d4mation

d4mation GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This may be a dumb question, but does the GBC VC Emulator happen to have all the predefined palettes from the GBC Bootstrap included? If so, could we use this to play Red and Blue using the colors that showed when playing on the GBC (Not the SGB)?

The config.ini for GB VC doesn't allow for colorizing things in anything other than the BG layer normally.

11. TheStoneBanana

OP TheStoneBanana GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Good question! The palettes are not stored in the emulator, as that is handled strictly by the bootstrap. You're also right in saying that the colors cannot be achieved by simply editing the .ini.
    The good news for you is that something that you may be hoping for will be coming soon. I've developed it fairly recently, and it will eventually be in @Asdolo's GB injector. Stay tuned. :)

angelhp, Asdolo and d4mation like this.
  12. Blaze Uchiha

United States
    @TheStoneBanana can you make a wireless trade patch for Pokemon Brown 2014 edition cia? I wish I knew how, I don't wanna annoy or sound like a broken record.

13. Blackwigg

Blackwigg Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Sorry if it was asked before, but is it simple to make a patch for Pokémon Blue Kaizo? I would love to play that since I liked Crystal Kaizo style, but I wanna play with a friend having wireless functions intact. How can I make said patch?

14. TheStoneBanana

OP TheStoneBanana GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I can, but that doesn't mean I will. I'm not trying to be rude here, but my priority is not to pump out patches for Pokemon hacks. There's a reason why I made documentation...

A few pages back, I posted some documentation on how to create a patch based on Pokemon. The quote for the post is here, which you can jump to and download the documentation file:
    I wish you luck in your patching endeavors!

15. Nico123

Nico123 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Please, could you make at least a patch (only the patch file is fine, not the cia) for official Pokemon gold/silver/crystal in italian language? No hacked version or whatever, only official ones. I think that only italian version is not patched. I have read the documentation and patches file, but I can't figure what address to use to create a custom patch, I have no skills in this thing. I own these games and I would love to replay them on 3ds if they are avaible.

16. chaosrunner

chaosrunner Substitute Soul Reaper
    Banned

Canada
    can some one dm me a link to the patched cia version crystal prefered thanks

17. Blaze Uchiha

United States
    Braindump wasn't working correctly for me when I tried to dump the cxi for blue and yellow and didn't work at all for red. I give up, I looked for well over a week for found nothing btw I couldn't make heads or tails of your documentation either. I'm not very good a things like this. At least you didn't ignore me like everyone else did

Last edited by Blaze Uchiha, Feb 10, 2017
    ThisIsJohn likes this.
  18. d4mation

d4mation GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm not sure about Braindump, but I know for Decrypt9 to be able to dump RBY you need to have a copy of your Seeddb.bin at the root of your SD Card. You can generate one following these instructions: https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-seedconv-seeddb-bin-generator-for-use-with-decrypt9.392856/

19. Blaze Uchiha

United States
  20. d4mation

d4mation GBAtemp Regular

United States
    @Blaze Uchiha Not that I know of, but you can take a look at the link to the Documentation @TheStoneBanana posted. He also mentioned an Automatic Patch Generator being in the pipeline so you could always wait for that as well.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Release], Wireless, Pokemon