This tutorial will try to help you extract a 3DS|CIA|CXI file to change its content, and will also explain how to rebuild your game once edited.
Thanks a lot to Ericzander & BullyWiiPlaza for their help to translate this tutorial in english
(Because I'm French, it’s difficult to make a full tutorial in a good english...).
If anyone see any typo or something wrong with my english (in the setup, the script, the tutorial...) let me know!
Ce tutoriel est également disponible ici pour les français (Pas à Jours) :
This tutorial is also available here for french users (Outdated):
- What you need
What you Need
- An encrypted 3DS|CIA|CXI file (It can either be a game, game's update, system application, but anyways not a DLC file nor a DSi Ware!)
- WinRAR, or another archive extractor
- HackingToolkit9DS -> Click Here
Install the new SetupUS|FR.exe of HackingToolkit9DS as a common tool:
Don't forget, your file(s) should not have any spaces in its(their) name(s), nor special characters, like é or à.
You want extract PokemonMoon.3ds ? Just write PokemonMoon.
If you plan to extract a 3DS file:
Write the "D" command, and enter the name of your .3DS file WITHOUT its extension.
If you plan to extract a CIA file:
Write the "CE" command, and enter the name of your .CIA file WITHOUT its extension.
If you plan to extract a CXI file:
Write the "CXI" command, and enter the name of your .CXI file WITHOUT its extension.
Wait while it's extracting.
The ExeFS content will be extracted in an ExtractedExeFS folder.
The RomFS content will be extracted in an ExtractedRomFS folder.
The DownloadPlay content will be extracted in an ExtractedDownloadPlay folder.
The Old3DS update will be extracted in an ExtractedO3DSUpdate folder.
The New3DS update will be extracted in an ExtractedN3DSUpdate folder.
The Manual will be extracted in an ExtractedManual folder.
The 3D Banner will be extracted in an ExtractedBanner folder.
The work here should be ok.
Now you’re able to edit the game, go to Editing.
Do what you want.
Edit music, textures, banner, icon..
If you follow this tutorial, you know what you want to do.
Once it's finished, rebuild your game.
If you want, you can also edit the UniqueID of your game:
Read here for more informations.
If you extracted and plan to rebuild a 3DS file:
Open HackingToolkit9DS, write the "R" command, then enter the name you want for the output file.
If you extracted and plan to rebuild a CIA file:
Open HackingToolkit9DS, write the "CR" command, then enter the name you want for the output file.
You will be also asked to enter a minor and micro version number.
You can enter the number you want (0 if you don't know what to choose), but it's better to use the original version.
For know that, copy your clean/original CIA on your SD, open FBI and or TitleManager (no need to install it, just look the upper screen).
Then check the both last numbers in Version [MAJOR|MINOR|MICRO].
Before report an issue, be sure:
- Your 3DS|CIA|CXI file is clean and not decrypted by Decrypt9 or GodMode9.
- Your 3DS|CIA|CXI file doesn't have any space or special character in its name (such as é or à).
- Your 3DS|CIA|CXI file is in the same folder as HackingToolkit9DS.
- You're not trying to extract the file in the ProgramFiles folder (where installed core files are).
- To write or don't write the extension of your file when specified.
- To have installed the setup package for your language (SetupXX.exe file).
- Fixed encrypted CIA rebuild process.
- Removed installation check.
- Hotfix for .3DS rebuild.
- .CIA rebuild still in progress.
- Added: Support for Boot9 extraction on PC. Absolutely no more decryption is required on 3DS.
- Renamed: Project is renamed HackingToolkit9DS for the occasion.
- Edited: Some strings, words and sentences has been changed.
- Removed: Temporarily removed the 32 bits support.
- Removed: Integrated 3DS Builder.
- Removed: Integrated Pokemon Patch Pointer Tool.
- Removed: Integrated RomFS Extractor.
- Removed: Integrated RomFS Builder.
- Fixed CIA rebuild script.
- Fixed MassExtraction and MassRebuild scripts.
- 32bits support should be fixed (I forgot to include a 32bits build of MakeRom).
Credits and Thanks
CtrTool : profi200 | 3DSGuy| Neimod
Makerom : profi200 | 3DSGuy
Decrypt9 : d0k3, Shadowtrance & Archshift
HackingToolkit9DS : Asia81
CleanTool9 : Asia81
Last edited by Asia81,