Full source code for GTAV has been leaked publicly

GTAV-Review.jpg

Rockstar has been one of the primary targets for leaks this year, with early footage of GTAVI leaking out before even an announcement of the game was made, to the actual trailer for it leaking before its scheduled airing time. However, all that will seem like a slight pinch compared to what was leaked next.

Some private groups have been making rounds online with what seemed to be the full source code, complete with models and assets, of GTAV, and while the source remained private for a while, the entirety of the source code has been posted publicly, with some reports mentioning a full size of around 200GB.

Not only has the source code leaked, but it seems like, within the same leak, there's some files that point to potential Bully 2 and GTAVI mentions, and there's even lists of emails and full names of employees at Rockstar Games included within the leaked files.

Rockstar has already started taking down links to the downloads, but with the source already out and rapidly gaining attraction, there's not much they can do outside of just that.

As usual with these kind of events, any links related to copyrighted data are not allowed and will be promptly removed.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven’t played GTA since Vice City. I kind of feel like I’m stupid about how good or bad this game is.

Damn injury made me feel stupid. I mean, I was before probably too but at least I could walk and even search online for help or answers. Lately? Stuck in a hospital bed and unable to hear out of my left ear at all. Searching is impossible because my memory says “you remember it dude! What was it called? No clue! Good luck!”

I hope this doesn’t hurt Rockstar because I have them as being a great child game developer with the first GTA games. Sadly though when those came out I was an adult, albeit a young on in my early 20’s.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright now let's get GTAV running on the Wii U lol.

In all seriousness I wonder if we might see this lead to a playable Switch version.
It will lead to absolutely nothing as anyone who looks at, reads or edits this code will be liable to be punished to the fullest extent of the law regarding copyright infringement.

This is rockstar... remember the devs behind the decomp project were sued??

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright now let's get GTAV running on the Wii U lol.

In all seriousness I wonder if we might see this lead to a playable Switch version.
Doubt it. Don't get your hopes up.

• Haha
Reactions: ZeroT21

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will lead to absolutely nothing as anyone who looks at, reads or edits this code will be liable to be punished to the fullest extent of the law regarding copyright infringement.

This is rockstar... remember the devs behind the decomp project were sued??
Its cute that you think that will stop everyone. Also Rockstar ultimately lost that decomp battle if ya hadn't heard.

Having said that, while I could see someone getting a private build running to some extent on the Switch, I do agree that the chances of that person distributing that build are slim to none.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doubt it. Don't get your hopes up.
I hope you don't think I did have my hopes up to any real extent. Hell I haven't even hacked out my Switch lol, I couldn't care less if it actually happens, would just love to see someone work on it as a personal passion project, that's all,I more just want to see a proof of concept than anything else.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be legal to use the source leak for making game mods, given that the modder only distribute the mod, with no R* assets?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto