1. lorecast162

lorecast162 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    can you make an italian patch for G,S and C?

2. Jermeister

Jermeister Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I just recently found this but would it also be possible to make a 2player compatible "Pokemon Trading card game"? because i was disappointed that the normal VC of PTCG wasnt multiplayer and i now see this making GSC multiplayer compatible by using the RBYG VC so would it require some sort of patch or would i be able to just stick the rom in?

r0ni likes this.
  3. FrostyDialga

FrostyDialga Banned
    Banned

Want to make an english translated pokemon green.

4. The4anoni

The4anoni Newbie

Will the prism patch work with 0.92 version of game ?

5. Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox fox-ott

United States
    [snip]
    If anyone is wondering how to get the patch for Red, Blue and Yellow, just grab it from inside the .CIA file.

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox, Jan 23, 2017
  6. shutterbug2000

shutterbug2000 Cubic NINJHAX!

United States
    Odd question, but what exactly goes into the patch? Like, let's say I wanted to patch a game besides Pokemon, tetris for example. How would I go about that?

7. TheStoneBanana

OP TheStoneBanana GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I addressed this a little in the documentation, but I'll try to explain it again a little clearer here.
    It's not so much "patching" anything, even though that's the official name. It essentially gives this VC emulator cues during emulation as to when certain link functions are being executed, and then the emulator can do specific functions that it wants to.

For example, there is a part in the patch that allows the prompt to connect to another player to appear. This works by being pointed to an address in the ROM where link cable functions begin, and when the program counter in the emulator itself reaches this address, the internal function for the prompt is triggered.

cvskid and Asia81 like this.
  8. Prince Valmont

Prince Valmont GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This. I'm wanting the same thing. I've got the elusive REV-D ROM of Shane Mohammed's Pokemon Green hack that I would love to inject and put on my 3DS (with the working VC Link Patch). I'm still going to do research on how to make this happen. From the first page it seems a little... intimidating.

9. FrostyDialga

FrostyDialga Banned
    Banned

The original green rom in the CIA does not work with the patch though it glitches the game and causes it to crash when you start a new game. so I tried a green rom that worked with the patch but the link feature won't work and talking to the lady in the poke center causes the game to hang.

10. LunarXDiviner

LunarXDiviner GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Will there ever be patches for cias of FR/LG and R/S/E?

11. TheStoneBanana

United States
    No. This special VC emulator was only designed to specifically run GB and GBC games.

12. Asdolo

Asdolo the Hedgehog

Argentina
    The icon.bin has bad flags @Traiver

13. Prince Valmont

Prince Valmont GBAtemp Regular

United States
    StoneBanana, when development of the patch becomes further along, do you think it might be something to collaborate with Asdolo on and possibly including in a future GB/GBC VC Injector? Assuming such a thing would be possible.

14. Syphist

Syphist Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    IDK what I'm doing wrong, but I can't find the exefs folder or code.bin. I've dumped the cxi via Decrypt9WIP if that helps.

15. TheStoneBanana

United States
    An automated patch maker is planned. Plans to collaborate with Asdolo at this point haven't been discussed, because the tool isn't finished.

16. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Is there a patch for pokemon brown?

17. Randomdice101

Randomdice101 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Would you be able to show me how to fix it? I haven't played it because of that...

18. Asdolo

Asdolo the Hedgehog

Argentina
    Well, there are many ways to fix that. You can decompile the CIA using this tutorial, and then locate the icon.icn file in the ExeFS folder, and then hex-edit it replacing the 4 bytes starting on the offset 0x2028 with:
    Code:
    C5 01 00 00
    (4 bytes long), saving your icon.icn and recompiling the CIA using the same tutorial.

Another way would be to make your own CIA with my GBC Injector, in which you can customize it the way you want. Also, if you use this method, don't forget to include the .patch file in the step 4 that makes the Link Cable features works!

Randomdice101 likes this.
  19. ThisIsJohn

ThisIsJohn Member
    Newcomer

United States
    How would I do this? I don't want to take up too much of your time, so just what program I would use and how I could identify the patch for RBY would be great. I've trying to figure out how to patch the first Gen games for a while.

20. Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox fox-ott

United States
    Just unpack the romfs and look for a file named "Dmgapae0.e69.patch". That's the patch you need.

ThisIsJohn likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Release], Wireless, Pokemon