United Kingdom
Somehow i did this :\

SmnleCB.png

Xcetric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would Love If Someone Can Make A Tutorial on Youtube On How To Change The Hair Color On Characters Please.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would Love If Someone Can Make A Tutorial on Youtube On How To Change The Hair Color On Characters Please.

I would love that as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In that case you mustve made the hair transparent or something... Im still trying to figure it out myself, but I havent had that happen yet

I know why it happened it's because i edited the wrong part of the out.csv that edits the model

Aus-Yoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies for the probably dumb question (and potentially clogging up the thread), but how do you enable/view textures once the model's imported, if this does import textures? I don't have any experience in 3d programs so I'm not sure where to look. (got the 3ds max 2017 trial version if it makes any difference)

Legendary Super

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So, does any version of 3DS Max work? Cause I'm more than ready to edit some vertices again like when I used to for Brawl... lol!

I gotta bring Moka Akashiya back into the fray again! I won't link my own video, but I did this as a Brawl mod back in the day over Peach.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, does any version of 3DS Max work? Cause I'm more than ready to edit some vertices again like when I used to for Brawl... lol!

I gotta bring Moka Akashiya back into the fray again! I won't link my own video, but I did this as a Brawl mod back in the day over Peach.

Yeah any version would work

SebTremblay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apologies for the probably dumb question (and potentially clogging up the thread), but how do you enable/view textures once the model's imported, if this does import textures? I don't have any experience in 3d programs so I'm not sure where to look. (got the 3ds max 2017 trial version if it makes any difference)

If the texture files are in the same folder as your model when you launch the import script, the texture will appear in 3DS Max. If you want to make the Normal Map and the Alpha appear, it's another story ;)

Aus-Yoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If the texture files are in the same folder as your model when you launch the import script, the texture will appear in 3DS Max. If you want to make the Normal Map and the Alpha appear, it's another story ;)
So they aren't imported in the .nut file, and they just have to be in .PNG or .DDS format?

Edit: It worked, thanks :) And yes, the alpha/transparency does seem to be another issue altogether unfortunately.
Just have to figure this program out now, it's gonna be fun. :b (it seems hard to rotate the view the way you want to...also I didn't see the textures in the material list oddly enough)

Last edited by Aus-Yoshi,

SebTremblay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So they aren't imported in the .nut file, and they just have to be in .PNG or .DDS format?

Edit: It worked, thanks :) And yes, the alpha/transparency does seem to be another issue altogether unfortunately.
Just have to figure this program out now, it's gonna be fun. :b (it seems hard to rotate the view the way you want to...also I didn't see the textures in the material list oddly enough)

Right click on your object, object property, take note of the material number. Go into the material editor, find your object in the list, double click, your texture is there. If you edit your texture in another program, it will automaticly refresh in 3ds Max.

If you want to make the normal maps appear, just drag them near the object (beside your texture), and link it to ''bump'', and make the number bigger than 100.

For the alpha, same process but link it to opacity and play with the number. Make sure that you set the Map to Alpha in the Bitmap parameters.

Most of the time, this will only show up when rendering. I found that the normal map work well, but I have some issue with the alpha (again, I just learned 3ds max by myself over the month)

I found that the easiest method to work is to select the object you want to modify the texture, go to tool: viewport canva. Directly color on the model with a obvious color. Save the new texture and open it in photoshop above the old texture. You now know exactly where to make your correction.

For Vertex, select your object, click on the rainbow (modify), editable mesh, vertex. U CANT ADD OR DELETE A VERTEX. you can only move them around, or else the inject script wont work.

Good luck!!!! I'm personnaly stuck on the material editor (glow, lighting and hair color). Sorry for the bad english.

Reactions: Aus-Yoshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: