USB Loader GX 3.0 Rev 1271 works, but upgrading to Rev 1281 hangs at "reinitializing devices"

silver76

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently using USB Loader GX v3.0 Rev. 1271 on my vWii and everything works perfectly.

I tried to update to Rev 1281 by taking a backup of the folder and then replacing the files in the zip hosted on oscwii.org, however on startup it hangs at "reinitializing devices".

Things I've tried with various searches:
  • Deleting GXGlobal.cfg - made no difference.
  • Removing UStealth from the drive - made no difference.
  • Changing the USB Loader GX launcher cIOS from 249 to 58, 250 and 251 - it would launch, but no games could be found on the HDD.
  • Updating cIOS 249, 250 and 215 from d2x-v10beta52-vWii to d2x-v11beta1-vWii - made no difference.
My current cIOS list now looks like this (lines with "No patches" have been excluded):

vIOS58 (rev 6432): USB 2.0 vIOS249[56] (rev 21011, Info: d2x-v11beta1-vWii): NAND Access, USB 2.0 vIOS250[57] (rev 21011, Info: d2x-v11beta1-vWii): NAND Access, USB 2.0 vIOS251[58] (rev 21011, Info: d2x-v11beta1-vWii): NAND Access, USB 2.0

I've now gone back to backup I made of USB Loader GX v3.0 Rev 1271 - and everything works perfectly again.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by silver76,
Reactions: Blythe93

Monkeyballz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using USB Loader GX v3.0 Rev. 1271 on my vWii and everything works perfectly.

I tried to update to Rev 1281 by taking a backup of the folder and then replacing the files in the zip hosted on oscwii.org, however on startup it hangs at "reinitializing devices".

Things I've tried with various searches:
  • Deleting GXGlobal.cfg - made no difference.
  • Removing UStealth from the drive - made no difference.
  • Changing the USB Loader GX launcher cIOS from 249 to 58, 250 and 251 - it would launch, but no games could be found on the HDD.
  • Updating cIOS 249, 250 and 215 from d2x-v10beta52-vWii to d2x-v11beta1-vWii - made no difference.
My current cIOS list now looks like this (lines with "No patches" have been excluded):

vIOS58 (rev 6432): USB 2.0 vIOS249[56] (rev 21011, Info: d2x-v11beta1-vWii): NAND Access, USB 2.0 vIOS250[57] (rev 21011, Info: d2x-v11beta1-vWii): NAND Access, USB 2.0 vIOS251[58] (rev 21011, Info: d2x-v11beta1-vWii): NAND Access, USB 2.0

I've now gone back to backup I made of USB Loader GX v3.0 Rev 1271 - and everything works perfectly again.

What am I doing wrong?
I have the same issue.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
That's really weird. I assume that you're using an HDD with an Y cable (or an externally powered one), seeing that it works perfectly fine with an older build?
How's your HDD connected to the console? Or HDDs, if that's the case?

I have a dual HDD setup and my HDDs are connected with Y cables to the console so that my vWii HDD is connected to the back (data cable goes into the top USB port when placed horizontally) and my Wii U HDD to the front (the order isn't important). I'm using v3.0-r1281, where both Loader and Game IOS are set to 249 and I'm still using d2x-v10beta52-vWii instead of newer d2x-v11beta1-vWii.

Obviously. I haven't tested every game I've installed so far, but at least from what I can see everything loads fine and launching a random game worked without any issues so far.

Your setup should be alright, I guess. The only difference is that I'm still using the older cIOS revisions but, from what I could see, that didn't work for you after you updated to the latest USB Loader GX release.
You can read up on some more troubleshooting tips here. Unfortunately, there's nothing much I can do to help out.

Reactions: jeannotte

Monkeyballz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's really weird. I assume that you're using an HDD with an Y cable (or an externally powered one), seeing that it works perfectly fine with an older build?
How's your HDD connected to the console? Or HDDs, if that's the case?

I have a dual HDD setup and my HDDs are connected with Y cables to the console so that my vWii HDD is connected to the back (data cable goes into the top USB port when placed horizontally) and my Wii U HDD to the front (the order isn't important). I'm using v3.0-r1281, where both Loader and Game IOS are set to 249 and I'm still using d2x-v10beta52-vWii instead of newer d2x-v11beta1-vWii.

Obviously. I haven't tested every game I've installed so far, but at least from what I can see everything loads fine and launching a random game worked without any issues so far.

Your setup should be alright, I guess. The only difference is that I'm still using the older cIOS revisions but, from what I could see, that didn't work for you after you updated to the latest USB Loader GX release.
You can read up on some more troubleshooting tips here. Unfortunately, there's nothing much I can do to help out.
My setup is usb sd card setup on front for wii u games, hdd with y cable in rear for vwii and gamecube games. And I use WiiBackup Manager to put the wii games on my hdd in wbfs directory. I don't think that makes a difference since it works with v1271.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto