Tutorial Edit OFW clean Switch save data from NAND backup/restoring via Fusee Gelee payloads

ZeroHikari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I can see from the main post that as of 01/02/2020 your switch isx not banned, is this still the same as of today? I'm considering doing this for unedited saves on CFW for the purposes of going online on SWSH (i don't own ACNH) but unsure if this is still a ban-risk?

kimbra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can see from the main post that as of 01/02/2020 your switch isx not banned, is this still the same as of today? I'm considering doing this for unedited saves on CFW for the purposes of going online on SWSH (i don't own ACNH) but unsure if this is still a ban-risk?
There's always some kind of ban risk as you're editing the save file of your game and going online with it, but I'm still not banned as of now.

Yusuke_DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mister, Sir...
You're a genius! Thanks so much for the tutorial.

So, i Have a patched Switch with Pokemon Let's Go bought before i patched it. It had a save file.
Then i patched the switch making a NAND backup and continue to play the Pokémon. Now i want to restore the NAND keeping the save. So, all i need to do is follow the tutorial? I have the need check list entire!

kimbra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mister, Sir...
You're a genius! Thanks so much for the tutorial.

So, i Have a patched Switch with Pokemon Let's Go bought before i patched it. It had a save file.
Then i patched the switch making a NAND backup and continue to play the Pokémon. Now i want to restore the NAND keeping the save. So, all i need to do is follow the tutorial? I have the need check list entire!
If I’m understanding right, you want to restore a previous NAND backup while maintaining your Let’s Go save? If so, I believe it should work. All you’d have to do is extract your most recent Let’s Go save, restore the previous NAND, and then inject the save file. I’ve never done it like this, so proceed with caution.

jsnkhiu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
IMPORTANT! For those facing "Failed....device_key_4x" just edit the device_key_4x to device_key in your prod.keys. Wasted 3 hours trying to figure this out.

Last edited by jsnkhiu,
Reactions: kimbra

phuongbag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's always some kind of ban risk as you're editing the save file of your game and going online with it, but I'm still not banned as of now.
Hi any update? So does this mean you able to play ACNH online normal without ban; somewhat until now?

DevilzCY

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone bold enough to simply just boot to sysnand and use checkpoint or any hb to backup restore save, and still not get banned?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone bold enough to simply just boot to sysnand and use checkpoint or any hb to backup restore save, and still not get banned?

I did this a few times with Pokemon Let's Go saves. I've never been banned, but it's still undoubtedly risky. Some people have ran different homebrew, game mods, and other tweaks (like overclocking) on sysnand without being banned, as long as they don't do these things while playing online.

I personally won't risk it, and I can't recommend in good faith for anybody else to risk it either. Keep your homebrew/mods/piracy on emuMMC, and keep sysnand clean. And yes, it's difficult and time-consuming to do, but this method of transferring save data is safer than running checkpoint or some other homebrew on sysnand.

I really wish someone would write a save manager as an RCM payload. Seems to me like it would make this much easier with the same very small ban risk. I'm not sure whether that would be significantly harder to make though.

Reactions: kimbra and DevilzCY

DevilzCY

Trophies
XP
Country
I did this a few times with Pokemon Let's Go saves. I've never been banned, but it's still undoubtedly risky. Some people have ran different homebrew, game mods, and other tweaks (like overclocking) on sysnand without being banned, as long as they don't do these things while playing online.

I personally won't risk it, and I can't recommend in good faith for anybody else to risk it either. Keep your homebrew/mods/piracy on emuMMC, and keep sysnand clean. And yes, it's difficult and time-consuming to do, but this method of transferring save data is safer than running checkpoint or some other homebrew on sysnand.

I really wish someone would write a save manager as an RCM payload. Seems to me like it would make this much easier with the same very small ban risk. I'm not sure whether that would be significantly harder to make though.
Thank you for your opinion. I have asked this many times and while many said it's a sure banned. None of ppl who said so had actual personal experiences as far as I know. However, 2 of my friends who actually did that, boot to sysnand, only used checkpoint to backup restore saves, never played any pirate games on sysnand. Only play games they owned online on sysnand. And it's been years, they have not gotten banned yet.
Of course I do know there is always a risk. I just wanna speculate and know more of actual experiences.

DevilzCY

Trophies
XP
Country
While one person may not be banned, the same cannot be said for others. There have been people banned and not banned for doing the exact same things.
Yes, but in my case, all people I know did the same thing and have not yet got banned. Those I know got banned had played pirated games on their consoles.

Dezmond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I searched the thread but didn't find results for my question.

Does anyone know if saves for games you own physically are saved differently on SYSNAND?

When I mount USER the saves folder doesn't include any game I own physically there.
I did find save in SYSTEM with the name I'm trying to look for, but don't think that's what I need. Make backups using the latest Hekate.

ibra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any Idea why HacDiskMount doing this:

Mounted USER to 'A:' with physical sector size mismatch (file: 4096 part: 512) - FORCING READ ONLY

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So Tampa is going to get fucked