1. Max89

Max89 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    if i need to use the inject method for many files and folder how can i edit the note?
    like this?
    hactoolnet.exe -k prod.keys -t save save/00000000000000XX --repack out/00000000000000XX/

Last edited by Max89, Mar 29, 2020
    kimbra likes this.
  2. Irfantera

Irfantera Newbie
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    I have the same question as the above.

3. LiderHoopa

LiderHoopa Newbie
    Newcomer

Turkey
    Hello, can I use this for AC: New Horizons

4. yataco

yataco Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina
    Hi, I could not restore my pkm save file, always said my file is corrupted... anyone has the same problem?

My steps:

1- I mount the raw
    2- copy save files from "pkm sh" and "pkm lets go"
    3- used hactoonet with the "extract"
    4- modified all with PkHex (put a box of pkm)
    5- save and inject, copy save and overwrite files
    6- unmount, close, disconnect my microSD, inject payload
    7- restore raw
    8- open the game and FAIL u.u

please helppp...

5. kimbra

OP kimbra Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes. I just dumped my ACNH save from my NAND and poked around through it. The NHSE by Kaphotics provides a bunch of editing options so far, but I've yet to actually use any as I'm just curious about what's available versus actually editing my save file at the moment. I will also have to figure out a proper inject.bat script for this save structure, but that probably won't be too difficult.

6. Max89

Max89 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    if anyone is interested, this method works with animal crossing new horizon.

7. Sehro

Sehro Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    My rawnands are split up into several pieces from Hekate, I been running HacDiskMount on the first raw file but then I try my keys on the User it just says error during test "Reached the end of the file". Do I need to recombine all the bin files for it to be valid? If so is there any tool that can do so.

8. catlady77

catlady77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for this. I just got back into homebrew again (last was 3ds) and I can see how much more work this involves. I wanted to take my ACNH edited save and inject it in my unhacked switch.

i do have issues with hecate, however, after awhile of booting in - my switch constantly goes to sleep and won’t finish booting into it. I had to take it off, I’m not sure what’s causing it.

9. WaluigiMan

WaluigiMan GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    i can also confirm that this works for Animal Crossing but i had to change the second save to sav to match the folder name:
    hactoolnet.exe -k prod.keys -t save sav/00000000000000XX --repack out/00000000000000XX/

kimbra likes this.
  10. catlady77

United States
    did you go online yet

11. WaluigiMan

Germany
    Yeah I did go online nothing happened so far. I use this method for my Legit Switch to modify saves. I only edited some bells miles and items in my save nothing too obscure. But I also used this method for Pokemon 3 months ago hacked some battle ready pokemon in and did Online Battles with them and I'm still not banned as of today.

12. catlady77

United States
    cool thanks! the only "questionable" thing i did was unlock all DIY but honestly im not too worried about it because there are sellers on ebay that unlock Pokemon SWSH to 100% and full inventory and inject it into non-hacked switches. I think the only thing that gets you banned is if you cheat online and if you use cfw saving tools like checkpoint

WaluigiMan likes this.
  13. WaluigiMan

Germany
    Yeah same as long as you really dont fuck up your Town everything should be fine!

14. Wegzin

Wegzin Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hi, guys!

I started to play AC: New Horizons on my hacked switch when it got leaked (March 17th), as I wasn't really sure I'd like the game. Now me and my gf already put a bunch of hours into the game and I want to buy it on my clean switch to support de devs and be able to play online.

As far as I know, the save data of this game is linked to the users/console. Can I transfer my save data from the hacked switch to the clean one? Would the fact that I started playing before the release an issue?

Hacked switch - I use SXOS on 9.2.0, never used EmuNAND (wasn't an option when I hacked) and was never online
    Clean switch - Hackable (older then the hacked one) and is on 10.0.0 (maybe this is bad, I don't know, but I wouldn't mind to wait. I just want to know if it's possible, assuming the exploits work on 10.0.0)

Thanks in advance, guys!
    (Sorry for the many questions)

Last edited by Wegzin, Apr 15, 2020
  15. piplupwater

piplupwater Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So i'm kind of a noob when it comes to this switch stuff and i was following the guide on the OP, i got to the point to use hekate to dump my nand and it worked with no problems.

I then try to dump my console keys with Lockpick_RCM and it throws a unknown pkg1 error at me and is telling me to update the payload with a newer version.(I'm using the latest version) I'm on firmware 10.0.0. did lockpick break with the update or did i miss something.

Last edited by piplupwater, Apr 15, 2020
  16. piplupwater

piplupwater Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    nevermind Lockpick just updated

17. warningjump

warningjump Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Are you getting "Failed to match key device_key_4x" on resigning the save ?

After putting it back in my NAND and restoring it to my switch, I still get the error that my save is corrupted.

Strangely enough i've never had this before...I redumped all of my keys as well.

18. kimbra

OP kimbra Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I get this:
    Code:
    Failed to match key eticket_rsa_kek_source
    Failed to match key eticket_rsa_kekek_source
    Failed to match key rsa_oaep_kek_generation_source
    Failed to match key rsa_private_kek_generation_source
    Failed to match key ssl_rsa_kek_source_x
    Failed to match key ssl_rsa_kek_source_y
    Successfully signed save file

19. warningjump

warningjump Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Hey mate - managed to successfully resign the save last night.

Had to use "--repack" as opposed to "--replacefile" and it worked.

Thanks !

20. VenOru13

VenOru13 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Edit: I'll eave the post intact, but in case anyone else is having this problem, I just updated everything to it's latest version. Hekate, Hactools, new Prod keys, etc. Just ensure you are up to date!

So, I'm not understanding what I'm doing wrong here, can someone help me out?

I can extract the Animal Crossing save to it's own folder, no problem. I can see the main.dat and use it in the save editor. I've modified just the Bells, save it, and re open the main.dat to make sure it's saved the changes, which it has. I was running the this for injection.bat:
    hactoolnet.exe -k prod.keys -t save sav/00000000000000xx --replacefile /main.dat out/00000000000000xx/main.dat
    pause

This would successfully go through, but on restoring my NAND, the save is corrupt. I tested it out again and immediately after injecting, I re extracted the save and tried to open it up in the editor and it gives me a selectindex error. I came here to see if there was a fix, but everytime I run this injection:
    hactoolnet.exe -k prod.keys -t save sav/00000000000000xx --repack out/00000000000000xx/
    pause

I get this:
    "
    Failed to match key eticket_rsa_kek_source
    Failed to match key eticket_rsa_kekek_source
    Failed to match key rsa_oaep_kek_generation_source
    Failed to match key rsa_private_kek_generation_source
    Failed to match key ssl_rsa_kek_source_x
    Failed to match key ssl_rsa_kek_source_y

ERROR: 2002-0001"

Am I missing something obvious here? I tried to figure it out for a couple of hours with no luck.

Last edited by VenOru13, Apr 20, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - restoring, payloads, Switch