1. MSco

MSco GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    @lordupload The best way to determine this is having a look at the creation date of the files. You have to remember, when this savegame has been created the FIRST time. This is the "last edit" date in the filebrowser. Sort all savegames by this date and you will find it.

lordupload likes this.
  2. Tennant

Tennant Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Which stage are you up to in the guide? maybe I can help before kimbra gets back.

Please be sure you have your SD card connected to your PC.
    Once opened, there should be a "backup" file. open this and the next folder til you have rawnand.bin and a restore folder.
    This rawnan.bin file you need to mount using HacDiskMount.
    Once mounted as a Floppy disk in your A: drive, open that and you'll find your "save" folder.
    You will likely have only the 1 file if ACNH is your only game. That is your AC save.
    If you have a few saves from different games, copy and test each one using NHSE until one works correctly and proceed from there.
    Least, that was how I did it :)

3. lordupload

lordupload Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Could you add me on Discord and help me out maybe, just some questions.
    (In German:) Hey, könntest du mich vielleicht auf Discord adden. Würde dir nur ein paar Fragen stellen wollen!
    Discord: Lordupload#9796

Thank you!

4. lordupload

lordupload Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    I have 2 Savefiles from Animal Crossing there now. One is ending with 3a and the other one with 3b. Which one i take?

2nd Problem: If I mount EMMC with TegraRCMGui the program freezes. Why is that? I tried with the USB C to USB C MacBook Cable with which I am loading as well as the Cable for the Pro controller. It detects the RCM mode but when I mount it the program freezes...

Last edited by lordupload, May 12, 2020
  5. Tennant

Tennant Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I save the NAND to the SD card and edit it from the SD. No need to connect the switch to a computer or MAC except for the initial Hekate injection via TegraRCMGui. once Hekate boots up on the switch, disconnect it.

i tried editing it while inside the switch using Memloader but it doesn't register.

lordupload likes this.
  6. Jasken

Jasken Newbie
    Newcomer

Japan
    Long time user of this method for Pokemon SW/SH - made an account because I can't extract the ACNH file for the life of me.

Edit: I'm an idiot, while I there was save data present on my switch - upon loading the game I found that I had previously deleted the save data for whatever reason.

Of course - you must start a new game and save said game for it to extract... :D

(any mod feel free to delete this post)

Last edited by Jasken, May 13, 2020
  7. mioramoe

mioramoe Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Got it working

Last edited by mioramoe, May 15, 2020
  8. Artomis

Artomis Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    mind updating the link? It's currently broken and I'm curious to see this guide

9. kimbra

OP kimbra Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Which link?

Never mind! Found the link you’re speaking of, and it should be fixed now.

Last edited by kimbra, May 17, 2020
    Artomis likes this.
  10. ytbro00

ytbro00 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This is going to get you banned on Animal Crossing New Horizons though, right? I saw on another post that the game has checks if the save file has been modified or transferred.

11. lolkibo

lolkibo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I've gotten up to the extract nand gamesave part. But when I run the .bat file to extract the saves to the 'out' folder, I get a lot of "title header missing" and it doesn't extract anything. Therefore I can only get my BOTW saves when I'm trying to get my ACNH save. Is there a way to fix that? I tried running the .bat as admin, didn't help. I did have to use the joint script since I had 15 rawnand.bin files, could that have messed up anything? The test on the string found at bis_key_03 was successful.

EDIT: You can get a successful test with an incomplete rawnand.bin. It takes a bit for everything to compile into a single rawnand.bin

Last edited by lolkibo, May 26, 2020 at 2:56 AM
  12. Audioboxer

Audioboxer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thanks for this guide, after an initial NAND backup, I'm just editing it directly with save files. Low risk as long as you know what to do and you only change save files.

13. lolkibo

lolkibo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Kimbra I know you don't check this often, but any idea why I get access denied when I try to run my extract.bat? I'm an admin on my pc, running hactoolnet.exe or the .bat as admin makes it not work at all.

I've done everything. I've changed the owner of the drive it lives on. I rewrote the batch script so I can run it as admin from a shortcut (Batch files can only run as admin from a shortcut). I've configured hactoolnet.exe to run as admin. I've asked in three forums and even asked the maker on Github. Why does it say access denied for something I obviously have access to?

D:\switch stuff\hactoolnet-0.11.2-win\ACNH>hactoolnet.exe -k prod.keys -t save save/0000000000000018 --outdir out/0000000000000018
    Failed to match key device_key_4x
    Failed to match key eticket_rsa_kek_source
    Failed to match key eticket_rsa_kekek_source
    Failed to match key rsa_oaep_kek_generation_source
    Failed to match key rsa_private_kek_generation_source
    Failed to match key ssl_rsa_kek_source_x
    Failed to match key ssl_rsa_kek_source_y

ERROR: Access to the path 'D:\switch stuff\hactoolnet-0.11.2-win\ACNH\save\0000000000000018' is denied.

Additional information:
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException
    at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle) + 0x9a
    at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode, FileShare, FileOptions) + 0xa4
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String, FileMode, FileAccess, FileShare, Int32, FileOptions) + 0x14b
    at LibHac.FsSystem.LocalStorage..ctor(String, FileAccess, FileMode) + 0x51
    at hactoolnet.ProcessSave.Process(Context) + 0xa7
    at hactoolnet.Program.Run(String[]) + 0x269
    at hactoolnet.Program.Main(String[]) + 0x1a

D:\switch stuff\hactoolnet-0.11.2-win\ACNH>pause
    Press any key to continue . . .

Last edited by lolkibo, May 26, 2020 at 5:10 AM
  14. Audioboxer

Don't run it as admin, run it normally. Also make sure prod.keys is in the same folder.

Also did you actually create the save folder?

Last edited by Audioboxer, May 27, 2020 at 12:21 PM
  15. lolkibo

lolkibo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I copied the folder that has the main.dat, MainHeader.dat, and Villager0 folder to the "sav" folder. Should prod.keys also be in 00000018, or in the hactoolnet folder?

16. Audioboxer

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - restoring, payloads, Switch