1. Taishiro

Taishiro Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    I'm trying this with Animal Crossing: New Horizons. When I run the injection, I get this:
    "Unable to sign save file. Do you have all the required keys?".

prod.keys is literally in the same folder as hactoolnet and I dumped 81 keys with Lockpick. I don't know what I'm doing wrong :(

edit: Reading the first pages' replies, I managed to fix this by adding the "sept" folder from atmosphere to my SD card (as mentioned in lockpick_rcm's github page). @kimbra you should add this to the main thread, it could be helpful to some ppl ^^

Last edited by Taishiro, Apr 22, 2020
    kimbra likes this.
  2. Max89

Max89 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    just to be sure.. have you changed the xx with the right number/letters of your save file?
    your folderd name is "save" or "sav"?

3. VenOru13

VenOru13 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah, I literally just had to update my hactool exe and get the new 10.0 prod.keys. it was a bit of a headache lol

4. catlady77

catlady77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i havent done this yet but for people who are playing online with their edited save (acnh) did you make another new save on your hacked one so you're not essentially using the same exact save that you transferred over?

5. kimbra

OP kimbra Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So, that’s not the process I’ve been doing. I just connect my Switch to my PC, mount the NAND directly, find the ACNH save data file, extract the save data and edit it how I want, resign to the save file, and put it back into the mounted NAND. I play online afterward just fine. I don’t do any save transferring of any kind or run any CFW, and this is all done on a single Switch (my only one).

6. catlady77

United States
    ok that makes sense. i have 2 switches, but i still want to send myself some items as the game updates. but it would be weird if i transferred using the same save files.

edit: wait i am dumb, both switches need to hacked lmao

Last edited by catlady77, Apr 23, 2020
  7. I''S

I''S Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Can I backup only user without system for faster backup? I read there is this option with hekate. So edit and import backup will be faster.

8. catlady77

United States
    cause i remember this conversation with a user on ebay who was selling unlocked Pokemon Sword files

me: How do you inject saves if the users switch isn’t modded? You can do that? I thought your switch had to be modded to rewrite save data like this.

Reply: What I do is transfer the user's save file from their Switch to my modded Switch. I do the work with my modded Switch. After I am done, I transfer the save file from my modded Switch to their Switch. This way I never tamper with the user's Switch and it is a safe method to unlock customer's save file.

I thought this was the method.

9. kimbra

OP kimbra Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have finally added a FAQ section at the bottom of my tutorial! It includes that info among many other things I've seen asked over the last few months. Thanks to everyone for your questions and suggestions! I hope the results are helpful.

10. SwitchCycleMind

Newcomer

Philippines
    I'm new to this, but can you link me to the ACNH editor that you're using? Just want to make sure. If I follow the full tutorial is it foolproof and safe? No chances of me breaking or glitching my OFW save?

11. kimbra

OP kimbra Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I recommend using whatever is the most recent one on this page. It’s neither foolproof nor guaranteed safe. Of course there are chances of breaking or glitching, so keep backups. I haven’t personally broken any of my saves yet or heard of any from other users when using quality and reputable save editors. This is especially true if you keep backups.

12. djricekcn

djricekcn GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    ***EDIT***

Actually, can someone make this with less text...I'm getting a bit lost on instructions. there's too many text

I beleive i was able to do it correctly after, but now when i restore, i'm getting corrupted data + broken save data error.

I'm doing nothing crazy with the save data (like 99999 bells in hand, 10,000,000 bells in atm, 9999 nook points)

***ADD***
    The command prompt opens and closes too quickly so i didn't notice but it looks like i'm getting failed to match key device_key_4x but i have prod.key...what can be causing this?

Last edited by djricekcn, Apr 27, 2020
  13. VenOru13

VenOru13 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

Did you add 'pause' one line under your extract and inject BATs? For example:
    "hactoolnet.exe -k prod.keys -t save sav/00000000000000XX --repack out/00000000000000XX/
    pause"

That should keep the prompt open. Failed to match XYZ errors aren't the problem, but if it doesn't successfully sign the save under those errors, it won't work. You should be seeing something like this:

"Failed to match key device_key_4x
    Failed to match key eticket_rsa_kek_source
    Failed to match key eticket_rsa_kekek_source
    Failed to match key rsa_oaep_kek_generation_source
    Failed to match key rsa_private_kek_generation_source
    Failed to match key ssl_rsa_kek_source_x
    Failed to match key ssl_rsa_kek_source_y
    input:/main.dat
    input:/mainHeader.dat
    input:/Villager0/personal.dat
    input:/Villager0/personalHeader.dat
    input:/Villager0/photo_studio_island.dat
    input:/Villager0/photo_studio_islandHeader.dat
    input:/Villager0/postbox.dat
    input:/Villager0/postboxHeader.dat
    input:/Villager0/profile.dat
    input:/Villager0/profileHeader.dat
    Successfully signed save file with key xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

If not, make sure EVERYTHING is up to date. I had to get my prod.keys again after the 10.0 firmware update for mine to successfully resign the save.

14. djricekcn

djricekcn GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Thanks for the pause, this is what i get

I have the prod.keys in the same directly as where the exe is at but it's not in the "save" or "out" folder, those two only have the encrypted or decrypted save

The direction itself looks like this
    hactoolnet-0.10.0-win
    ┗out
     ┗<Decrypted save>
    ┗save
     ┗<Encrypted save>
    ┗<BOOT0>
    ┗<BOOT1>
    ┗cmd.exe [[[This is here because I didn't know about the "pause"
    ┗extract.bat
    ┗hactoolnet.exe
    ┗prod.keys
    ┗encrypt.bat

The extract.bat looks like this

The encrypt.bat looks like this
    xx = same numbers for all

the save file, when decrypted has the following
    00000000000000xx
    ┗Villager0
    ┗Village 1
    ┗main.dat
    ┗mainHeader.dat

For NHSE editor, there's only one thing that opens, but have tried both oepning main.dat and the entire 00 folder method

keys in itself i just got it yesterday and today using Lockpick_RCM.bin

i'm at a total lost.

***ADD***
    i do have a sept/ folder in the root of my SD and it's tree looks like
    sept
    ┗payload.bin
    ┗sept-primary.bin
    ┗sept-secondary.bin
    ┗sept-secondary_00.enc
    ┗sept-secondary_01.enc

I never touched or loaded these in anyway, all i did was get the default zip from https://sdsetup.com/ webpage

my prod.key has the following, although i did take out the IDs for here

Last edited by djricekcn, Apr 27, 2020
  15. lordupload

lordupload Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hey guys. Anybody did this with ACNH and is still not banned? I would try it then.
    Cheers

16. MSco

MSco GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    @lordupload It is not exactly the same, but I did this with Pokemon Sword, play that game online and did not get banned.

17. Tennant

Tennant Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    This method is working amazingly well so far but then I am only on day 2. Flawless instructions. Thank you very much @kimbra

I do have one question that is purely quality of life. Is there a way within this method to just quick load the save file on OFW? It takes a while to keep restoring the entire RAW backup.

*edit;
    I mean reloading the same save that is currently in use again.

Last edited by Tennant, May 8, 2020
  18. kimbra

OP kimbra Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes.

I think I get what you’re asking—check out the second to last question under the FAQ at the end of my guide and let me know if that helps!

Last edited by kimbra, May 8, 2020
  19. Tennant

Tennant Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    That would be to edit the save file without needing to back it up. I do not wish to edit the save file.
    For example, I open up the gate for my friends to come grab some free stuff off my map in Animal Crossing, they leave devestation like a swarm of locusts. I wish to just refresh the save to have it back like it was before they arrived.

edit* I may have the wrong idea myself here.
    You mean to turn off the console, Hekate, mount the drive direct from the console, inject the save data directly and reboot? I'll try this tonight and see how it goes

Last edited by Tennant, May 8, 2020
  20. lordupload

lordupload Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Kimbra, could you help me out here. I can not find the Save and the save meta for ACNH. Is there any prog or way to know which one you can use?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - restoring, payloads, Switch