[Release] HiyaCFW - World's FIRST Nintendo DSi CFW!

Here it is, the first DSi CFW!
logo.png

Video by Alex S (with TWiLight Menu++ (previously known as DSiMenu++ and SRLoader) installed):

Video by @Apache Thunder (When RocketLauncher was planned for a release. With WarioWare Touched (DSiWare version) installed.):

(NOTE: Since hiyaCFW has been released a few days ago (as of posting this), and no official thread has been made, I decided to go and make it, despite not making the actual patches for it. :P )

With this CFW, you can run custom DSiWare, alongside region free and 3DS-exclusive DSiWare (WarioWare Touched), on your SD card, via NAND to SD redirection!
You can also run blocked flashcards (such as R4 Ultra).

GitHub repo

FAQs

Q: Can I use a custom splash for hiyaCFW?
A: Yes you can. Place it at "sd:/hiya/" and name them "splashtop.bmp" and "splashbottom.bmp". Make sure they're actually saved as .bmp files, with the size of 256x192, with no color space info, and is 16-bit (A1 R5 G5 B5, or X1 R5 G5 B5). .gif files will also work instead of .bmp files.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Julia2904

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay so I followed the guides (dsi.cfw.guide) and I installed Unlauncher. It quickly shows up when I start my DSi. I continued following the guide to install HiyaCFW But it went wrong somewhere... I ran HiyaCFW helper and copied the contents of the 'out' folder to my SD card but when I put my sd card back in my DSi the guide says Unlauncher GUI should appear but it doesn't. It just boots the same way it did before. Any ideas?

Julia2904

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay so I followed the guides (dsi.cfw.guide) and I installed Unlauncher. It quickly shows up when I start my DSi. I continued following the guide to install HiyaCFW But it went wrong somewhere... I ran HiyaCFW helper and copied the contents of the 'out' folder to my SD card but when I put my sd card back in my DSi the guide says Unlauncher GUI should appear but it doesn't. It just boots the same way it did before. Any ideas?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you install Unlaunch?

Julia2904

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you install Unlaunch?

I did. When I turn the DS on it briefly shows Unlanch but goes to the normal homescreen and now when I follow the steps in Flipnote to open HBmenu it opens TWiLight Menu ++. I can't open any rooms from there though.

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its been awhile eversents i touched my dsi xl and now after updating everything i now get an error saying that the launchers tmd is to big and looking on here says i need to trim it. how do i trim the file?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its been awhile eversents i touched my dsi xl and now after updating everything i now get an error saying that the launchers tmd is to big and looking on here says i need to trim it. how do i trim the file?
Just get a new .tmd file from the latest "HiyaCFW.7z", or just merge the "title" folder with the one from "HiyaCFW.7z".

Reactions: JSMastah

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
HiyaCFW Helper gets stuck on 'Cleaning...' on my system. Here's a traceback:

Code:
Exception in thread Thread-15:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "HiyaCFW_Helper.py", line 862, in clean
    ug = getlogin()
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Edit: wrong thread! My bad.

Last edited by xxNathanxx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    CWaffles @ CWaffles: Yup. I install LM2 HD a little while ago