[Release] HiyaCFW - World's FIRST Nintendo DSi CFW!

Here it is, the first DSi CFW!
logo.png

Video by Alex S (with TWiLight Menu++ (previously known as DSiMenu++ and SRLoader) installed):

Video by @Apache Thunder (When RocketLauncher was planned for a release. With WarioWare Touched (DSiWare version) installed.):

(NOTE: Since hiyaCFW has been released a few days ago (as of posting this), and no official thread has been made, I decided to go and make it, despite not making the actual patches for it. :P )

With this CFW, you can run custom DSiWare, alongside region free and 3DS-exclusive DSiWare (WarioWare Touched), on your SD card, via NAND to SD redirection!
You can also run blocked flashcards (such as R4 Ultra).

GitHub repo

FAQs

Q: Can I use a custom splash for hiyaCFW?
A: Yes you can. Place it at "sd:/hiya/" and name them "splashtop.bmp" and "splashbottom.bmp". Make sure they're actually saved as .bmp files, with the size of 256x192, with no color space info, and is 16-bit (A1 R5 G5 B5, or X1 R5 G5 B5). .gif files will also work instead of .bmp files.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try redownloading latest nightly from the DSiMenuPlusPlus-update repo.
Also, off-topic. Please post bootstrap-related stuff here.
i have updated to latest dsimenupp always white screen on my games i will post on nds bootstrap thread now

Munandar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ok I've been trying to install this HiyaCFW alongside with dsimenu++ on my japanese DSi LL. The first problem I encountered was after installing Unlaunch, it should be boot to the 'silent' version of dsimenu but mine not, it's only stuck on black screen with some japanese characters on the below screen. I try to find the solution and someone who encounter the same problem said just carry on to process until the end. And it's works. My DSi now has HiyaCFW with dsimenu++ on my SD Card. The biggest problem now is I don't know how to access roms on my flashcart. The only reason I install HiyaCFW and dsimenu++ is to make the UI of my DSi in english, I don't intend to play any dsiware and homebrew. So, is someone here know how to access my flashcart again? I don't like to access my roms from SD card because the compatability issue. Oh, and FYI, my original firmware is 1.4.2 and the flashcart I use is R4i 3DS Lite, I believe it's a DSTT clone. Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for bad english

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I've been trying to install this HiyaCFW alongside with dsimenu++ on my japanese DSi LL. The first problem I encountered was after installing Unlaunch, it should be boot to the 'silent' version of dsimenu but mine not, it's only stuck on black screen with some japanese characters on the below screen. I try to find the solution and someone who encounter the same problem said just carry on to process until the end. And it's works. My DSi now has HiyaCFW with dsimenu++ on my SD Card. The biggest problem now is I don't know how to access roms on my flashcart. The only reason I install HiyaCFW and dsimenu++ is to make the UI of my DSi in english, I don't intend to play any dsiware and homebrew. So, is someone here know how to access my flashcart again? I don't like to access my roms from SD card because the compatability issue. Oh, and FYI, my original firmware is 1.4.2 and the flashcart I use is R4i 3DS Lite, I believe it's a DSTT clone. Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for bad english
You can just launch the flashcard from DSiMenu++.
What games in particular do you want to play? There's a chance that some of them may be compatible from the SD card.

Munandar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You can just launch the flashcard from DSiMenu++.
What games in particular do you want to play? There's a chance that some of them may be compatible from the SD card.
Hhmm it's strange, I don't see the option to access the flashcart. For now I want to play Solatorobo which I believe has some issues if accessed from sd card

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hhmm it's strange, I don't see the option to access the flashcart.
Press start, then select "Launch Slot-1".
For now I want to play Solatorobo which I believe has some issues if accessed from sd card
Solatorobo works fine from the SD card. The ROM needs to be AP-patched on the SD card for it to work properly.
If you're still having issues, even after AP-patching the ROM, try turning off async prefetch.

Munandar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Press start, then select "Launch Slot-1".

Solatorobo works fine from the SD card. The ROM needs to be AP-patched on the SD card for it to work properly.
If you're still having issues, even after AP-patching the ROM, try turning off async prefetch.
Well... Good to hear that but again, it's only solve my problem for now, because some game I plan to play like Dark Dawn and Bowser's inside story still red in the compatability list. I wanna mention though, like I said before, after installing Unlaunch, it's suppose to boot the 'silent' version of dsimenu but mine not, what's the problem?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... Good to hear that but again, it's only solve my problem for now, because some game I plan to play like Dark Dawn and Bowser's inside story still red in the compatability list. I wanna mention though, like I said before, after installing Unlaunch, it's suppose to boot the 'silent' version of dsimenu but mine not, what's the problem?
You have to set it to autoboot DSiMenu++ in the settings.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I start my DSi with HiyaCFW, and it gives me this error:
Error!
Launcher's .tmd is too big.

Please replace it with a clean one.

I don't remember modifying any .TMD archive. Any sugestions?
Your .tmd dumped from the NAND contains Unlaunch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: He was an android boy