Homebrew [RELEASE] DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)

ohasanov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Well i am working on a compatibility list for all pal games (everybody tests USA and JPN). Its not even quarter way complete but let me share my progress nevertheless...
unknown.png

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I’m still amazed that this even works. I can’t wait until Pokémon Snap is playable, that’s the N64 game I want to play most.
AFAIK pokemon snap can't be emulated properly because some events that trigger when you focus on stuff with the camera don't work on emulators for some reason. If you know of an emulator that does run Snap properly from start to end let me know

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
AFAIK pokemon snap can't be emulated properly because some events that trigger when you focus on stuff with the camera don't work on emulators for some reason. If you know of an emulator that does run Snap properly from start to end let me know
I think you can play Snap on Project64 with some specific settings-

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think you can play Snap on Project64 with some specific settings-
If you have more info on that i'd appreciate it. I did research and fiddle with the settings for a couple hours (i was decided to beat the game the very same day i played it for the first time) but nope, no results, i gave up and figured what everyone was saying online about how the camera raycast trigger can't be emulated was true

Reactions: Mama Looigi

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The digital foundry comparisons showed that the 3DS version was unable to maintain a consistent 30fps unlike the Wii version which kept it locked. And with sharper textures.
What is the point you are trying to make? You are comparing two outright different consoles. Which are going to run things both differently. There are going to be major and minor differences and errors between both. even with the same game.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Old post, I know, but why does Xenoblade Chronicles 3D look and run worse on 3ds?

Wii :
88 MB RAM
243 MHz GPU
729 MHz CPU

New 3DS :
256 MB [email protected]/S (64MB Reserved for OS)
133 Mhz GPU(Same as 3DS)
2x798 Mhz CPU

The New 3DS in general is more powerful than the Wii, but it is weaker than the Wii in GPU Clock and Resolution (still it supports some graphic effects that the Wii does not support due to the more modern architecture, you can see this on some Wii and 3DS ports in some glow effects in games like Need for Speed The Run ) and also in file-size, a 3DS game can occupy only 4 GB while a Wii game can occupy 8 GB.

Consider that the 3DS needs to render the game twice due to the 3D effect which is not an easy task for a portable console with such a weak GPU, moreover, it cannot have very high clocks due to the high power consumption (the same rule applies to the Switch, so its clock is reduced in portable mode) and finally, Xenoblade weighs 6.1 GB on the Wii and only 3.6 GB on the 3DS (which explains the very low quality textures), add that to the considerably lower resolution and you get your answer as to why Xenoblade looks worse on the 3DS than on the Wii.

Furthermore 3DS and Wii have very different architectures, it is not an easy task to port a Wii game to the 3DS.

PS: Sorry for my english, Brazilian here.

ohasanov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
@Moon164 where did you get those specs?

• ARM11 CPU: 2x MPCore/2x VFPv2 Co-Processor at 268MHz. Doubling to 4x MPCore/4x VFPv2 Co-Processor for new 3DS with 804MHz max clock.
  • ARM9 CPU: ARM946 at 134MHz
  • GPU: DMP PICA at 268MHz
  • VRAM: 6MB, 10MB for new 3DS
  • DSP: CEVA TeakLite at 134Mhz. 24ch 32728Hz sampling rates
  • System memory: 128MB, 256MB for New 3DS
first of all, 3ds's gpu runs a bit faster than the wii (in the clock department), Also AFAIK the 3ds uses dedicated video memory while the wii shares it with the gpu. Also the new 3ds has double the core count and nearly triple the clocks of the old 3ds. But yeah, the 3ds's screen is much smaller in comparison and the resolution is the half of the wii (Wii screen resolution: 640x480, 3ds screen resolution 800*240 + 320*240). and yes, the gpu has to render the scene twice from different angles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la