Homebrew [RELEASE] DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaedalusX64 is a Nintendo 64 emulator for Linux and PSP, PS Vita and 3DS.

Instructions:
  • Download and extract the data.zip to the root of your sd card.
  • Place your ROM files in sdmc:/3ds/DaedalusX64/Roms/
Release v1.0: https://github.com/masterfeizz/DaedalusX64-3DS/releases/tag/v1.0

Release v1.0:
  • Hardware fog rendering
  • Renderer enhancements
  • Dynarec enhancements

Github repo: https://github.com/masterfeizz/Daedalusx64-3DS

Please submit your test results to the compatibility thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/daedalusx64-3ds-compatibility-thread-unofficial.562288/

Last edited by MasterFeizz,

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Whoa out of nowhere! Going to test on a new 3ds.

Edit: I tested star fox 64 and golden eye 007. Both load and run but obviously as this is a POC there is lots of GFX errors as well as emulation issues regarding speed. Anyway nice to see a N64 emu on the 3DS finally. I'll keep an eye on the vita version in the meantime and maybe a version for Switch could be ported...

Last edited by zerofalcon,

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2020-4-11_18-21-20.png
i came out of my gbatemp slumber to say holy fuck hype

thomadash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When launching the application, the screen goes black for a few seconds and it goes back to The Homebrew Launcher. Still very excited for the future.

Reactions: bonkmaykr

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine crashes while injecting hb into app and hangs on the screen(i can still pull up luma menu) and hb launcher cia just resets back into selecting hb
I'll see if I can do something

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When launching the application, the screen goes black for a few seconds and it goes back to The Homebrew Launcher. Still very excited for the future.
You need to put a ROM in sdmc:/3ds/DaedalusX64/Roms". If there is no ROM the application just closes.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Whoa out of nowhere! Going to test on a new 3ds.

Edit: I tested star fox 64 and golden eye 007. Both load and run but obviously as this is a POC there is lots of GFX errors as well as emulation issues regarding speed. Anyway nice to see a N64 emu on the 3DS finally. I'll keep an eye on the vita version in the meantime and maybe a version for Switch could be ported...
Why do you want this on Switch? Mupen64Plus Next is already fullspeed on most of the games plus has almost 100% compatibility compared to DaedalusX64 (not to mention the hires features GLideN64 has). A port of DaedalusX64 for Switch would be a huge downgrade in everyway.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Why do you want this on Switch? Mupen64Plus Next is already fullspeed on most of the games plus has almost 100% compatibility compared to DaedalusX64 (not to mention the hires features GLideN64 has). A port of DaedalusX64 for Switch would be a huge downgrade in everyway.
Quoted from the github page:
"DaedalusX64
DaedalusX64 is a Nintendo 64 emulator for Linux and PSP, with plans to port to Windows, Mac, PS Vita among other platforms."
Thats the only reason why... It is known mupen64plus next core is well consolidated as the n64 emu of choice for the switch..

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Psi-hate gbatemp is not an imageboard can you try to put description of what your problem is with your images.

amazing work MasterFeizz by the way.
I'm aware, will keep that noted. Well. My images were not problems, apart from the obvious rendering issues that anyone can see. If I were to give a description, maybe "Here's some screenshots of this cool POC emulator!". Though, I'm sure that would get tiring after awhile, no?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...