Homebrew [RELEASE] DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the Vita port of this is completely dead. The author said he wouldn't be taking up more projects, specifically not GTA3 and guess what he did. Started working on GTA3 which is a game I really don't need. It's a nice game but it's so old who cares.

So progress isn't going to be made on his N64 or Dreamcast emulators unfortunately, and after I donated to him. I guess I didn't do the right thing.

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I think the Vita port of this is completely dead. The author said he wouldn't be taking up more projects, specifically not GTA3 and guess what he did. Started working on GTA3 which is a game I really don't need. It's a nice game but it's so old who cares.

So progress isn't going to be made on his N64 or Dreamcast emulators unfortunately, and after I donated to him. I guess I didn't do the right thing.

@Rinnegatamante has been pumping out new software for the VITA all year and is still doing so. He pushed out something new today in fact. He and @MasterFeizz collaborated on this project. So it’s in great hands right now, and this latest update rocks.

Off topic, but since you raised it: The GTA3 port and the Vice City ports to VITA are amazing accomplishments (GTA3 is one of the most significant games ever and Vice City is one of the best). You say “it’s so old who cares” right after you bemoan the lack of updates to emulators for the N64 and Dreamcast (which are OLDER than GTA3). Weird. Anyway, let me go on the record: I would go NUTS if Masterfeizz or some other wizard ported GTA3 to the 3DS. That would be an absolute crowning achievement for 3DS home brew. Judging from the thread on this forum, a lot of other members here agree.

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rinnegatamante has been pumping out new software for the VITA all year and is still doing so. He pushed out something new today in fact. He and @MasterFeizz collaborated on this project. So it’s in great hands right now, and this latest update rocks.

Off topic, but since you raised it: The GTA3 port and the Vice City ports to VITA are amazing accomplishments (GTA3 is one of the most significant games ever and Vice City is one of the best). You say “it’s so old who cares” right after you bemoan the lack of updates to emulators for the N64 and Dreamcast (which are OLDER than GTA3). Weird. Anyway, let me go on the record: I would go NUTS if Masterfeizz or some other wizard ported GTA3 to the 3DS. That would be an absolute crowning achievement for 3DS home brew. Judging from the thread on this forum, a lot of other members here agree.

N64 & Dreamcast have more games. GTA3 was one of the most significant games, GTA1 was too. Both are fun games in their own way. Personally I have played enough GTA I don't play it any more. Dreamcast looked promising til it was discontinued on the Vita. I think that is because the Vita isn't capable of running games at very good speeds. N64 needs more compatibility and some tweaks.

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Little suggestion- especially for Old 3DS users, use this patch on your copy of SM64 to improve performance at least somewhat https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4905/

As for me
The new update works great! :P Never thought I'd see N64 games run like this on 3DS.

Glover used to work for me, but now it just doesn't boot. Is it the rom I'm using or did one of the updates break the game?
It's most likely one of the updates- for me, every update changes which games boot and which don't

ohasanov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Glover used to work for me, but now it just doesn't boot. Is it the rom I'm using or did one of the updates break the game?
There is a new feature called "dynarec loop optimizations". For games that crash try to turn it off in the settings. Also some games do benefit from the Video-Sync option. Especially Goldeneye 007.

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
it's right there, there's only like 5 settings, you can't miss it. if you can't see it you must be using an old build
The only options i have are these:
- Dynamic recompilation
- Audio Plugin
- Sync Audio Rate
- Sync Video Rate
- Texture Hash Check Frequency
- Frameskip
Thats all. I been using the release that came out yesterday on Daedalusx64 discord.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this emulator have a stereoscopic 3d option now?
i saw a video that said it did , but i am having trouble getting most homebrew working right now
for some reason this is not working and my retroarch stopped working a while ago
but SM64 run fine

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this emulator have a stereoscopic 3d option now?
i saw a video that said it did , but i am having trouble getting most homebrew working right now
for some reason this is not working and my retroarch stopped working a while ago
but SM64 run fine
The latest build removes the 3D feature.

ohasanov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
The only options i have are these:
- Dynamic recompilation
- Audio Plugin
- Sync Audio Rate
- Sync Video Rate
- Texture Hash Check Frequency
- Frameskip
Thats all. I been using the release that came out yesterday on Daedalusx64 discord.
which daedalusx64 discord :huh:

ohasanov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Well there is no official one afaik but:
Complete UI overhaul
Video and Sound sync options
Dynarec improvements
More save states