Homebrew [RELEASE] DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)

ohasanov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Like this? (Yeah I didnt see the page 54)

Attachments

• 03aad783-22b7-4a98-8a77-c759afe4d79e.jpg
    03aad783-22b7-4a98-8a77-c759afe4d79e.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 283
Last edited by ohasanov,

Isegrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Does it hang during the intro? I can’t get into actual gameplay.

Yes it does. In the first cut scene. After the door with eyes closes it'll freezes. Previously with the initial 0.2 release build, the game hang up randomly within the title screen demo. Rarely you could get into actual game play.

Unfortunately the new UI no longer shows raw files names (for now!), instead goes for some kind of a database approach without giving you specifics.
Remember this is just middle of the road progress build.. a 'work in progress' by definition not intended for a broader public. Otherwise a 0.3 release would have happend long time ago. Just a friendly reminder..

So by now I can't tell you exactly which version, region works and which don't. But my best guess is the US 1.0 freezes currently, at least for me with my rom. In earlier releases of DX64 I had more success with EU roms, when it came to sound and FPS, when it was more of an issue.

However it's great to see any new development for DX64. And looking through the recent Github commits notes there went a lot work into the last two commits.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest build removes the 3D feature.
that sucks I hope next couple release 3D put back in

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yea sorry needed to find them in my downloads folder :P (also cant figure out how to use gbatemp no bully pls)
where did you get it from??

Last edited by FanNintendo,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on getting stereoscopic 3d working again. Performance is at a point that it actually makes sense having it.
the box art not showing and i could not do some setting config. am i missing something??

Box cover art. The rom selection screen. Code.
do i have to install the box covers in the folders with roms??

MyJoyConRunsHot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does it hang during the intro? I can’t get into actual gameplay.
Not for me. It does appear to freeze in the first cutscene when Grunty runs out the door but the bgm keep playing until the next scene appears. Just wait a minute or two, it isn't actually frozen. From them on it should take you straight to the gameplay.

Edit:
I'm working on getting stereoscopic 3d working again. Performance is at a point that it actually makes sense having it.

It's great that you're working on that, but could you please prioritize the crashing-every-15-min situation? Particularly in BK?

Last edited by MyJoyConRunsHot,
Reactions: FanNintendo

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
There is a zip file with the covers available on discord.

Not for me. It does appear to freeze in the first cutscene when Grunty runs out the door but the bgm keep playing until the next scene appears. Just wait a minute or two, it isn't actually frozen. From them on it should take you straight to the gameplay.

PAL rom fixed it. Man, if Masterfeizz can squeeze out just a bit more performance this would be really playable. Fingers crossed. All hail Masterfeizz

ohasanov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
where did you get it from??

from MasterFeizz's server

I also wonder this, since i see no boxart. Do i need to turn wifi on? or save the covers on some folder by myself? not that i really care about boxart tbh.. but if the feature is there, why not ask and find out how to put it to use?

i hope that this works
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/707013946674118693/785281152649789490/daedalus_data.zip
(gbatemp appareantly doesnt accept "large" files)

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N64 came in widescreen not 4:3 is that in the new update at first it was in 4:3 then I dont know i was messing with the settings then got to widescreen some of game crashed

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N64 came in widescreen not 4:3 is that in the new update at first it was in 4:3 then I dont know i was messing with the settings then got to widescreen some of game crashed
Yeah, seems like the new update goes back to forcing a stretched aspect ratio. Can't find the option to change it back, either. Here's to hoping the next update includes a 4:3 option.

Kitsune_sempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all of the rom works great, amazing!
One thing of note, I tried loading a majora's mask (.z64 and .n64) loaded with the redux patch (which makes it a .z64, if that matters)
Romhacking.net - Hacks - Majora's Mask Redux

But the 3ds just freeze, 0 fps, no touch screen, I have to force shut it down by holding the power button
anyone got any ideas? I know almost nothing of n64 emulation so i'd like a second opinion

thank you for your time

Reactions: SLiV3R

Kitsune_sempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
afaik .z64 roms dont work as well as the .n64 roms in this emulator. Sometimes for games that work flawlessly in .n64 just crash in .z64
oddly enough the majoras mask .z64 rom works.

and I tried the patched rom on retroarch as well (just to make sure it's loading) and it loads fine
very weird...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1