OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SFenton said:
It'll export a chart that we convert to a .midi. Are you still needing MoP?
No thanks, I've got it
tongue.gif

Fun Fact: when opening the .chart file for Master of Puppets in FeedBack, no chart appears. Bar lines appear though, the songs beat is 2500 beats per minute
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
Billion Bar lines come at you at once.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mrkinator said:
To-do List:
(X) Unpacking
(X) Audio (using Mogg files)
(X) Charts (partially work, RB1 midis work but not customs)
(X) Editing Song Info (title, artist, etc.)
(X) Packing (BIN files)
(Close, still working on bugs) Installer (Wii Side)
( ? ) Installer (PC app)
(X) Exporter (testing once Installer Wii Side is done)

Great job!

But for the charts, did you notice that RB1 had both talky and screamy parts? screamy parts are considered as the higher possible note for the singer to sing... You might want to find a way to convert these...
check out Are You Gonna Be My Girl from Jet once exported the very first word is supposed to be shouted.

And will your tool work with PAL version of the game (exporting Pleymo would be great)?

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Heathcliff said:
Mrkinator said:
To-do List:
(X) Unpacking
(X) Audio (using Mogg files)
(X) Charts (partially work, RB1 midis work but not customs)
(X) Editing Song Info (title, artist, etc.)
(X) Packing (BIN files)
(Close, still working on bugs) Installer (Wii Side)
( ? ) Installer (PC app)
(X) Exporter (testing once Installer Wii Side is done)

Great job!

But for the charts, did you notice that RB1 had both talky and screamy parts? screamy parts are considered as the higher possible note for the singer to sing... You might want to find a way to convert these...
check out Are You Gonna Be My Girl from Jet once exported the very first word is supposed to be shouted.

I'll check later. My guess is that it just becomes a talky, though I don't play vocals enough to really know. What happens when it's exported to RB2 on the other consoles?

QUOTE(Heathcliff @ May 31 2009, 01:47 PM)
And will your tool work with PAL version of the game (exporting Pleymo would be great)?
Yup.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
AerialX said:
Heathcliff said:
Yup.

Woaw that's great! Too bad I cannot play Pleymo, Les Wampas or Die Toten Hosen for now as ARK Tool can't read the ARK from RB1 PAL :'(
Though I understand you have to take your time so the tools you are about to give us are flawless I can't wait for a release date to be announced! You guys are just awesome!

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Heathcliff said:
Great job!

:wtf: Screemy parts? Never heard of those...I mean there are some really high parts in songs, but I'm sure that's in RB. That's just pitch/octave related I think.

New video in the first post. Nothing huge, it just shows the save file and animation I did.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to play the custom DLC, do we need a custom version of Rock Band 2 or does a retail original work?

Have you gotten SDHC cards to work yet?

What programming language are you using?

You guys ROCK.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Mrk:
They look like normal talky parts but they appear as singed parts once exported to RB2 and I believe you have to sing them quite loud in RB1 to get the points.
Look at Sabotage by Beasty Boys. It's supposed to be all talky/non-pitched parts. Though, in RB2 some words/phrases appears pitched and they are followed by a "*".
Replacing the "*" in the lyrics at the end of those screamy parts with a "#" should turn them into talky parts...

I hope this helps!

ShadowChaos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
Heathcliff said:
Great job!

:wtf: Screemy parts? Never heard of those...I mean there are some really high parts in songs, but I'm sure that's in RB. That's just pitch/octave related I think.

New video in the first post. Nothing huge, it just shows the save file and animation I did.

i think he means talkies, where u just have to enunciate, there is no green line for pitch, much like the entirety of visions

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Alexrose said:
Also, will we need NTSC versions of Rock Band 1? Mine is PAL, will I still be able to export?
As I just told Heathcliff, the PAL version works fine.

QUOTE(Heathcliff @ May 31 2009, 04:43 PM) @Mrk:
They look like normal talky parts but they appear as singed parts once exported to RB2 and I believe you have to sing them quite loud in RB1 to get the points.
Look at Sabotage by Beasty Boys. It's supposed to be all talky/non-pitched parts. Though, in RB2 some words/phrases appears pitched and they are followed by a "*".
Replacing the "*" in the lyrics at the end of those screamy parts with a "#" should turn them into talky parts...

I hope this helps!
Yeah, I just saw that when I played Are You Gonna Be My Girl vox in RB2 Wii. You say that it does pitch them when exported to RB2 on the PS3/360 though? In that case maybe we want to keep them like that for compatibility's sake, though I personally don't care if we "fix" them.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heathcliff said:
@Mrk:

I hope this helps!

Not to try to get off topic, but could this be why I am having such trouble getting 100% on expert in RB1 on the Vocals in some songs?

I have no problem with the same song in RB2, but in RB1 I can't get 100%.

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW !!!

Awezome guys!

I hope you can release soon for enjoy like u already do
rolleyes.gif

Any trouble with the songs? how many time take the exporter? is this only work with RB1 or work too with track pack?

unsure.gif

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
AerialX said:
RB1 exporter works.
Installer into custom (and additional; doesn't conflict with existing songs) DLC slot works.
Quickplay works.
biggrin.gif

fuckyearg.jpg

Is the [RB1] tag automatically added by the exporter? I don't really like it...

Other than that, this looks like great work! Keep it up!

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Heathcliff said:

It's optional, they don't have to be tagged at all if you don't want them to be.
(Though there's no way to really group them otherwise)

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
AerialX said:
Heathcliff said:

It's optional, they don't have to be tagged at all if you don't want them to be.
(Though there's no way to really group them otherwise)

In the songs.dta/in the savefile, replace the "^^^" for the pack with "RB1"... Sounds good?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That doesn't do anything.
I think AerialX is talking about how the songs are arranged in the song selection list. If you sort by location there are 2 categories: Download and Disc (or something similar). If the RB1 songs are all tagged the same they will show up in a big clump rather than being scattered throughout the other DLC tracks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on having to wash them. :D