A Guide for Guitar Hero 3 custom songs on Wii

Hi there. I'm new to this forum, and I wanted to share a guide on how to modify your copy of GH3\GHA Wii to add custom songs.
Basically, we're going to remove the in-game songs and replace it with the custom ones.
DISCLAIMER: THIS GUIDE IS MEANT ONLY FOR PLAYING THE GAME ON REAL HARDWARE, IF YOU WANT TO PLAY CUSTOM SONGS ON PC USE CLONE HERO. I ALSO DIDN'T WRITE THIS GUIDE, I RECOVERED IT, SO I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR SYSTEM.
The songs may not work, however I tried playing a few songs from my Wii and they worked fine. Songs can also be buggy, but i tried myself and I didn't encounter any errors.
Most of the tutorials on the internet are outdated with many dead links, so i'll try to quickly explain this and give yall the new links.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What you'll need
-TheGHOST
-GH3\GHA .iso file
-XP Codec Pack
-SD card\USB
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting your songs
There's something that I need to say before we start. The OG guide says that you can get the songs from the Frets On Fire Wiki, but I tried downloading some songs from Chorus (Clone Hero repo) and only one worked.
Note: to download songs from Frets On Fire you need an account.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Verify TheGHOST Files
After you unzipped TheGHOST.rar, you should have 4 folders: discs, temp, tool and songs. In the "tool" folder you should have TheGHOST.exe, WiiIsoTool.exe, TheGHOSTAudioTool.exe and a bunch of other files. In this guide we'll be using only temp, discs and tool.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verify Codecs
Now go on TheGHOST>tool>TheGHOSTAudioTool.exe and run it. Now click install WavDest Filter, and Install XBADPCM codec (its a precaution in case the codecs don't work) now click Begin Tests!. You should hear a short guitar solo. Then click yes and then other sounds will play. If the pc says if you want to use ffdshow, say yes, always. If you don't hear any noises or only the guitar solo, write in the comments for help.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prep iso
Put the iso in the discs folder and run WiiIsoTool. Drag the iso to the "iso" field and the "temp" folder to the "working folder" field. Now select your game (In this case GH3 Wii) and go in the drop-down menu and select Compact Iso, then click set. You can also modify other settings if you know what you are doing. Then hit "Prep iso". After it finishes loading, the iso in the"discs" folder should be prepped.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using TheGHOST
Open TheGHOST.exe and create a new project. Set the working folder to "temp" and the iso to the one you prepped before. For source plugins select Wii Scrubber, for Audio Import Plugin select FFMpeg Plugin and for Audio export plugin select XBADPCM Plugin, then hit next
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replacing songs
Now you should have a screen with Game modifications, but i suggest to skip that and click next.
Now you should have a screen with all the in-disc songs. Select the ones you want to replace and click next.
Now you'll have a window with the title and details to the songs you want to replace and under that there's a "song file" icon, a "guitar file" icon, a "rythm file" icon and a "smart mode" icon. Just take the frets on fire\chorus song that you downloaded and drag it to the "smart mode" icon.
Now a screen to replace notes and difficulties should appear, just click "smart map" and then next
Note: you can also align notes by pressing wiew, but most of the songs are already mapped.
Repeat this process for all the songs you want to replace.
Now that you replaced the songs, a new window should appear, just click start and wait for it to finish.
Congrats! Now your iso of GH3 is modified!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OG Notes
Some songs are not charted like the original ones, however i imported the frets on fire songs replacing the notes.mid\chart file and they worked aswell

Reactions: GoldenBullet

guyzuntz

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hey man hope you doing good. I finished all steps but on last step after clicking start im waiting for hours on "creating guitar hero audio for..." and inifinite loading.
Post automatically merged:

Hi there. I'm new to this forum, and I wanted to share a guide on how to modify your copy of GH3\GHA Wii to add custom songs.
Basically, we're going to remove the in-game songs and replace it with the custom ones.
DISCLAIMER: THIS GUIDE IS MEANT ONLY FOR PLAYING THE GAME ON REAL HARDWARE, IF YOU WANT TO PLAY CUSTOM SONGS ON PC USE CLONE HERO. I ALSO DIDN'T WRITE THIS GUIDE, I RECOVERED IT, SO I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR SYSTEM.
The songs may not work, however I tried playing a few songs from my Wii and they worked fine. Songs can also be buggy, but i tried myself and I didn't encounter any errors.
Most of the tutorials on the internet are outdated with many dead links, so i'll try to quickly explain this and give yall the new links.
What you'll need
-TheGHOST
-GH3\GHA .iso file
-XP Codec Pack
-SD card\USB
Getting your songs
There's something that I need to say before we start. The OG guide says that you can get the songs from the Frets On Fire Wiki, but I tried downloading some songs from Chorus (Clone Hero repo) and only one worked.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Verify TheGHOST Files
After you unzipped TheGHOST.rar, you should have 4 folders: discs, temp, tool and songs. In the "tool" folder you should have TheGHOST.exe, WiiIsoTool.exe, TheGHOSTAudioTool.exe and a bunch of other files. In this guide we'll be using only temp, discs and tool.

Verify Codecs
Now go on TheGHOST>tool>TheGHOSTAudioTool.exe and run it. Now click install WavDest Filter, and Install XBADPCM codec (its a precaution in case the codecs don't work) now click Begin Tests!. You should hear a short guitar solo. Then click yes and then other sounds will play. If the pc says if you want to use ffdshow, say yes, always. If you don't hear any noises or only the guitar solo, write in the comments for help.

Prep iso
Put the iso in the discs folder and run WiiIsoTool. Drag the iso to the "iso" field and the "temp" folder to the "working folder" field. Now select your game (In this case GH3 Wii) and go in the drop-down menu and select Compact Iso, then click set. You can also modify other settings if you know what you are doing. Then hit "Prep iso". After it finishes loading, the iso in the"discs" folder should be prepped.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using TheGHOST
Open TheGHOST.exe and create a new project. Set the working folder to "temp" and the iso to the one you prepped before. For source plugins select Wii Scrubber, for Audio Import Plugin select FFMpeg Plugin and for Audio export plugin select XBADPCM Plugin, then hit next
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replacing songs
Now you should have a screen with Game modifications, but i suggest to skip that and click next.
Now you should have a screen with all the in-disc songs. Select the ones you want to replace and click next.
Now you'll have a window with the title and details to the songs you want to replace and under that there's a "song file" icon, a "guitar file" icon, a "rythm file" icon and a "smart mode" icon. Just take the frets on fire\chorus song that you downloaded and drag it to the "smart mode" icon.
Now a screen to replace notes and difficulties should appear, just click "smart map" and then next
Note: you can also align notes by pressing wiew, but most of the songs are already mapped.
Now that you replaced the songs, a new window should appear, just click start and wait for it to finish.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OG Notes
Some songs are not charted like the original ones, however i imported the frets on fire songs replacing the notes.mid\chart file and they worked aswell
Hey man hope you doing good. I finished all steps but on last step after clicking start im waiting for hours on "creating guitar hero audio for..." and inifinite loading.
do you know how to fix that infinite loading screen after start? cannot finish it

What you'll need
-TheGHOST
-GH3\GHA .iso file
-XP Codec Pack
-SD card\USB
Getting your songs
Verify TheGHOST Files

Verify Codecs

Prep iso
Using TheGHOST

Replacing songs

OG Notes
Update xbadpcm didnt work for me the other one did. hope its gonna be fine.

Last edited by guyzuntz,

MetalPython7375

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I keep getting an error message when trying to prep the iso:
TheGHOST :: Wii ISO Tool - v0.16 / v0.47
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'WiiScrubber.dll': The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
at Nanook.TheGhost.MainForm.FileExists(String isoFileName, String findFileName, Int32 partNo, Boolean caseSensitive)
at Nanook.TheGhost.MainForm.findMainPartition()
at Nanook.TheGhost.MainForm.btnPrepIso_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I keep getting an error message when trying to prep the iso:
TheGHOST :: Wii ISO Tool - v0.16 / v0.47
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'WiiScrubber.dll': The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
at Nanook.TheGhost.MainForm.FileExists(String isoFileName, String findFileName, Int32 partNo, Boolean caseSensitive)
at Nanook.TheGhost.MainForm.findMainPartition()
at Nanook.TheGhost.MainForm.btnPrepIso_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
i have fixed the issue by downloading visual c runtimes

Last edited by MetalPython7375,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto