zanmou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I've been desperately trying to figure out how you can get all 699 songs imported into Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. More specifically, I'm trying to start by importing World Tour's DLC to Warriors of Rock.

I've managed to follow all steps on some guide I found, which walks you through how to use wad2bin, make the wad file, and install it onto your wii with a wad manager. I'm using USB loader GX, so I didn't touch any of my IOS stuff for the disc. However, I always seem to get error -1022 when I install the wad. I am using the wads from the MarioCube repository so I don't think they are bad wads.
I read from one thread that the error message is normal, and the guide I read also does specifically include that you should ignore the error messages, but the DLCs never show up. In case I'm missing any steps, here are the steps I am taking:
I plug my key and cert into wad2bin, put the wad into wad2bin, then it drops the wad right into my SD card, so I just have to put it into the wads folder. Then I go to start up my Wii U, I go to a wad manager, and I first uninstall the wad and then i try to install it afterwards (people have said this helps the process for some reason). This is when I get the error.

Am I missing any extra steps because I am on vWii or using a usb loader? One possible theory I have is the title ID that i'm putting into wad2bin. I'm always putting the title ID of Warriors of Rock into wad2bin, but maybe i need to put World Tour's instead? But that is unlikely, I'm pretty sure you're suppsoed to put Warriors of Rock's in there. I've tried using both World Tour DLC and World Tour Import DLC listed on the MarioCube depository but still no luck.

I also saw somewhere that the solution is that I need to boot the shop channel with internet connected in order to gain some "shop files" to get them to work. At the bottom of this thread someone mentions an adapter needed for the vWii as well, am I going to have to jump through all these hoops?

Thank you!

zanmou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think your issue is you're trying to install DLC for World Tour to Warriors of Rock. DLC for one game is not transferable to other games. I mean why not try importing just dance DLC while you're at it, lol :P
How are people getting all 699 songs across all previous titles on WoR then? I've seen multiple reports that you can import the songs from other games over, and that number keeps popping up.
edit: go to the warriors of rock wikipedia and scroll down to importable content, it says it there

Last edited by zanmou,

SaintUkraine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think your issue is you're trying to install DLC for World Tour to Warriors of Rock. DLC for one game is not transferable to other games. I mean why not try importing just dance DLC while you're at it, lol :P
The Guitar Hero DLC is compatible with each game. I bought DLC on Band Hero and it worked on GH5 and Warriors of Rock. In my Wii's game data, it appears as World Tour DLC, and I don't even own that game.
Besides, it's an issue with installing the wad. I have the same problem and have not yet found a solution; at least not one that has worked for me.
Post automatically merged:

Hi,

I've been desperately trying to figure out how you can get all 699 songs imported into Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. More specifically, I'm trying to start by importing World Tour's DLC to Warriors of Rock.

I've managed to follow all steps on some guide I found, which walks you through how to use wad2bin, make the wad file, and install it onto your wii with a wad manager. I'm using USB loader GX, so I didn't touch any of my IOS stuff for the disc. However, I always seem to get error -1022 when I install the wad. I am using the wads from the MarioCube repository so I don't think they are bad wads.
I read from one thread that the error message is normal, and the guide I read also does specifically include that you should ignore the error messages, but the DLCs never show up. In case I'm missing any steps, here are the steps I am taking:
I plug my key and cert into wad2bin, put the wad into wad2bin, then it drops the wad right into my SD card, so I just have to put it into the wads folder. Then I go to start up my Wii U, I go to a wad manager, and I first uninstall the wad and then i try to install it afterwards (people have said this helps the process for some reason). This is when I get the error.

Am I missing any extra steps because I am on vWii or using a usb loader? One possible theory I have is the title ID that i'm putting into wad2bin. I'm always putting the title ID of Warriors of Rock into wad2bin, but maybe i need to put World Tour's instead? But that is unlikely, I'm pretty sure you're suppsoed to put Warriors of Rock's in there. I've tried using both World Tour DLC and World Tour Import DLC listed on the MarioCube depository but still no luck.

I also saw somewhere that the solution is that I need to boot the shop channel with internet connected in order to gain some "shop files" to get them to work. At the bottom of this thread someone mentions an adapter needed for the vWii as well, am I going to have to jump through all these hoops?

Thank you!
I believe you have done everything correct; however, if you're loading the game through a USB loader, you need to follow the steps here wii.guide/cios. I had a similar issue where the dlc would not show up unless I was using a disc, and I suppose this is why. The Wii needs these ios to be able to read the files properly. As for the error code, it is normal; even if you see that error code, the dlc should still be installed.

Last edited by SaintUkraine,

zanmou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Guitar Hero DLC is compatible with each game. I bought DLC on Band Hero and it worked on GH5 and Warriors of Rock. In my Wii's game data, it appears as World Tour DLC, and I don't even own that game.
Besides, it's an issue with installing the wad. I have the same problem and have not yet found a solution; at least not one that has worked for me.
Post automatically merged:

I believe you have done everything correct; however, if you're loading the game through a USB loader, you need to follow the steps here wii.guide/cios. I had a similar issue where the dlc would not show up unless I was using a disc, and I suppose this is why. The Wii needs these ios to be able to read the files properly. As for the error code, it is normal; even if you see that error code, the dlc should still be installed.
Hi , just seeing this now. I knew I wasn't tripping haha. What a snarky response from that guy! He didn't even know what he was talking about. I ended up just deciding to play Clone Hero, it's much better. However, it's good to know that if I get a physical copy the issue will be solved.
Thanks man! Appreciate your response!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto