tusmavan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello

So my switch crashed 2 days ago and normally that wouldn't be an issue. But it seems pegaswitch/pegascape has quit. And the website used to launch caffeine on an patched switch running on 4.1.0 has stopped.

I tried to look into self hosting. After a few hours of trial and error I got to the pegaswitch page on my switch through self hosting, except after selecting caffeine it loads continuesly unless I close it(wich results in a white screen)

Does anyone have any tips? Or even better if there's an alternative to pegascape hosted elsewhere?

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: xradeon

xradeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Finally was able to succeed by self hosting.. The trick was using node v9.11.2 (npm v5.6.0) to execute the npm install command.

Reactions: Escaflowne

tusmavan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Finally was able to succeed by self hosting.. The trick was using node v9.11.2 (npm v5.6.0) to execute the npm install command.
Could you maybe give a step by step guide on how you pulled it off? i changed my node from 8.0.0 to 9.11.2 with the same result
Post automatically merged:

i tried running pegascape with
  • node start.js --webapplet --disable-dns
  • node start.js --webapplet --host <pc local ip adress>
  • node start.js --webapplet --host <pc local ip adress> --ip<switch local ip adress>
and on the switch i configured my internet connection like this:
IP adress settings manual
ip adress <chose fitting adress>
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
gateway <router ip>

DNS manual
primary 163.172.181.170
secondary 163.172.141.219

Proxy on
server <local pc ip>
port 80
authentication off

im also using node 9.11.2 now and python 2.7

Last edited by tusmavan,

newave00

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello guys, I am in the same situation as you, but everything seems very difficult and complicated for a normal user. Could you explain in detail step by step how to proceed to achieve this without missing any steps? It is very difficult. I am about to put a chip in the switch, and it would be a shame if there is still an alternative method. I have installed the two programs and cloned the repo but I don't know how to proceed. It seems that the developers have panicked and are truly terrified of the security measures.

Icono de Validado por la comunidad

Last edited by newave00,

tusmavan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello guys, I am in the same situation as you, but everything seems very difficult and complicated for a normal user. Could you explain in detail step by step how to proceed to achieve this without missing any steps? It is very difficult. I am about to put a chip in the switch, and it would be a shame if there is still an alternative method. I have installed the two programs and cloned the repo but I don't know how to proceed. It seems that the developers have panicked and are truly terrified of the security measures. the damn nintendo

View attachment 424351
i have tried all kinds of stuff today for the past 10 hours. but i just keep getting the same result. no errors. pegascape keeps loading after selecting caffeine. and if i close it i get a white screen.

rumpl9t5l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to self host Pegascape for two days now. I'm using a pi400 with latest pi os.
  1. Installed NodeJS and NPM.
  2. Cloned the repo.
  3. cd in the cloned directory.
  4. Ran npm install.
  5. Ran sudo node start.js
And than I get
shpegascape.png

I have no idea what to do with the TypeError. Also what IPs are used on the NSwitch after the hosting works?
The ones displayed or the original Pegascape (Webapplet: 163.172.181.170 or Wifi Authentication Prompt: 51.15.245.41).

Help would be much appreciated.

Meltou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, i followed your advices (thanks btw!) and the ones from another thread from 2022 and i got the same result as you, everything works until i click caffeine and it loads endlessly :(
did you find a solution?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I believe they have patched unit with firmware 4.1.0 or below.
you are completely right!

A modchip is an good alternative

launch caffeine on an patched switch running on 4.1.0 has stopped.
Damn I was unable to follow my own advises: RTFM

Hello there boys, in order to try to get my foot out of my mouth I did test to build and run PegaScape self hosted.

Tried on Windows Using MSYS but no avail because NPM INSTALL for PegaScape Repo is not supported on Win32:
1710125713347.png

works on ANY OS but win32 !!

Then used my Ubuntu Virtual Machine, open a Terminal window and run the commands:

you need Python 2 on the system, so installed python2 and created an alias to python

Bash:
sudo apt install python
alias python=/usr/bin/python2

Using the recommendation of @xradeon , installed the node and npm, 9.11.2 & 5.6.0 versions respectively (https://gbatemp.net/threads/pegascape-alternative.650182/post-10372685)

For that, I did use the instructions on https://stackoverflow.com/questions...l-a-specific-version-of-node-on-ubuntu-debian (Answer 56)
Bash:
cd ~
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/creationix/nvm/master/install.sh | bash
source ~/.nvm/nvm.sh
nvm install 9.11.2
node --version
npm --version

As instructed by the README.MD on the original repo: https://github.com/noahc3/PegaScape#self-hosting
after install NodeJS & NPM, executed the next commands:

Bash:
cd ~
git clone https://www.github.com/noahc3/PegaScape
cd ~/PegaScape/
npm install

on my system systemd-resolved was running so I had to stop it to be able to run integrated DNS
Bash:
sudo systemctl stop systemd-resolved

Also for some strange reason sudo node give me the "command not found" error

1710126309778.png

so I did execute it with full path:
Bash:
sudo /home/impeeza/.nvm/versions/node/v9.11.2/bin/node start.js --webapplet

Now the PegaScape server is running self hosted

1710126424246.png

My 4.1.0 console is in other house just now (it's a unpatched one but the SysNAND is 4.1.0 and I had a EmuMMC updated) so can not test just now but should work fine.

Last edited by impeeza,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My 4.1.0 console is in other house just now (it's a unpatched one but the SysNAND is 4.1.0 and I had a EmuMMC updated) so can not test just now but should work fine.
I admire all the efforts and time you took to help those very few users who have a patched Switch and were using Pegascape. Sure, they could install a modchip, but to me, it's so much cooler to use that exploit. I hope they are grateful for what you did for them. You should post this message in the tutorial section too.

• Love
Reactions: Tokiwa and impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I admire all the efforts and time you took to help those very few users who have a patched Switch and were using Pegascape. Sure, they could install a modchip, but to me, it's so much cooler to use that exploit. I hope they are grateful for what you did for them. You should post this message in the tutorial section too.
Once I get confirmation about somebody able to run self hosted PegaScape using this instructions and after I learn why the sudo node command give me the command not found error, sure I will, thanks a lot for the appreciation.

Reactions: Dust2dust

rumpl9t5l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Once I get confirmation about somebody able to run self hosted PegaScape using this instructions and after I learn why the sudo node command give me the command not found error, sure I will, thanks a lot for the appreciation.
1. To fix the sudo node command not found error you have to install nodejs.
Bash:
Code:
sudo apt install nodejs

2. I have got it running and got through caffeine. I used a fresh image of ubuntu 22.04. on a pi400. Then as impeeza instructed plus I used
Bash:
Code:
sudo apt install python2
sudo apt install nodejs
sudo apt install git
sudo apt install curl
and I left out --webapplet since that one is for fake news and might cause the problem with caffeine.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

tusmavan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bash:
Code:
sudo apt install nodejs

2. I have got it running and got through caffeine. I used a fresh image of ubuntu 22.04. on a pi400. Then as impeeza instructed plus I used
Bash:
Code:
sudo apt install python2
sudo apt install nodejs
sudo apt install git
sudo apt install curl
and I left out --webapplet since that one is for fake news and might cause the problem with caffeine.
thank you and also thank you impeeza. ill will try it out with a spare pi i have somewhere and let you know.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Bash:
Code:
sudo apt install nodejs
Thanks I thinked the:

Bash:
Code:
cd ~
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/creationix/nvm/master/install.sh | bash
source ~/.nvm/nvm.sh
nvm install 9.11.2
node --version
npm --version

Code take car of that, but could be the problem, will try that set of commands using sudo

Bash:
Code:
sudo apt install python2
sudo apt install nodejs
sudo apt install git
sudo apt install curl

So, worked for you?

Francesca

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
This all sounds impossible for me to understand. Would it be that troublesome for somebody else to host PegaScape / Caffeine for the rest of us? I haven't the slightest idea how to repeat the intricate processes posted in this thread.

• Wow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto