CharlieBrownBR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just to give some context:

I have installed DLC songs from the Repository, following the instructions there - I have the big WADs, but as I'm still just trying, I'm only using some split WADs. With a lot of patience, I came from zero to getting Rock Band(s) to work, and now also GH5. I haven't tried GH:WOR DLCs yet, but it doesn't feel (for while) I'll have a problem.

GH:WT DLCs are my headache, unfortunately, as it's also my fav.

I'm only asking this because I am still not able to make my Guitar Hero World Tour read any DLC. Depending on the IOS I use, it gives me "SD-Card corrupted" or "Device inserted cannot be used". My SD Card is a 8GB one, and I might try, soon, to use a real 2GB one, to eliminate what I feel is the last possible theoretical impediment.

Had new hopes when I checked that GH5 and GH:WOR recognized the GH:WT DLCs! Great! But... when I try to play any of the GH:WT DLC songs, I get a message about needing a "GHWT Addon Content Update". :(
(I'll confirm the string shown on screen, but almost sure that's the message both on GH5 and GHWOR)

Am I out of luck about that (as Music Store is no more, of course), or have any of you folks managed to use those GHWT DLCs on posterior GHs?

I didn't find much about this addon here on the forums but saw that there were v1 and v2. Are these installable?

Last edited by CharlieBrownBR,

CharlieBrownBR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I feel quite stupid to reply my own post, but for the sake of sharing partial success...

• Inside GHWT, I simply cannot play. Maybe it's just my SD Card (still will try to purchase some old SD Cards to try them), but there's no way for me so far.
  • However, I could play SOME (and this is just it - some) songs under GH WOR. Both GH WOR and GH5 recognizes the songs on my SD Card AFTER:
    • Installed GHWT DLC not using the --nullkey option. Used GHWOR ID as its parent.
    • Installing all (not sure) content from GHWT Import Big WAD (these work gracefully), also used GHWOR ID as parent.
    • Using GH-DLC Downloader (you can find jtp10181-ghrb-tools on Archive org), on GHWT DLC application, there's a button to generate a WAD for real NANDs. Installed it, instead of wad2bin generated one. Note that I didn't use GH-DLC to download, decode or so, just for the WAD - but I'll still try to check its results.
  • Some of the songs will keep on generating the same Add-On error, however I have managed to play about 50% of the GHWT DLCs - of the few I've assessed so far, of course. Of those unplayable, some will be greyed out, some will be available, but will give you the error as soon as you try to play them.
I hope this is not a random happening for me, however I achieved the same results both on my Wii and on an EmuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto