Hacking Random11's Credit Card Sized amiibo cards

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Page>Copy ... source page doesnt matter, input how many pages you want to add. They only down side to doing it in one big pdf is if you have messed something up, or the printer settings aren't right if you print a ton at once its just going to cost you more money if there is something wrong. But as long as you are sure everything is good one single pdf is fine.
okay thanks for the advice, ill porb just stick with 4 cards per pdf (front/back), don't wanna mess things up in the long run.

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys sorry about double post, i tired printing the cards on sticky photo paper and they came out good, downside is I kept messing them up when it came time to cut it out and paste it on the pvc,

decided to get this printer https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AVWKUJS and this tray https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P25H0BA

but their website keeps turning my templates black/white, i saw that someone had posted that they also used this method to print on the cards directly, so I was wondering if you could help me out with a template.

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:D
Also, are you using the Inkjet printable cards or just the regular PVC cards. I got a bunch of regular ones and from what I can find they wont allow the ink to stick.
I have the regular NFC PVC cards, and I just Ordered some of these, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072FK4RZD waiting for my printer to come tho, it got delay. it turns out the images are in cmyk and need to be converted to rgb in order for me to use the tool on braincardid to make the printable template.

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:D
Also, are you using the Inkjet printable cards or just the regular PVC cards. I got a bunch of regular ones and from what I can find they wont allow the ink to stick.
first take with the cards from china the ink didnt take,

nfgM6lM.jpg

these cards https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072FK4RZD came out like this,
65hMMJw.jpg

can't fix the white lines, dont really care anymore, also the tray sucks ass... wish their was a better option, it doesn't hold the card correctly and i have to keep putting it in the printer several times to get it to print

Last edited by ninjistix,

Josh006

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey @Random11 I love your work! It looks amazing and its great! Thanks for sharing it! We made it with my siblings and we are enjoying them a lot.
WhatsApp Image 2018-04-08 at 7.41.33 PM.jpeg

I know it's a lot of work... but there is a chance you could make this ones (or some of them) with bleed as well?
iFLKBzB.png zEo33Lm.png 11 Kirby.png SeOXxOz.png UKGIDWS.png 26 SONIC.png JS7jrEN.png 35 Pac Man.png ncZGdPU.png LxDIKoH.png 80uVEcv.png SSB-KIRBY.png
These are from @CompC too.. If you can make them, at least megaman and kirby that are my little brothers favourites it would be amazing... and if not, thanks anyways, we will enjoy what we already have!

Thanks again for sharing your work :D

Last edited by Josh006,

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @Random11 I love your work! It looks amazing and its great! Thanks for sharing it! We made it with my siblings and we are enjoying them a lot.View attachment 120023

I know it's a lot of work... but there is a chance you could make this ones (or some of them) with bleed as well?
View attachment 120025 View attachment 120026 View attachment 120027 View attachment 120028 View attachment 120029 View attachment 120030 View attachment 120031 View attachment 120032 View attachment 120033 View attachment 120034 View attachment 120035 View attachment 120036
These are from @CompC too.. If you can make them, at least megaman and kirby that are my little brothers favourites it would be amazing... and if not, thanks anyways, we will enjoy what we already have!

did you print directly to the cards or print to paper then cut/paste?

Josh006

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
did you print directly to the cards or print to paper then cut/paste?
I printed them in a sticker-like paper... then i folded the paper in the bleed lines to mark where the card goes, stick one side, cut the rest and then the same on the other side. the only issue i had was some little air bubbles that sometimes get stucked in the middle... but it only bothers if you look the cards closely...

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I printed them in a sticker-like paper... then i folded the paper in the bleed lines to mark where the card goes, stick one side, cut the rest and then the same on the other side. the only issue i had was some little air bubbles that sometimes get stucked in the middle... but it only bothers if you look the cards closely...
a few of mines ended up with white corners, i prob need to change the artwork, but i think its the stupid tray, i can't be bothered anymore anyways lol.

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
first take with the cards from china the ink didnt take,

nfgM6lM.jpg

these cards https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072FK4RZD came out like this,
65hMMJw.jpg

can't fix the white lines, dont really care anymore, also the tray sucks ass... wish their was a better option, it doesn't hold the card correctly and i have to keep putting it in the printer several times to get it to print

The Second batch looks nice even with the white lines.
Glad to know the non printable cards don't work.

Tere Valentin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to this idea but I love it and would love to collect and make my own. After getting a pack of blank CCs with Tags in them, what's the best place to go and print sticker versions of the character arts? Sadly I do not own a printer atm.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey @Random11 I love your work! It looks amazing and its great! Thanks for sharing it! We made it with my siblings and we are enjoying them a lot.View attachment 120023

slowly... I will work on smash... Im less likely to do the super mario ones though. There isnt high resolution artwork out there for all the amiibo in the set. Maybe at some point but not right now.

Josh006

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
slowly... I will work on smash... Im less likely to do the super mario ones though. There isnt high resolution artwork out there for all the amiibo in the set. Maybe at some point but not right now.
It's ok! i know it will take time... I just asked to know if you could.. but take your time if you will... thanks anyways for what you are doing :)

Annxeri

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi @Random11! Love your Splatoon 2 Amiibo Cards! I was wondering if you could send me the template? I'm planning to create all 11 cards. Thank you so much!

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
I need art for 28mm circular NFC tags but have no idea where to start when it comes to arty stuff. I can't even figure out how to get a pic and size it correctly, never mind look good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum