Random11's Credit Card Sized amiibo cards

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Random11, Mar 28, 2017.

1. littleoz2

littleoz2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Sounds good, thank you for all the help! Love your designs as well!

I shall post on here how it goes, thank you again!

2. t_jay17

t_jay17 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2009
    United States
    Would anyone happen to have a photoshop template for using a Canon m tray to print the amiibo cards?

3. littleoz2

littleoz2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Just found out my work has a Dye Sublimation printer I can use!!
    Is it still advised to keep the bleed area for these printers? or could I print the entire image?
    Thank you for the amazing designs!

4. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    I have never used that kind of printer so I don’t know what the appropriate answer is. But some things to consider:

If you are going to use that printer to print directly on the cards, then whether or not you should use a bleed would depend on if the printer would get messed up if it tried printing in an area where there is no card (ie the bleed area)

You could set up a jimmy for the card, that way the ink that would print in the bleed sections would get printed on that instead of getting printed in mid air. But the printer may be smart enough to know where the card is, or it might just not be an issue at all.

I also made the images to have pretty big bleeds. Which you don’t need. 1mm-2mm should be good enough. I say this because the printer may have size constraints for bleeds. So you may want to look into that.

Basically if your printer supports it, yes you would still want the bleed. Otherwise when it’s printing any slight miss alignment between the card and the printer head could leave some edges remaining unprinted (ie showing the white card underneath). Unless you don’t care about that.

If you are using that printer to print onto vinyl. Definitely yes, keep the bleed.