Random11's Credit Card Sized amiibo cards

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Random11, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    Do not sell these. For personal use only!
    I'm not playing, if I catch you selling these on ebay or etsy I will report you. These images contain trademarked material owned by nintendo and it is illegal to sell these, especially if you are selling them with pirated amiibo. These are unofficial and are only meant for personal use.

I made these for myself, figured I would share. Posting them in a separate thread for clarity. These are sized for the PVC cards. (credit card size - 85.5mm x 54mm). The files are 300 dpi with a 5mm bleed on each side.

For my playing card sized versions see this post

Breath of the Wild Amiibo Cards
    Zelda 30th Anniversary Amiibo Cards
    Zelda Generic Branding Cards
    Twilight Princess Amiibo Cards
    Smash Series Amiibo Cards
    Splatoon
    Box Boy
    Extra Cards

Last edited by Random11, Jul 29, 2017
    Anunakin, dj_skual, lordelan and 13 others like this.

2. Kappcy

Kappcy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2015
    United States
    Do you happen to have a link to the PVC cards you used?

3. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    Last edited by Random11, Apr 11, 2017
    Kappcy likes this.
  4. zeds_fed

zeds_fed Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2017
    Canada
    I printed your playing card sized cards. Thanks for your efforts.

5. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    You're welcome.

|

Last edited by Random11, Apr 11, 2017
    linkdead13 likes this.
  6. xtreemsurf

xtreemsurf GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Wow! These are great!! I wish I came across these earlier. I already have a full set of PVC Ntag15s...I used the full size cards/images and just shrunk them down in Word to fit the PVC cards I have. If I make another set, I'll definitely use these...

7. AnalogMan

AnalogMan sumoCheatMenu Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Mind sharing the method you're using to make these? I should be getting my cards soon and would like to prepare by making more Amiibo then what are here such as the rest of the SSB series.

8. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    How did you apply it on the cards?

9. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Yummy! I'd like to have a full collection of these. And I mean a FULL collection, not only those you've made here. Won't be able to print the design myself though, sadly.

TheVinAnator likes this.
  10. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    Google images, Photoshop, Illustrator and an OCD level of nitpicking over everything.... lol.

The SSB ones were pretty easy though. @CompC used this template: Smash Bros. custom amiibo box template. So I just went and used the same template.

I haven't printed these yet... but like I said in the other post. Im going to buy an ID card printer (once the cards arrive) and use thermal printing to be able to print directly onto the cards.

Last edited by Random11, Apr 6, 2017
  11. AnalogMan

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    If you have not bought it yet there's far cheaper ones than $1500

12. shane9b3

shane9b3 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2017
    Canada
    Ontario
    Care to share a link???

13. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    If you have one you can recommend I would take a look at it, but keep in mind its $1500 Canadian after tax. So that's about equivalent to around $1000~ USD. I do know of the badgy printer which is cheaper but it didn't get the best reviews. I just figured I would buy the $1500 one and return it if I don't think the quality is worth it over just printing out playing cards.

14. AnalogMan

Apr 20, 2007
    United States

Sure. First of all there's two types of PVC card / ID printers. There's dye sublimation and thermal. Thermal is only really good for single-color applications like barcodes or text, not full color like we'd be doing here. Next you have single-sided or double. While double would be nice it's an extra cost when we could just feed the same card through a second time for the back. Last is single-feed vs multi-feed. Again, multi-feed would be nice but unless you're doing bulk printings, single is sufficient.

With all that you can find a suitable PVC card printer like this one here: Zebra Z32 ($499 USD) which happens to be able to do double-sided anyway.

Last edited by AnalogMan, Mar 29, 2017
    shane9b3 likes this.
  15. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    hmmm ok. Ya I said thermal printing, I meant dye sublimation, I was going to get the Zebra ZXP Series 1 printer at staples. Ill look if any big box stores carry the Z32, I want to be able to return it if I don't like it. Thanks for the info

16. shane9b3

shane9b3 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2017
    Canada
    Ontario
    Thanks for all the info, didn't know anything about them, just googled them and saw the high price.

17. AnalogMan

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Ah, the one I listed is actually used / refurbished. I figured you wouldn't be needing brand new since this is just for a hobby. New-in-box and they are about $1,500 USD. In that case the Z1 instead of the Z3 would be far cheaper.

18. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    Edit: oh I see. Hmmm, well I dont think they would let me return a refurbished product. But maybe if the quality is good I'll return the new one to staples and buy the refurb.

Last edited by Random11, Mar 29, 2017
  19. AnalogMan

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
  20. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    Well I'm just doing it for myself so I dont have to open my boxed amiibo. So, for now, just one each of these that I have made, and then if I want other amiibo later on I would make and print those.

I wish I could just rent the thing for a day or something, but couldnt find anywhere local that would do that.

Last edited by Random11, Mar 29, 2017