Hacking Random11's Credit Card Sized amiibo cards

Indominusda1e

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
slowly... I will work on smash... Im less likely to do the super mario ones though. There isnt high resolution artwork out there for all the amiibo in the set. Maybe at some point but not right now.
Any chance you could add the new Zelda amiibos majora's mask and the other 2 cheers mate for all your good work

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@ninjistix Did you ever get your Amiibo cards to print without a white lines? I got my printer and J-Tray and have been working on a Photoshop template that looks promising.
As soon as I get some testing done with the cards I literally just got today, I'll post my results and help you with your card if you still need it.

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ninjistix Did you ever get your Amiibo cards to print without a white lines? I got my printer and J-Tray and have been working on a Photoshop template that looks promising.
As soon as I get some testing done with the cards I literally just got today, I'll post my results and help you with your card if you still need it.
i didnt like the feel of the cards i got, they felt kinda sticky, and the first set of cards didnt take the ink at all..., the trick for the white lines is to make the image slightly larger than the template, but the ink bleeds onto the jtray, which needs to be cleaned after every side you print, it was a waste of time for me, and i still haven't completed them

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i didnt like the feel of the cards i got, they felt kinda sticky, and the first set of cards didnt take the ink at all..., the trick for the white lines is to make the image slightly larger than the template, but the ink bleeds onto the jtray, which needs to be cleaned after every side you print, it was a waste of time for me, and i still haven't completed them
Yep, you need to use the bleed lines to print and clean after. My template works and your welcome to it, if you want. ( Photoshop Needed )

ShadowMike101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmanueleBGN,
Here are 2 of your designs on working amiibo cards.
upload_2018-11-24_0-18-54.png

Halm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
considering I use a glossy inkjet paper....any knows of a spray varnish to protect the paper?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see new cards being made for the new Smash characters, anyone make one for the Diablo 3 Treasure Goblin? I searched the thread but if it's posted it wasn't mentioned in the text of the post.

TheOriginCode

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on a few personal designs, does anyone have any suggestions for getting cards printed to a good thickness? I tried using 110 lb cardstock, but inserting the NFC chip leaves a reasonable bump that's visible, and I want something a bit thicker, like thin cardboard.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone used the inkjet printable vinyl before and know if it's any good to stick on the PVC NFC cards? Thank you
I think that would greatly depend on the brand.

I’ve used shipping label paper. (Look through the thread if you’re interested). That stuff was super sticky and worked well. And I’ve used a vinyl with an m3 adhesive backing. That also worked well (in terms of sticking). The quality of the print was also good but it was printed on a professional printer.

I don’t know how that would compare to an inkjet home printer in terms of print quality.

littleoz2

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think that would greatly depend on the brand.

I’ve used shipping label paper. (Look through the thread if you’re interested). That stuff was super sticky and worked well. And I’ve used a vinyl with an m3 adhesive backing. That also worked well (in terms of sticking). The quality of the print was also good but it was printed on a professional printer.

I don’t know how that would compare to an inkjet home printer in terms of print quality.

It's a brand called EVG on Amazon, titled:
"10 Sheets High Quality Waterproof A4 Vinyl (PVC) Glossy White Self Adhesive Sticker Sheets Quality Inkjet Printable" can't put a link as I'm new here.

I want to try and get a decent quality card and not pay loads for bits haha, probably not gonna happen.

With the stuff you've used before I'm guessing you wouldn't need a fixative for it to finish it off? You just stick it to the card and it's done? Did you use Matt finish PVC cards to stick it to or the standard gloss ones? If so did you have to sand it slightly?.

Sorry for all the questions and thank you for the post and the wonderful designs that people have done.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a brand called EVG on Amazon, titled:
"10 Sheets High Quality Waterproof A4 Vinyl (PVC) Glossy White Self Adhesive Sticker Sheets Quality Inkjet Printable" can't put a link as I'm new here.

I want to try and get a decent quality card and not pay loads for bits haha, probably not gonna happen.

With the stuff you've used before I'm guessing you wouldn't need a fixative for it to finish it off? You just stick it to the card and it's done? Did you use Matt finish PVC cards to stick it to or the standard gloss ones? If so did you have to sand it slightly?.

Sorry for all the questions and thank you for the post and the wonderful designs that people have done.

I just stuck the vinyl on and used a xacto blade to trim around the pvc card. No extra finishing needed. The PVC cards were the standard glossy kind.

With the shipping labels... because they were paper and thus more pulpy I did sand the edges very very slightly after cutting just to smooth out some of the pulp. But for vinyl I wouldnt suggest sanding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name in chat :ninja: