Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
artlan said:
WOO Good night for progress
biggrin.gif
Well, FIXES I suppose

1st - Started new games and played all the way to the abandoned mines, without a single crash. (Didn't do pub quests yet, was testing someone's geffen quest issue.)

2nd - 100% of the Arm9 file is translated, 95% of the tower code is translated, and I found the last few lines for it. Dumped and ID'd EVERY REMAINING string from the Overlays (unless some hid from me.. but I don't think so)

3rd - Twiz and I played with a test rom using the new Log/Tower files, and got to floor 18 without a single crash or glitch.

YAY!

Now, the "bad" news is that I've found a lot more text, mainly text for the Skill Pics, but if I touch them, the game instantly crashes. Thinking it has to do with the double wide Eng font up top still. So... my next task is to fix that... again.
well im actually getting bored leveling up
wacko.gif
so im thinking of starting a new game
wacko.gif
so i could review the game and if possible try to uncover some bugs within the game.. just keep up the good work guyz hopefully you'll finish the translation asap...
gbasp.gif
gbasp.gif
gbasp.gif

coolsonyeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
artlan said:
biggrin.gif
Well, FIXES I suppose

3rd - Twiz and I played with a test rom using the new Log/Tower files, and got to floor 18 without a single crash or glitch..
-the last time i challenged the tower iwent all the way up to the 31st(cant remember really but i did past up to 30th) without a single crash or glitch

maybalat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay!! i finished ragnarok ds in 4 consecutive days muwahahahhahahahhahaahahahah
thanks very much for the translation it helped me finish the game....
i got a password form the games
yaynds.gif
:y :
rolleyes.gif
yayds:
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
aysp:

maybalat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My ragnarok ds save

-base lvl -57-
-job lvl -35-
-job -knight-
-reborned
-story -cleared-
-mirage tower status -up to 40+ floor-
-guild -very famous-
-guild member count -8-
-guild recruit -knight,hunter,assasin-
-EQUIPMENT -Gungnir "A legendary spear"-
-Hat of the Sun God-
-Glittering Jacket-
-Ancient Cape-
-Sleipnir-
-Glove-
- Silver Ring-

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
maybalat said:
My ragnarok ds save

-base lvl -57-
-job lvl -35-
-job -knight-
-reborned
-story -cleared-
-mirage tower status -up to 40+ floor-
-guild -very famous-
-guild member count -8-
-guild recruit -knight,hunter,assasin-
-EQUIPMENT -Gungnir "A legendary spear"-
-Hat of the Sun God-
-Glittering Jacket-
-Ancient Cape-
-Sleipnir-
-Glove-
- Silver Ring-

>knight
>Glittering Jacket
>Silver Ring

Oh God.

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolsonyeh said:
artlan said:
biggrin.gif
Well, FIXES I suppose

3rd - Twiz and I played with a test rom using the new Log/Tower files, and got to floor 18 without a single crash or glitch..
-the last time i challenged the tower iwent all the way up to the 31st(cant remember really but i did past up to 30th) without a single crash or glitch

Yes, but we were using the new translated log/tower files which aren't in the patches yet
wink.gif
And the test toms with those were crashing because of new problems we were finding. (Killing certain monsters was crashing it, killing BOSS monsters was crashing it, and certain combos of things was crashing it) But we got them all ironed out now, so everyone should be getting those in the patches once the tool for the patch supports them

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
coolsonyeh said:
artlan said:
biggrin.gif
Well, FIXES I suppose

You don't have access to the changes Artlan's made over the past few days...
The tool we use for patches doesn't repack all of the files that have been changed.
I need to wait for Andy to update his program and repack with that or else we'll be back to changing GameID every patch.
Also, the game was VERY unstable at first, as Artlan had to figure out what to change and how to change it properly.
Pretty soon all the 'extras' should be translated, and hopefully Andy and the other translators can work on the quests.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I.... vaguely remember something about this "Hat of The Sun God"

I do think it's better to call it "Solar God Helm", that's how idRO call it, shorter and seems better, for me

Actually, I remember suggesting "Solar God Helm" over "Hat of The Sun God" at the Docs, but maybe my account wasn't activated yet? Or maybe Solar God Helm is not nice?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thebuster2005 said:
hey twiztidsinz can you fix the cheat part of the game if your not too busy. I wanted ,and sure not just me, to use the max base level, stats, and job level cheats, but i can not use them. so if you just have free time that's all i'm asking
gbasp.gif
I do not touch the codes at all. In fact, I know very little about coding period.
All code edits you see have mostly been done by Artlan or Andy. I just do script and graphics edits.

QUOTE(Raestloz @ Feb 26 2009, 10:39 AM) I.... vaguely remember something about this "Hat of The Sun God"

I do think it's better to call it "Solar God Helm", that's how idRO call it, shorter and seems better, for me

Actually, I remember suggesting "Solar God Helm" over "Hat of The Sun God" at the Docs, but maybe my account wasn't activated yet? Or maybe Solar God Helm is not nice?
I recall the discussion as well, but on iRO its "Hat of the Sun God".
http://ro.truesource.info/search/item/5022
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=ite...mp;item_id=5022

We went through all the items that had questions about it's name and verified them with TrueSource and RateMyServer.
I believe the only name that is different than the TS/RMS names is Fireblend being changed/corrected to Firebrand.

Erathia

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can the bug tracker also be used for the smallest of smallest trivial matters like misspelled stuff in item descriptions?
Or should such matters be posted here?

In anycase in the 2009-2-21 version, in the Valkyrie's helm description the helm is misspelled. It says Valkryie.

lonewolf80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotta salute you guys for making hte ENG translation. I love it, but are you guys planning on changing the menu items in English too?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Erathia said:
Can the bug tracker also be used for the smallest of smallest trivial matters like misspelled stuff in item descriptions?
Or should such matters be posted here?

In anycase in the 2009-2-21 version, in the Valkyrie's helm description the helm is misspelled. It says Valkryie.Yes, Please do. (I'll fix this one right away though, so don't submit this.)
Under "Severity" you can pick from Trivial, Minor, Moderate, Major and Critical for problems or Enhancement if it's a suggestion.

QUOTE(lonewolf80 @ Feb 26 2009, 09:29 PM) I've gotta salute you guys for making hte ENG translation. I love it, but are you guys planning on changing the menu items in English too?
What menu items haven't been translated? o.O

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lonewolf80 said:
The start screen is still in Japanese for me. And a little bit of things that are minuscule, but an annoyance.
Ah.. forgot about that... because it's already done in the dev / testing build.
The problem is, I have no way currently to add it to the ROM without messing with the GameID.
Hopefully Andy's tool will be updated soon to allow me to add the files and I can release the patch.
There -WILL- be a new patch soon, I just hope to keep the same ID.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.