ROM Hack Ragnarok DS - English Translation Project

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Psh, who cares if the ID changes? Oh BAAAAW, the poor little babies will have to spend 2 minutes using R4CCE to chane the GameID of the cheat codes. Big deal.

Updates > cheats

But I think the babies would be happy to wait a day or two for something they don't even need, compared to having to figure out how to do that. It would also conflict with less, so it's probably the better decision in the end.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xshoyz said:
War said:
Psh, who cares if the ID changes? Oh BAAAAW, the poor little babies will have to spend 2 minutes using R4CCE to chane the GameID of the cheat codes. Big deal.

Updates > cheats

But I think the babies would be happy to wait a day or two for something they don't even need, compared to having to figure out how to do that. It would also conflict with less, so it's probably the better decision in the end.
That..........

..........and I'm lazy (and sick).

UchiiDaisuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ehm i would like to point out something that looked weird i dont know if its already been reported or not(but if it has did not find it)
the first quest of the 11th page was translated To Juno and on the quest description you read:
Meet Schol at Yuno's blacksmith to obtain the key card(not positive if it is the exact translation but at least the yuno part ir right)

anyway just tought i would let you people know^^

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UchiiDaisuke said:
ehm i would like to point out something that looked weird i dont know if its already been reported or not(but if it has did not find it)
the first quest of the 11th page was translated To Juno and on the quest description you read:
Meet Schol at Yuno's blacksmith to obtain the key card(not positive if it is the exact translation but at least the yuno part ir right)

anyway just tought i would let you people know^^
Fixed...
Don't be afraid to use the BugTracker.. That's what I set it up for.

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for asking, but is the part where you're supposed to go to Mt. Mjolnir for treasure not translated yet? Because I saw a screenshot of people already at Lighthalzen.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Zaiga said:
Sorry for asking, but is the part where you're supposed to go to Mt. Mjolnir for treasure not translated yet? Because I saw a screenshot of people already at Lighthalzen.
That part isn't but after that there are more translated parts. It's just a random untranslated chunk.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
The game should be just about totally playable to the end, admittedly without most of the story.
It's not a particularly interesting or deep story, you could probably understand the game just by watching the scenes...
And if you've got half an imagination, you could make a story up and it'll probably be far more interesting.
tongue.gif

Current work on the project is translating the Story Quest scripts -- the files related to the Story's quest objectives.
After that gets finished, we'll be working on Non-Story Quest scripts -- other various quests not related to the story.
And finally finishing up with the Non-Quest Story scripts -- typically the cutscenes that deal with the Story, but no Quest.

We "lost" a translator, Skanob. I say "lost" because I have a feeling there was no intention of ever translating despite was was said.
Shortly after I sent the files, a large portion of work was "done" and I had a PM asking for the already translated files to "verify" them.
My guess is that Skanob was interested in using our translation to translate into another language... Which is fine, just don't lie and say you want to help us out and think we're idiots especially when there's an EXTREMELY easy way to get nearly all of our work without even saying a word to us that would be obvious to anyone who knows anything about hacking/translating a DS game.

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay thanks for the info, Twiz. And thanks for all of your group's work so far!

Edit: I don't know if this has been said already.. as I'm to lazy to look through 56 pages. But changing the save file's name results in it not being able to be used. I found this out when I changed it on my Supercard. Simply changing it back will fix it.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
Edit: I don't know if this has been said already.. as I'm to lazy to look through 56 pages. But changing the save file's name results in it not being able to be used. I found this out when I changed it on my Supercard. Simply changing it back will fix it.
.nds = .sav
They have to match exactly.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Zaiga said:
It's like that for every single DS game lol.

Karimoto

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks bro for all the hard work. It's good people like you who spend their time in order to allow other have entertainment. And to those haters complaining about slow progress, why not learn to code/translate/etc. and use it for yourself?

Edit: Is there a way to patch over an old game file without deleting the save? It already happened once and i dun wanna waste hours.

triften

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Karimoto said:
Is there a way to patch over an old game file without deleting the save? It already happened once and i dun wanna waste hours.

I'm wondering the same thing. I don't want to play it much if I'm going to lose my progress with each successive translation update. Can saves be retained or converted somehow so this won't happen? Just curious.

Also, GREAT work so far, twiztidsinz and team. You guys are doing admirable work that too often goes underappreciated. You have my gratitude and respect.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Karimoto said:
Edit: Is there a way to patch over an old game file without deleting the save? It already happened once and i dun wanna waste hours.QUOTE(triften @ Mar 1 2009, 12:57 AM) I'm wondering the same thing. I don't want to play it much if I'm going to lose my progress with each successive translation update. Can saves be retained or converted somehow so this won't happen? Just curious.
Thank you both for the kind words.
Save files are independent of the ROM and as far as I can tell, are compatible with each progressive version.
All you have to do is keep the save file the same name as your ROM.

The only thing that isn't 'compatible' is the top screen fixes for names. Your characters names are written in your save file when they join your group and this includes pre-named NPCs. Simply put, any save file NOT started with the dev build ROM will continue to have Lucifi, Vlisic and Lisir's names in Japanese.
This isn't a big deal and CAN be fixed by editing your save (save game patch utility maybe, POSSIBLY, coming soon), but I don't think it will bother many people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol