• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] U.S. Presidential Election 2016

Whom will/would you vote for?

• Laurence Kotlikoff (Independent)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom Hoefling (America's Party)

• Mike Maturen (American Solidarity Party)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
See, the problem with that is that the tape finally gives credence to this. So, really, I would be worried about that if I were you

And it should also be mentioned that the emails were in fact supposed to be deleted before the court subpoena, the IT guy just supposedly forgot to do it and has since taken full responsibility. That doesn't make Clinton any less careless with confidential data, but it does indicate that she most likely had no intentions of destroying evidence, as a matter of fact it was more likely in the interest of preserving security by removing already read classified information
Absolutely ridiculous implications. All I see is the Democrats accusing a Republican of thought crime because that's the best they can do - they've ran out of relevant ammunition so they're clinging to shock hit pieces that have nothing to do with policy whatsoever. You're also not going to convince me that the entirety of the department's security was handled by one "dude" that gets his IT tips from Reddit - Hill's tech illiterate staff was deleting data by means of smashing devices with a hammer, and I very much doubt that was official procedure. It's very convenient that almost every laptop, iPad and Blackberry that was confiscated in that investigation was physically destroyed in some way, as if that somehow deletes the files they contain. I don't believe in coincidences like this, I'm not going to pretend that I'm retarded to feel better about a politician. Besides, the emails are just the tip of the iceberg - we'll see what people can find in the Podesta emails which so far shine some light on suspicious dealings regarding Uranium One and the Clinton Foundation from back when Hill was a Secretary of State. Do you see any news on that? No, it's all "grabbing pussy" because it's cheap outrage for mouthbreathers who probably say worse things everyday, and it's ten years out of date.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Absolutely ridiculous implications. All I see is the Democrats accusing a Republican of thought crime because that's the best they can do - they've ran out of relevant ammunition so they're clinging to shock hit pieces that have nothing to do with policy whatsoever. You're also not going to convince me that the entirety of the department's security was handled by one "dude" that gets his IT tips from Reddit - the entire tech illiterate staff was deleting data by means of smashing devices with a hammer, and I very much doubt that was official procedure. It's very convenient that almost every laptop, iPad and Blackberry that was confiscated in that investigation was physically destroyed in some way, as if that somehow deletes the files they contain. I don't believe in coincidences like this, I'm not going to pretend that I'm retarded to feel better about a politician. Besides, the emails are just the tip of the iceberg - we'll see what people can find in the Podesta emails which so far shine some light on suspicious dealings regarding Uranium One and the Clinton Foundation from back when Hill was a Secretary of State. Do you see any news on that? No, it's all "grabbing pussy" because it's cheap outrage for mouthbreathers who probably say worse things everyday, and it's ten years out of date.

Trump isn't better at all, remember him, and the Cuba policy, or the tax schemes? He only can say things that are "wrong".

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Trump isn't better at all, remember him, and the Cuba policy, or the tax schemes? He only can say things that are "wrong".
Trump was not a social servant, he's not responsible for what policy is enacted. If the federal government believes that he broke an embargo, they're free to pursue him on that. Regarding taxes, as a business owner it's his responsibility to pay as little in taxes as possible in order to protect his bottom line. If I could somehow refrain from paying taxes, I would do the same - it's my money, as factor of the time and effort I've spent making it.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Trump was not a social servant, he's not responsible for what policy is enacted and as a business owner it's his responsibility to pay as little in taxes as possible in order to protect his bottom line. If I could somehow refrain from paying taxes, I would do the same - it's my money, as factor of the time and effort I've spent making it.

You shouldn't lie about the taxes, that's wrong, and against the laws (in every country). If they catch you lying about your taxes here, then you need to pay a lot.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You shouldn't lie about the taxes, that's wrong, and against the laws (in every country). If they catch you lying about your taxes here, then you need to pay a lot.
If the IRS believes that Trump *deliberately and maliciously* paid less taxes than he should've, they're free to pursue him on it and present evidence that support their claim. If he merely used a loophole, too bad so sad - no law is watertight. If there is a way to save money, a business owner has a responsibility to his shareholders to exploit it and maximise profit. Trump is not responsible for shifty laws full of loopholes, he didn't enact them, he merely has to play by them efficiently.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
If the IRS believes that Trump *deliberately and maliciously* paid less taxes than he should've, they're free to pursue him on it and present evidence that supports their claim. If he merely used a loophole, too bad so sad - no law is watertight.

I know, but he lied about his income of his companies, to be far under the level. Also he says he was always against the Iraq war, but at start he was all for it. You can find the original files probably online. Now he says he was always against it, a president who changes his statement every time isn't a fitting president. You need someone who stands behind his statements.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I know, but he lied about his income of his companies, to be far under the level. Also he says he was always against the Iraq war, but at start he was all for it. You can find the original files probably online. Now he says he was always against it, a president who changes his statement every time isn't a fitting president. You need someone who stands behind his statements.
That's ridiculous. You don't want a person who doesn't change his or her opinion based on new evidence, you want a person who can analyse the situation and draw conclusions. The premise that someone has to stand fast and support a position even if it turns out that it was wrong all along with the determination bordering on retardation is false and stupid.

Trump also maintained that he won't run for president for the last three decades, he was asked whether he aspires for the role since the 80'ies, should we grill him on that too? How come he didn't want to run and now, 30 years later, he does? Flip-flopper, right? Wrong, you can change your opinion over time, especially over the course of a decade.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
People like the change.
The world seems to be too static and boring for the average earthling.
I suppose everybody prefers chaos, war, and the fun of the unexpected.
Let the world burn!
Accept the chaos alignment already!
It is fun to let everything go to hell, it seems.

Going back to fascism is at least better than the old same boring talkative PC-guilty old democrats.

You know, perhaps fascism leads to anarchism, and the more chaotic it gets, the funnier the ride.
Yey! Hell for everyone! I am in!

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's ridiculous. You don't want a person who doesn't change his or her opinion based on new evidence, you want a person who can analyse the situation and draw conclusions. The premise that someone has to stand fast and support a position even if it turns out that it was wrong all along with the determination bordering on retardation is false and stupid.

Well, but someone who lies about his old statement is wrong at all times.
And someone who
Also that guy posted something on Twitter a while ago. "If Apple does't unlock the terrorist's phone then I will switch to Samsung #MakeAmericaGreatAgain", even though Samsung is as South Korean as it gets and he is pro American. I saw the Tweet on his Twitter, and it wasn't a fake account, or a fake image. He also wants Mexico to pay for his wall, something he can forget, because Mexico will never do that.

Also someone who stoops himself to humilate other people is a misfit as president in my eyes.

Last edited by Procyon,

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole story is typical fake outrage over what amounts to gym talk from a decade ago. It's just interference that's supposed to divert attention from the recent Wikileaks release and the other candidate's borderline criminal transgressions. Thank god Donald just wanted to grab pussy, not delete 33,000 of'em or smash'em with a hammer.

Except Emails don't work that way... The investigator should have been able to find some of these missing emails on their own.. The emails would still be on the server of the people that emailed them to her, or she emailed too.

Not to mention you can't just completely scrub certain emails. It would a scrub everything, or there would be recoverables on the HDD. One or the other.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
People like the change.
The world seems to be too static and boring for the average earthling.
I suppose everybody prefers chaos, war, and the fun of the unexpected.
Let the world burn!
Accept the chaos alignment already!
It is fun to let everything go to hell, it seems.

Going back to fascism is at least better than the old same boring talkative PC-guilty old democrats.

You know, perhaps fascism leads to anarchism, and the more chaotic it gets, the funnier the ride.
Yey! Hell for everyone! I am in!
I entertain the joke, but I don't like the implication. Who's the fascists here? Is it the people who want to indict a man over what he *said*, so basically thought crime? Remind me, members of which party were assaulted and had stones and eggs thrown at them on numerous occasions? Because I'm pretty sure it was the Trump supporters, and there's video evidence of that happening, and not just once or twice. Who's the fascists here? "Either you're with us or you're the enemy"?
Well, but someone who lies about his old ststement is wrong at all times. Also that guy posted something on Twitter a while ago. "If Apple does't unlock the terrorist's phone then I will switch to Samsung #MakeAmericaGreatAgain", even though Samsung is as South Korean as it gets and he is pro American. I saw the Tweet on his Twitter, and it wasn't a fake account, or a fake image. He also wants Mexico to pay for his wall, something he can forget, because Mexico will never do that.
So he's saying that he won't support a company that doesn't behoove him - that's free market. Given two choices of top-end phones, he can only choose between Apple and Samsung. Perhaps if RIM got their shit together, or Microsoft, or Google, it'd be different. Besides, none of these companies manufacture in the U.S., the devices are alleged built in China by Foxconn and their ilk, so your point is null and void. As for lying under oath, I wouldn't go pointing fingers at Trump here as the alternative seems far worse. The only reason Hill wasn't accused of lying under oath more is her apparent dementia - she has a problem with "recalling" things, it's a standard play in her book that she still remembers from her days as an attorney and not a new development.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
I entertain the joke, but I don't like the implication. Who's the fascists here? Is it the people who want to indict a man over what he *said*, so basically thought crime? Remind me, members of which party were assaulted and had stones and eggs thrown at them on numerous occasions? Because I'm pretty sure it was the Trump supporters, and there's video evidence of that happening, and not just once or twice. Who's the fascists here? "Either you're with us or you're the enemy"?
So he's saying that he won't support a company that doesn't behoove him - that's free market. Given two choices of top-end phones, he can only choose between Apple and Samsung. Perhaps if RIM gets their shot together, or Microsoft, or Google, it'd be different. Besides, none of these companies manufacture in the U.S., the devices are alleged built in China by Foxconn and their ilk, so your point is null and void. As for lying under oath, I wouldn't go pointing fingers at Trump here as the alternative seems far worse. The only reason Hill wasn't accused of lying under oath more is her apparent dementia - she has a problem with "recalling" things, it's a standard play in her book that she still remembers from her days as an attorney and not a new development.
'Well he's pro-American, and prefers a non-American company.
Also I would prefer Hillary over Trump.

Last edited by Procyon,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Except Emails don't work that way... The investigator should have been able to find some of these missing emails on their own.. The emails would still be on the server of the people that emailed them to her, or she emailed too.

Not to mention you can't just completely scrub certain emails. It would a scrub everything, or there would be recoverables on the HDD. One or the other.
That's a nice story. Now, how are you supposed to find out who she emailed with if her devices and her server are wiped and they don't have a warrant to confiscate any other devices but hers? As for recoverables, there absolutely are ways to delete data beyond the point of any recovery - overwrite it enough times and it will get garbled up. Honestly, we're not FBI investigators, it's them who dropped the ball on that. If the FBI really wanted to know what was on those devices, all they had to do was give Gucifer a call - apparently he was more qualified. That's all besides the point though, we're getting sidetracked here.
'Well he's pro-American, and prefers a non-American company. Also I would prefer Hillary over Trump.
He prefers a company that cooperates with the law enforcement, yes. That's the paramount issue here. You're free to support whoever you want, nobody's stifling that right.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem is in the people that feel at ease with such ideas, not in the apartheidist moron they are feeling so comfortable with.
You know, the past has shown that from time to time humans deserve to go to hell.
It is not a phenomenon only present in America, anyway.
In recent times, perhaps during the last 10 years, the world has started turning more and more to the right school of "thinking".
And I don't mean it in the economical sense, that wouldn't be alarming. I mean it in the late 1930s right-nationalist flavour.
It's been happening in USA, UK, Ukraine, Japan, etc. And also in Germany.
I wouldn't be too suprised if the AfD gained a lot of power, and the expansionist ideas came back.
Well, who knows what could happen if the EU ended up failing and dissolving in the current fucked up world context.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The problem is in the people that feel at ease with such ideas, not in the apartheidist moron they are feeling so comfortable with.
You know, the past has shown that from time to time humans deserve to go to hell.
It is not a phenomenom only present in America, anyway.
In recent times, perhaps during the last 10 years, the world has started turning more and more to the right school of "thinking".
And I don't mean it in the economical sense, that wouldn't be alarming. I mean it in the right-nationalist late 1930s flavour.
It's been happening in USA, UK, Ukraine, Japan, etc. And also in Germany.
I wouldn't be too suprised if the AfD gained a lot of power, and the expansionist ideas came back.
Well, who knows what could happen if the EU ended up failing and dissolving in the current fucked up world context.
I see this "race to hell" in slightly different colours. It's not a battle between the right and the left so much as it is a battle between those who are authoritarian and those who are not. I heard a really good description of the phenomenon and it stuck with me, so let me paraphrase it by saying that we're suffering from an epidemic of "close-minded people with open-minded stances". In this day and age you have to be "tolerant" (I'm using sneer quotes because that's not at all what tolerance is all about) towards everyone and everything, otherwise you're branded as a bigot and destroyed by a rapidly formed mob. That's not what tolerance is - "tolerance is being able to sit with someone with an opposing stance in one room and not jump at their throat". What you're saying about "the right" is what I say about the aggressive left that does nothing but perpetrate Cultural Marxism and metaphorical lynching, all day, everyday. If I have to think the same way you think or else I'm under threat of being disowned by my friends and family, if I risk my personal reputation and professional career by making an honest and often innocuous statement, that's true fascism, and that's what worries me far more than "racists and bigots" that are few and far between. Real fascism is an attempt to stifle independent thought and trying to gel everyone into a homogenous mass of group think in an attempt to distort reality, a mass in which any form of objection is scoffed at and individuality is frowned upon - that's what I'm scared of. That's what I think people are tired of - getting beaten to death for the sake of maintaining the politically correct reality distortion bubble, because that's what I'm sick of.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I agree with that. Only that I don't see how Trump represents any type of improvement against the hypocrisy of PC.
He is just another type of hypocrite, he is just playing an anti-PC as a publicity stunt but what is behind that play?
Well, a very dangerous demagogue IMHO.

PS: Why very dangerous? Well just look what kind of sentiment he is trying to awake in people and use to support its campaign.

Last edited by sarkwalvein, , Reason: Learn language, you idiot!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, I agree with that. Only that I don't see how Trump represents any type of improvement against the hypocrisy of PC.
He is just another type of hypocrite, he is just playing an anti-PC as a publicity stunt but what is behind that play?
Well, a very dangerous populist IMHO.
Many people will take any form of change over maintaining the status quo, which comes back to your initial point of craving change. I am far from endorsing Trump, however out of the two evils I can point out the more appealing one very easily.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Many people will take any form of change over maintaining the status quo, which comes back to your initial point of craving change. I am far from endorsing Trump, however out of the two evils I can point out the more appealing one very easily.

My gut is never wrong, and it tells me that the USA will turn into a BTTF-like living hell, if Trump wins.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: I'd like another 8 TB HDD yes thank you very much +2