• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

We exploited conservatives (Dexter Filkins) [original title: Can Ron DeSantis Displace Donald Trump as the G.O.P.’s Combatant-in-Chief?]

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's possible for Trump to be both stupid, and also represent an existential threat to the US. With his seat of power it's fair to say that the people he's riling up, plus the things he tries sign into law show blatantly how dangerous he is.
Correct, he's stupid, narcissistic, and malicious, and a bunch of stupid-malicious people worship him to the extent some have already died and/or killed in his name. That will probably continue whether or not the DoJ prosecutes and jails him, so they might as well. Bar him from office, obviously, unless you're giving him 15+ years AKA life.

Reactions: LainaGabranth

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Correct, he's stupid, narcissistic, and malicious, and a bunch of stupid-malicious people worship him to the extent some have already died and/or killed in his name. That will probably continue whether or not the DoJ prosecutes and jails him, so they might as well. Bar him from office, obviously, unless you're giving him 15+ years AKA life.
"Bar him from office" That is really the practical gain of jailtime for the annoying orange. If he did not run for the next election, then it's done. Republicans will have time to build another leadership, we all know that it will not be nobody awesome, but hardly will be worse.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"Bar him from office" That is really the practical gain of jailtime for the annoying orange. If he did not run for the next election, then it's done. Republicans will have time to build another leadership, we all know that it will not be nobody awesome, but hardly will be worse.
Yeah they'll have to run DeSantis with Trump's endorsement, but if Americans don't want to jump straight to the Fourth Reich, the choice should be obvious in that election. If not, then I guess all empires gotta fall sometime.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The potential brightside to this is once Trump cultists see how many rights are stolen from prisoners they could rhetorically be convinced of prison reform, or at least to a degree that people won't have such miserable lives over nonsense, harmless offenses.

Reactions: Xzi

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
The potential brightside to this is once Trump cultists see how many rights are stolen from prisoners they could rhetorically be convinced of prison reform, or at least to a degree that people won't have such miserable lives over nonsense, harmless offenses.
Likely they will create a nonsense theory instead of that. Also, he probably will get special treatment, like everywhere else when a former president gets jail time.

The biggest cruelty of US penal system for me that is looking from outside is the slave labor (even that you don't call that). It's impossible that Trump will get this no matter what.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
Trump was a great President. I can't wait until he puts the current set of legal threats from the left to rest and becomes our President again. I could sure use some cheaper prices on things and he's the man to make that happen! I'll be voting for him again. MAGA!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Jayro

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Trump was a great President. I can't wait until he puts the current set of legal threats from the left to rest and becomes our President again. I could sure use some cheaper prices on things and he's the man to make that happen! I'll be voting for him again. MAGA!!!!!
Dude put tariffs on damn near everything in his first and only term, including GPUs lmao. Delusional.

Reactions: Jayro and KingVamp

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
You're the dumbest dude alive if you think trump was a good president.

Reactions: Xzi and KingVamp

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upholding our democracy,
So arresting political opponents is now "upholding our democracy". Can't wait for that boomerang to make it's return trajectory.
Americans will be able to mentally heal
You guys really do have emotional damage. No wonder you are confused about your gender.
after Trump's 4 years of abuse and mental gymnastics, and it will send a message to the world that we don't tolerate Trump's type of reckless and absurd behavior. He's really deranged, self-absorbed, and always looking for a grift. We don't need this type of person living among us, let-alone leading the country.
Trump literally broke you.
Post automatically merged:

We aren't talking about imprisoning Trump because he's mentally ill, though, we're talking about imprisoning him because he's committed multiple federal crimes. I sure would love it if he went for the insanity defense during the trial though, might make a few people re-think their loyalty to him.
Are the walls closing in on dRumpF or is this the beginning of the end? After 7 years it's become tiresome.
It'll help improve their mental health even more when he's dead and buried, but putting him in prison will just speed the process of him being forgotten about. We'd have roughly a year of MAGAts lashing out violently in response to it, but then things would calm down.
The only violent ones are BLM, KLANtifa and the trans jihadists threatening Target stores and shooting up Christian schools now. Oh, and those Jane's Revenge people attacking pregnancy centers who still haven't even been arrested.

Last edited by TraderPatTX,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I already did show part of it, you ridiculed me instead
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Like I said, people with criminal records tend to play the victim an awful lot. Thats all the more im going to say
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I can prove what I am saying
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    If you want me to scan that paper I will give it to you but I can't waste my precious time on arguing with a moron like this
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: If you want me to scan that paper I will give it to you but I can't waste my precious time on...