• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] U.S. Presidential Election 2016

Whom will/would you vote for?

• Laurence Kotlikoff (Independent)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom Hoefling (America's Party)

• Mike Maturen (American Solidarity Party)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
  1. Hillary Clinton (Democratic Party)
  2. Donald Trump (Republican Party)
  3. Gary Johnson (Libertarian Party)
  4. Jill Stein (Green Party)
  5. Other
  6. Darrell Castle (Constitution Party)
  7. Evan McMullin (Independent)
  8. Live outside self-absorbed USA and don't care

Reactions: Aerocool

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The real conspiracy is reaching the election day with only (and yes, I'm citing South Park but they got it right) a Big douche and a Turd sandwich as candidates with chances of becoming president.
Hell, there are near 320M other citizens in USA, how the hell did those blockheads get there instead?

Reactions: Aerocool

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The real conspiracy is reaching the election day with only (and yes, I'm citing South Park but they got it right) a Big douche and a Turd sandwich as candidates with chances of becoming president.
Hell, there are near 320M other citizens in USA, how the hell did those blockheads get there instead?
That's a fair way to describe it. At the end of the day, it's a choice between two bad candidates.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The left using this to show that Wikileaks is against Hilliary, however is an issue as well.
WikiLeaks is admittedly against Clinton.
I love how every leaked email linked to Hillary must necessarily be a conspiracy perpetrated by Russian boogiemen who are supposedly best buddies with Trump. It's all a conspiracy, guys.
The email hacks were almost certainly directed by the Russian government. The motive isn't as substantiated, but there's a good chance it was to influence the presidential election.

While I don't think it demonstrates anything, Trump did appear to act in tandem with a Russian news outlet by reporting the false email story. I'm assuming coincidence and convergent idiocy, but you can see how conclusions can be drawn.

Last edited by Lacius,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
WikiLeaks is admittedly against Clinton.
WikiLeaks has no strict political affiliation, the most you can say about the outlet is that it's anti-establishment. The fact that Hillary represents the establishment is coincidental.
The email hacks were almost certainly directed by the Russian government. The motive isn't as substantiated, but there's a good chance it was to influence the presidential election.

While I don't think it demonstrates anything, Trump did appear to act in tandem with a Russian news outlet by reporting the false email story. I'm assuming coincidence and convergent idiocy, but you can see how conclusions can be drawn.
I'm assuming coincidence, or he simply didn't know that some information might've been doctored, but he's far from an idiot. He saw a headline and used it accordingly.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and another 700 emails released

(kaine was already selected as vp well over a year before)
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/2986

(hillary camp acknowledges "radical islam")
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5832

(full intent to support both TPP and TPA)
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/6616

(hiring blacks on hillary staff to gain black voters)
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/6546

(warning the hillary camp that all these scandals could take her down)
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/6900

(hillary needs her talking points to be under 3 pages since so she can memorize them since there will be no podium)
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5454

(will be impossible to remember since there will be no podium)
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5421

Does she not know her own policies that she needs to read off a script?

and apparently podesta's apple id login info was in one of the emails

Last edited by Joe88,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r8Cb6DK.png

He's not having a very good day. I would post more images, but I fear getting banned. Mods are deleting threads like crazy though, but thankfully 8chan never deletes anything.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as it didnt contain sensitive info...

edit: looks like the account just got locked
I think some of the new emails were saved

also they erased both his iphone and ipad ~RIP

Last edited by Joe88,
Reactions: I pwned U!

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny, on my facebook I have people lumping wikileaks supporters with anti-hillary folk, which automatically means (to them) you're sexist, trump supporters.

This election is just bringing the bad out of a lot of people. So many sexist, "my team is better than your team", super conflating, double-think people. Even those who say sexism is terrible while saying something sexist in the same sentence. Otherwise solid people are just flushing their brain down the toilet out of feeeeelings. I don't care if you think very differently, just be able to express why you feel that way and be open to criticism of those positions.

We're all trying to figure out truth from fiction, try not to place personal meaning into assertions. It's okay to be wrong. I know I'm wrong allll the frikin' time, and I'm always happy to be corrected.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny, on my facebook I have people lumping wikileaks supporters with anti-hillary folk, which automatically means (to them) you're sexist, trump supporters.
THIS

As a Libertarian Party Supporter I am constantly told by either Democrats or Republicans that I support one side or the other just because I hate both of them. Same with Bush and Obama. I just do not get why people think that dislike of one means you like the other.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS

As a Libertarian Party Supporter I am constantly told by either Democrats or Republicans that I support one side or the other just because I hate both of them. Same with Bush and Obama. I just do not get why people think that dislike of one means you like the other.
We've been conditioned to partisanship by the system. If you're not on my team, you're on "the other" team.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We've been conditioned to partisanship by the system. If you're not on my team, you're on "the other" team.
Correct - people vote for banners now, not for representatives or policy. This is exactly the factor that differentiates Hillary and Trump supporters. Hillary supporters are voting "for the democratic nominee" while Trump supporters are very clearly voting for Trump as an individual, not the GOP.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct - people vote for banners now, not for representatives or policy. This is exactly the factor that differentiates Hillary and Trump supporters. Hillary supporters are voting "for the democratic nominee" while Trump supporters are very clearly voting for Trump as an individual, not the GOP.
Pretty much this. I hate both sides, but I like Trump. I would vote for him even if he ran under a different party.

Also, look who changed sides! Totally isn't hacked :P
lYQdlhb.png

Reactions: I pwned U!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: One of my friends wants to do a pc wall build I'm like but you constantly complain about roaches lol