• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

For whom will/would you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I know. That's why I addressed the author.
You slammed the content based on the author. :) Content is correct. Your view of the author also partly so.

But your overall view is off. :) ("So what, we have a centrist democratic leader with no power that will be lead by his hand to only enact measures, that are international elite petprojects (thats where the republican vote will fall in line" but not on domestic projects, far too great of a voter potential on pissed off democratic voters) - thats how it always was, thats great. :) )

Also I forgot to mention 40 years of wage stagnation in the US. But everyone knows that by now.

(Wages only rise, if there is a shortage of (quaiified) labor. The whole system currently is prepped up on a service economy, where there is _never_ a shortage of labor. (No growth dynamics that are linked to 'production', or educated labor linked to innovation. (Actually the opposite. automation, digitization..)))

Also, I think I stated, that the same view (just pulling punches, and from the perspective of an international investor class) is stated in The Economist, the Financial Times, The NYT, ...

So its not 'just Varoufakis'. :) Progressive leftists have the potential of getting played here (getting a cabinet position - then not being able to act at all), then rolled over by a center push.

The democratic party is no party for the people that arent international elites, and identity politics warriors anymore. (Is projected, by pretty much everyone right now.) At least not in the current configuration.
---------------------------

edit: On a different note:

AOC not knowing what she is talking about, as per usual.. ;)

Tell us again how the electoral college brings democracy. Most of you fail to realize that a presidential candidate can win 100% of the popular vote & not win any electoral college votes because there are no laws in place that prevent electoral college votes from going against the people vote.
Why Big-City Dominance Is a Problem for Democrats
Metro power comes with huge political and cultural drawbacks.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/11/why-big-city-dominance-problem-democrats/617161/

edit: Please dont ban me for double posting.

edit2: Lean back, easy watching version. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-