?

For whom will/would you vote?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2020.
  1. Donald Trump and Mike Pence (Republican Party)

33.1%
  2. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris (Democratic Party)

52.6%
  3. Jo Jorgensen and Spike Cohen (Libertarian Party)

2.5%
  4. Howie Hawkins and Angela Walker (Green Party)

3.9%
  5. Other

7.9%
  6. 646 voter(s)
  1. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    I know. That's why I addressed the author.

2. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    You slammed the content based on the author. :) Content is correct. Your view of the author also partly so.

But your overall view is off. :) ("So what, we have a centrist democratic leader with no power that will be lead by his hand to only enact measures, that are international elite petprojects (thats where the republican vote will fall in line" but not on domestic projects, far too great of a voter potential on pissed off democratic voters) - thats how it always was, thats great. :) )

Also I forgot to mention 40 years of wage stagnation in the US. But everyone knows that by now.

(Wages only rise, if there is a shortage of (quaiified) labor. The whole system currently is prepped up on a service economy, where there is _never_ a shortage of labor. (No growth dynamics that are linked to 'production', or educated labor linked to innovation. (Actually the opposite. automation, digitization..)))

Also, I think I stated, that the same view (just pulling punches, and from the perspective of an international investor class) is stated in The Economist, the Financial Times, The NYT, ...

So its not 'just Varoufakis'. :) Progressive leftists have the potential of getting played here (getting a cabinet position - then not being able to act at all), then rolled over by a center push.

The democratic party is no party for the people that arent international elites, and identity politics warriors anymore. (Is projected, by pretty much everyone right now.) At least not in the current configuration.
    ---------------------------

edit: On a different note:

AOC not knowing what she is talking about, as per usual.. ;)

Why Big-City Dominance Is a Problem for Democrats
    Metro power comes with huge political and cultural drawbacks.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/11/why-big-city-dominance-problem-democrats/617161/

edit: Please dont ban me for double posting.

edit2: Lean back, easy watching version. ;)

Last edited by notimp, Nov 15, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Presidential, Election, [POLL]