ROM Hack Pokemon Save Editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wikipedia says Manaphy is also an event pokemon, have you unlocked that through Pokesav as well?

Actually I checked the details and you unlock Manaphy by completing Pokemon Ranger and then doing a link between two DSs. After the link you go to a Pokemart and a man gives you its egg.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
so which item gives you the item for the legendary pokemon on the front of the game case?

You get those by playing through the game legitimately. Here's a list of all the legendary and event pokemon.

http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/legendaries.shtml

Let me know if you figure out how to activate the Manaphy egg through Pokesav.

well... ive been playing Ranger, and think im near the end, so wen i complete it, i can do the Manaphy mission
biggrin.gif

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
I've edited my DS-X save for Diamond using latest Pokesav (v0.38b english).

Has anybody figured out how to make the save to work on the DS-X after editing it?.

I've tried to delete the save from within the game using UP+Select+B at titlescreen and being sure the EEPROM message was displayed after that before copying my edited save (to be sure the only save to read from was my edited save), but it always says the save is corrupted. I've also tried to change the ROM and save name after getting the corruption message (as suggested by thegame07)

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
I've edited my DS-X save for Diamond using latest Pokesav (v0.38b english).

Has anybody figured out how to make the save to work on the DS-X after editing it?.

I've tried to delete the save from within the game using UP+Select+B at titlescreen and being sure the EEPROM message was displayed after that before copying my edited save (to be sure the only save to read from was my edited save), but it always says the save is corrupted. I've also tried to change the ROM and save name after getting the corruption message (as suggested by thegame07)
Apperently the PKMN game uses a internal save memory. How this works i don´t know really. But, it seems like the DS-X saves the game on a diffrent part of it´s cart. Why i don´t know ask te DS-X Team. I´m pretty sure they won´t help you. But, it´s worth a try. Don´t even bother posting on there forums as they will delete your account and remove the topic in question.

If you just want a power PK you can do this.
1. Get a friend with a diffrent cart.
2.Send over your PK to him
3. let HIM edit the stats of your PK
4. Send PK back

PK = Short for Pokémon

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found something wrong with this program. It's reporting that my pokemon is of Hardy nature when it's actually Quirky nature. Luckily it didn't screw up my plans since both of them are neutral natures.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I found something wrong with this program. It's reporting that my pokemon is of Hardy nature when it's actually Quirky nature. Luckily it didn't screw up my plans since both of them are neutral natures.

Yeah, them being neutral natures, it's the same thing, maybe Pokesav interprets it differently or something.

Saosin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How does one correctly evolve a "trade only evolution" pokemon?

I.e. it should be completely transparent that I've used this editor to skip the trading part.

Flam9

Trophies
Website
flamnews.info
XP
Country
Canada
Just a theory... maybe if you edited to pokemon's OT ID and OT name, and went back ingame (maybe leveled up or something), it may level up.

Someone else also suggested you put it on GTS and pull it back out.

Or you can trade with someone.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Yeah, them being neutral natures, it's the same thing, maybe Pokesav interprets it differently or something.
It's the equivalent of the same thing but from what I've read the neutral natures are due to a nature both adding and taking away 10% of the same stat so you'd think there would be a difference there, unless the game devs were just lazy and coded them all the same.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How does one correctly evolve a "trade only evolution" pokemon?

I.e. it should be completely transparent that I've used this editor to skip the trading part.
Well wouldn't you just choose the pokemon's name under the dropdown list and then give it proper stats etc? When I made a Houndoom from scratch I just took a turtwig and tweaked it. Now you'd never know it was hacked, it says it was born in the daycare and i'm the original trainer. I decided not to use it too much in game cause its too much like cheating.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like they just have Hardy and Quirky swapped in Pokesav, I changed my pokemon to Quirky and in-game he's now Hardy. If anyone has contact with the developer can they let him know about this mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We are VR Troopers lol