PlayStation 5 Pro announced, will cost $699 / £699 / €799

It's time to see what surprise PlayStation has in store for the future, with its PS5 Technical Presentation broadcast. Will we see a PS5 Pro? Or will it be something unexpected? Find out now, because the 9-minute livestream is kicking off now. We'll be summarizing the event as it airs, to stay tuned.

Cerny kicks off by going back to the PlayStation 5's launch, detailing the hardware in the system, and how it was an improvement from the PlayStation 4. Graphics, sound, haptics.

Developers have been wanting more, though. Having to choose between fidelity and performance mode has been an issue. Performance mode has been 75% more popular.

He casually drops PS5 Pro's announcement.

A larger GPU, advanced ray tracing, AI-driven upscaling, and more.

This improves the framerate performance for current PS5 games, with higher quality graphics.

He claims it's double the power of PS5.

We get to see a showcase of better graphics and smoother framerates in first-party PS5 games.

Ray-tracing has seen a large upgrade. Better reflections, shadows, and background details.

ps5lol.png

November 7 launch, for $699.99.

Confirmed separately on the PlayStation Blog was the fact that the system will NOT be launching with a disc drive, which you'll be able to buy separately for $79.99.

Last edited by shaunj66,

gammi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, I guess maths or logic isn't your strong point - it would be $350 + your PS5 (which is worth $350), so you still end up paying out around $700 to own a box that can play the same games you can already play.
You know what I meant. It's not $700 in new cash spent, it's $350 in new cash.
The $350 on my PS5 is already spent in either case, I either have a PS5 + $350 extra cash or a PS5 Pro.

Or maybe I'll just keep my base PS5 anyway and leave it as a secondary at one of my other houses.

It is a completely different, stand alone game.
Where did they say it comes with PS5 Pro? That's what he's asking (and I'm curious too)

Reactions: wartutor

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what I meant. It's not $700 in new cash spent, it's $350 in new cash.
The $350 on my PS5 is already spent in either case, I either have a PS5 + $350 extra cash or a PS5 Pro.

Or maybe I'll just keep my base PS5 anyway and leave it as a secondary at one of my other houses.

Where did they say it comes with PS5 Pro? That's what he's asking (and I'm curious too)
That I do not know. I myself haven't seen it officially posted anywhere.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ehm someone want to tests the limit of how high the price can rise?

800€ ! This is insane.

We are coming into a region where this price is an income for a whole month for many people!
Also I got my last PS4 Pro for 99€ from Game Stop which did a special event for trading in an old PS4.
Pretty much everyone had already a PS4 so they got a PS4 Pro for cheap.

It was already very costly to buy a PS5 and I barely played with it. It is like a PS4 Pro Pro,
but nothing ground breaking when it comes to games. e.g. Switching to 31:9 on pc was ground breaking for almost all games.

I can't imagine that many people will buy this. They just loose their mind.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd think they'd announce some new games with an updated console that removes an important feature with an increased cost in the middle of a console cycle, as it stands right now there is nothing big coming as far as first party titles.

Oh sorry, I forgot they just announced Horizon Forbidden West remastered!

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people are underestimating how well this will sell. Most people probably don't care enough to comment on the price of the PS5 Pro unless they're unhappy about it, so online backlash doesn't mean much, especially when a lot of that backlash is not coming from the diehard PlayStation fans who probably make up the majority of sales on these types of premium consoles.

I might think that the PS5 Pro deserves to flop but that doesn't mean that it will.

Reactions: wartutor

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people are underestimating how well this will sell. Most people probably don't care enough to comment on the price of the PS5 Pro unless they're unhappy about it, so online backlash doesn't mean much, especially when a lot of that backlash is not coming from the diehard PlayStation fans who probably make up the majority of sales on these types of premium consoles.

I might think that the PS5 Pro deserves to flop but that doesn't mean that it will.
I know everywhere is selling out of the disc drives due to people buying them in preparation. I myself am waiting to preorder one.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
No matter how you look at it its expensive. No console should aproach a price of a PC ever imo.
Main point should be selling of games, and consoles should be devices to push those games on consumers.

Money hungry bastards. ANd on top of that they sell a fu*king stand separately and a disc drive. Its not a PC you mother*uckers!
If i want a fragmented machine id buy an actual PC.
Post automatically merged:

I can tell you right away that my friend that has money to burn told me he doesnt want to but overpriced console when there is regular version that does the same job.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

It will probably sell out. I'm waiting to see the comical price of the 30th anniversary bundle, even though no one but scalpers will get it.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter how you look at it its expensive. No console should aproach a price of a PC ever imo.
Main point should be selling of games, and consoles should be devices to push those games on consumers.

Money hungry bastards. ANd on top of that they sell a fu*king stand separately and a disc drive. Its not a PC you mother*uckers!
If i want a fragmented machine id buy an actual PC.

I can tell you right away that my friend that has money to burn told me he doesnt want to but overpriced console when there is regular version that does the same job.
I have about $3k in my gaming laptop (mind you I went a little overboard with 64gb memory and 2 4tb samsung 990 ssd drives) but I will buy the pro for the few exclusives and I buy my games for playstation due to the complete lack of collectability of PC games. Usually rebuy games for the PC that I can mod and whatever else (like baulders gate 3, divinity series, fallout. Shit like that) oh and I like my emulation on PC. Keep my collectibles as pristine as I can.

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
699 US DOLLARS!
FLIP YOUR WALLET AND ATTACK ITS WEAK POINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE.
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!

I can see this going fast by early adopters and scalpers, but dying out after the initial rush because of the price-to-value proposition.
Can you even imagine trying to scalp this? Enough will already balk at 700 USD, imagine someone telling you they'll sell you theirs for 1000. You'd have to be impressively desperate for consumption like that.

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
699 US DOLLARS!

Can you even imagine trying to scalp this? Enough will already balk at 700 USD, imagine someone telling you they'll sell you theirs for 1000. You'd have to be impressively desperate for consumption like that.
Or rich...
I bet every NFL, NBA and MLB athelete will buy one. I KNOW Lebron will buy one...

LFA_News

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
699 US DOLLARS!

People scalped the PS3, Wii and even Falcon XBOX360s, so yes, I can imagine it being scalped.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd think they'd announce some new games with an updated console that removes an important feature with an increased cost in the middle of a console cycle, as it stands right now there is nothing big coming as far as first party titles.

Oh sorry, I forgot they just announced Horizon Forbidden West remastered!

Well today they have a chance, they have a State of Play.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ps5 pro anniversary Edition is sold out and already on ebay with people asking 3k+. Fucking crazy. I would of liked to buy one from Sony though....to bad scalpers exist and companies do nothing to stop them. Gone are the days when you actually got off your fat ass and stood in line to buy a product....better days....better than this online scalping shit....

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    eReaders don't provide blue light
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know some book nerds that still love physical books some of them are actually collectable
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tbh I have not read a whole book since high school, 30+ years ago.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, reading one online feels more like reading a document or smh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Kirbydogs, How many times I have to tell y'all that we cant buy stuff online here???
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Have you tried Amazon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, thats buying online
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What about ebay
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, *facepalms*
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aliexpress?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I do read Hustler magazine tho, for the informative articles.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It has big enough pictures bigonya can understand
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, thats another online store
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some pics in there take up 2 pages also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    we still cant buy stuff online
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    rez said we can use credit cards tho but everyone in my country only uses debit cards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Debit cards are a form of credit cards tho, you can use debit cards to order stuff online just like a credit card.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Credit is a line of currency the bank loans you
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, yea but debit cards need bank accounts and our bank accounts dont support dollars
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I already said that thousands of times and yet nobody listens
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You say something?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then idk why my parents dont buy stuff online
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Maybe it's their rule and are afraid of getting information stolen
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, they know about amazon and mercado libre and that stuff so I still dont know why
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, they know about amazon and mercado libre and that stuff so I still dont know why