PlayStation will be hosting a PS5 Technical Presentation tomorrow

potato.png

A PlayStation 5 Pro might be on the way. Sony is hosting a "PlayStation 5 Technical Presentation" tomorrow, amidst rumors that have been ramping up regarding a refresh to the PlayStation 5 system. The official announcement is fairly vague, stating that the showcase will last 9 minutes, and will focus on the PS5 itself, as well as innovations in gaming technology. Mark Cerny, lead architect of the console, will host the presentation, which kicks off on September 10th at 8am PDT/4pm BST. Whatever the reveal is, you can expect to see a live coverage thread when it happens.

:arrow: Source

SylverReZ

GBATemp's Amiga Owner
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What will be shown besides the PS5 Pro :unsure::unsure:
Zero games :rofl2:

A PlayStation 5 Pro might be on the way. Sony is hosting a "PlayStation 5 Technical Presentation" tomorrow.
Might? Yesterday, Sony accidentally leaked the trailer for the PS5 Pro on YouTube before they quickly unlisted it. The trailer only runs for 12-seconds so prepare to be disappointed. It's possible that it's going to have a bigger GPU and faster RT to improve performance over the original PS5.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No stupid detachable disc drive for the PS5 Pro, be it part of the unit.

Plus, that way there's no need for online verification.

SylverReZ

GBATemp's Amiga Owner
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No stupid detachable disc drive for the PS5 Pro, be it part of the unit.
It's very misleading if they're going only with downloading games online. Always nice to own a physical copy in-case the game gets removed.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very misleading if they're going only with downloading games online. Always nice to own a physical copy in-case the game gets removed.
M$ already forces online verification for users to use their Xbox One/Series console, I think, so no surprise Sony is doing the same. Hopefully the PS5 Pro is one of Sony's last without it.

PS6 will probably have it from launch, but I hope I'm wrong.

I like getting my PlayStation consoles hacked as it allows more freedom and liberty of use.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
799,99 euro for the PS5 Pro, these guys are nutz. Sticking with my (boxed) PS5. Now to hope that an exploit is found fpr firmware 6.50 within the next two years :). By that time there should be some nice new titles out, that aren’t also out on PS4 or PC.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if you convert £699.99 it's $914, almost a grand for a dang console.

Just insane.
That's crazy and we all know most of that power will go to waste. Hell, we don't need the extra horsepower now. Studios are bitching about the price of developing games and Sony pulls this move? I swear the games industry and most gamers are daft🤦🏾‍♂️ Let's sit back and enjoy the second video games crash.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's crazy and we all know most of that power will go to waste. Hell, we don't need the extra horsepower now. Studios are bitching about the price of developing games and Sony pulls this move? I swear the games industry and most gamers are daft🤦🏾‍♂️ Let's sit back and enjoy the second video games crash.
The console design doesn't seem very compelling to me, I'd have preferred a beefy console and in black.

Sort of how they did with PS4 Pro. Instead... It just looks like PS5 Slim 2.0. 😕

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That game maybe too violent for your granny tho. Better get Barbies Dream house instead.