PlayStation 5 Pro announced, will cost $699 / £699 / €799

It's time to see what surprise PlayStation has in store for the future, with its PS5 Technical Presentation broadcast. Will we see a PS5 Pro? Or will it be something unexpected? Find out now, because the 9-minute livestream is kicking off now. We'll be summarizing the event as it airs, to stay tuned.

Cerny kicks off by going back to the PlayStation 5's launch, detailing the hardware in the system, and how it was an improvement from the PlayStation 4. Graphics, sound, haptics.

Developers have been wanting more, though. Having to choose between fidelity and performance mode has been an issue. Performance mode has been 75% more popular.

He casually drops PS5 Pro's announcement.

A larger GPU, advanced ray tracing, AI-driven upscaling, and more.

This improves the framerate performance for current PS5 games, with higher quality graphics.

He claims it's double the power of PS5.

We get to see a showcase of better graphics and smoother framerates in first-party PS5 games.

Ray-tracing has seen a large upgrade. Better reflections, shadows, and background details.

ps5lol.png

November 7 launch, for $699.99.

Confirmed separately on the PlayStation Blog was the fact that the system will NOT be launching with a disc drive, which you'll be able to buy separately for $79.99.

Last edited by shaunj66,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I built a quite better specced PC for 1400€ a year ago. I don't think one should spend that much to get PS5 Pro specs today anyway. Even so I don't think you would get the same specs as the PS5 Pro for 799€, you will have to pay some extra price. But I don't think I would spend that much in a closed system anyway, at that price point I would just pay a little extra for my freedom.

I don't think Sony realises they are killing their own market. Even if the hardware is worth this price (right now) people just won't accept that for a console. They will either just go PC or Nintendo (or both).

In my opinion this is all happening because the base PS5 is probably struggling to give a great experience for GTA 6, which they are counting on to be their killer app. That game is so anticipated that it's a console seller just on its own.

Snintendog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing a ton of people quoting the Inflation numbers. i offer the Counter point... AHEM

1. Steamdeck has better specs for lower price + portable and CLOUD LIBRARY + Emus.

2. Loss of Features. Diskdrive, Backward compat, a piece of plastic,GAMES.

3. We are in round 5 Recession not inflation. So Prices of the past in fact GO DOWN due to loss of buying power + Increase of Money gained + Extreme price hiking. So TLDR the 599$ ps3 is closer to 200$ Current day money while the PS2 299$ is closer to 400$ and the PS1 900$ The better and more stable the Economy the better its buying power regardless of price -> inflation. Straight Inflation calcs dont work once a recession hits it gets convoluted due to the now rapidly we devalue money but not devalue of the product and increase of currency The march of Fabrication costs and improvements also take precedent what would be razor edge or wire thin profits or Losses today would have been a hundred per machine back then. Old games may seem like they were more expensive but we also had a TON more extra money(buying power) per household despite even that Games were considered CHEAP to other products IE the TV in the 90s ... 40" CRT =15k 30"=5k. 25=2k, 20" was the common size at 900$ for cheap ones. Remember these were the Big ticket items then and were EXTREMELY popular. LCD was only common Late 99 onward (were pricey too but way cheaper than CRT 400 $for 20")

TLDR: Our economy is dead, the Ps5Pro is over priced, Old tech stuff cost Ludicrous amounts but were insanely cheap in the scope during the time in reference to buying power since C.O.L. was so low. They were Luxury Items inline with Cars at the bleeding edge. But well within Buy range of even the lowest paid worker at the time.

Now For something sad. Married with Children. A minimum wage worker at a shoe store got 3.80$ an hour owned 2 cars + a 2 story home + multiple 20" TVs and a 30" TV while providing for a family of 4 while paying for luxuries like PHONE LINES at rates of X per minute and was considered a poor man that will amount to nothing and dooming his children to a life just as bad as his.

Reactions: Kraken_X

AfanGotTheWiiOn26December

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
You can buy a reliable and nice car here in my currency for one PS5 pro.
If you buy two PS5 pro's, you can buy a Peugeot 307 SW. My family had that car for 10 years, it never broke down. Even the battery lasted a really long time! Until 13 years later. Then we sold it for a newer Ford. Which keeps having problems every few months.

rudras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
They should have made games, not consoles..

This gen of console is sooo done...even games start to feel too generic and soulless actually...
I really hope the switch 2 will be worth and we can all have the little fun we need with just that and our PC...

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Reason why we are putting a $700 price tag on PS5 Pro is because we need to make our money back from spending almost 9 years of development on Concord" - Sony probably
Trans Thugnificent's game wasn't cheap! Ever since he failed at selling crack, and at his UPS job, his downfall was pretty bad, and ended up in Concord.

1726264916038.png

Reactions: CoolMe

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh, I just thought of something. Maybe $ony could releae the PS5Pro with a couple of cool Switch games...?
Post automatically merged:

ppl pay 1200 for a phone that they update every year so meh lol
yeah, but they buy it on a 3 year plan subsidized heavily by the carriers... If $ony did that, maybe...?

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will buy it...hell I have already looked to try and preorder ir lol. Just want some technical specs before I actually do.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read that M$ plans on putting out a next gen console next year, and skipping a mid gen refresh all together. Not sure how true but time will tell I guess.
Edit- Been trying to find the article link, but can't find now. Will keep looking.

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: CoolMe

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read that M$ plans on putting out a next gen console next year, and skipping a mid gen refresh all together. Not sure how true but time will tell I guess.
Oh wow, it is going to be Xbox 360 again and it was head start.

It did help Xbox 360 a lot but MS wouldn't enjoy same result with next-gen Xbox again.

I do feel that next-gen Switch is going to outsell PS5, XBSX/XBSS and next-gen Xbox, so it make game developers question the more power of console = better or just waste of time.

Reactions: CoolMe and BigOnYa

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This gen is a mess. I honestly couldn't care less about the next Xbox because every game that'll be on it going to be available elsewhere, or on pc which is the best of them all. Sony atleast has some exclusives, but not enough to warrant an entire console for. Without mentioning how they'll end up on pc eventually. So no reason really
so it make game developers question the more power of console = better or just waste of time.
This. Nintendo makes games first and hardware comes second. I too would say devs lost touch when they started focusing on "realistic graphics" instead of enjoyable, innovative & solid gameplay. I take the latter over a game with ultra high realistic graphics and boring or flat out broken gameplay

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony was probably banking on Concord's success to push out the PS5 pro too. I wonder what's going through their heads now :rofl2:

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Phil Spencer did comment on that leak saying most of that info is outdated and untrue now. But yea hard to believe they could pump out next, next gen already.
Even if that info was outdated, there's no way they could speed up their time schedule to get a next-gen system out next year.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta lube up diidy to change characters +1