[Translation] Exstetra 3DS - English

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by InochiPM, May 24, 2019.

1. InochiPM
    OP

InochiPM Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2019
    United States
    Kentucky, USA
    [​IMG]
    Information
    Release Date (JP)
    : November 7, 2013
    Genre: Action role-playing game, Visual Novel
    Link: Wikipedia

Team Reve Union
    Translation:
    InochiPM
    Hacking/Programming: InochiPM - Script
    Graphics: InochiPM

[​IMG]

I started this project as a side project to Reve Unitia, The formatting of the script files is in an easy to translate format so ill be updating this thread slowly over time.
    If anyone would like to help out, currently i'm in need of a way to decompile/recompile .rtex files, the whole of the games textures are in .rtex format and i need to be able to edit the japanese then put it back in the game!
    contact me on discord if you would like to help out.

swosho, sadoku, tyrantnyx and 6 others like this.
  2. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Former Staff
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Wish I knew how or had time to offer my help, but I do want to offer my thanks. Good to see folks still working on translations like this one.

Best of luck. I'm excited to follow the project's progress.

3. Subötaï

Subötaï GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2016
    That's a good news. Have you figured out that it's possible to enable a debug menu in the game? It will ease the translation process, because you can access most of the scenes through it.

4. plug313

plug313 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2016
    I don't know how to help but I just want to say I'm super excited to be able to play this game. thank you so much for your work!

5. InochiPM
    OP

InochiPM Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2019
    United States
    Kentucky, USA
    I have no clue if i can or not, i have been searching through the files to find the dialogue that appears in the map menus but i cant seem to locate it lol
    if you know of a way to get into the debug menu then im all ears!

sadoku likes this.
  6. Subötaï

Subötaï GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2016
    For basic chapter selection menu change the 01_initial_start.nut to this. Also, there is a LOT of different test and debug scripts hidden in the game files, but to enable them many other files needed to be edited or rewritten,and I'm too lazy to do it right now.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Subötaï, Jun 2, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted