• Screenshot_20230611_121237_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20230611_121237_AliExpress.jpg
    559.1 KB · Views: 32

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Aliexpress is selling ptfe wire and using her/his mod installation as advertising picture :D
I am actually tempted.
Today i bought yellow insulated 30awg in local market. Its work, and looks beautiful. Now i am gonna buy the colorful 34awg in aliexpress :D

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
@k28 you are used to previous hwlfy mod chips (when they used to sell the good dat0) and you probably did not think to check/inspect the ones that are shipping now. Check the photo for the difference

Attachments

• oato.jpg
    oato.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230607_172143.jpg
    20230607_172143.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 21

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Can somebody recomment me a seller that sells the good ones? I always end up getting the bad ones.
I think right now everyone has these bad ones. Still can't find a reliable one form Ali.
There is one member here that made some custom ones, they have good contact point but no anchors so you need to use solder mask/glue to fix them on place.

Reactions: KingMo5h

k28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

KingMo5h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
learn reballing :-) hahahahahaha i know u guys probaly start hating my reballing comments Xd
I have the equipment but i dont want to do it :D to much efford is needed. Just sticking and adapter in it is way easier, just need to find a good one or prep the bad ones.

• Sad
Reactions: Dee87

CodyRoseman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys, today I received a switch victim of an incorrect picofly DIY installation.
I immediately identified the problem (it was very evident) as the CPU cable was shorted to ground.
The console did not turn on.
I just partially got it working again.
The current conditions are as follows:
1) The console can start hekate but it doesn't start in OFW, Nintendo appears and then black screen. To start hekate again, I have to disconnect the battery.
2) I get slow emmc error, but I think it's an EMMC hardware error, as I can backup boot0,1 and also all emmc. However, I cannot save the keys, I receive an error (photo attached).
3) I created emummc and it starts up, but it doesn't wake up from rest mode.
My question is is there any way to reset mmc? (I have a donor switch, in case I could use the mmc.)
Can I wake from sleep in emummc?
I attach all the photos.
Thanks for your support.
Try using tegraexplorer to do a systemwipe, also possibly try reflowing the emmc though I doubt that will fix anything. Try do a system restore and remove the picofly, the parasitic resistance on the clk,cmd and dat0 point might be affecting the emmc
Post automatically merged:

Before adding resistors, it should still boot into OFW or am I wrong?

In Emummc instead, once the console goes into standby, it is not possible to wake it up.

My theory is that shorting the 15 CPU wire corrupted or damaged the mmc.
Now will I try resistors first or mmc unbrick first?
If the cpu wire which comes off the gate of the mosfets is grounded the cpu is fine, if the capacitors are grounded for an extended period of time you can have issues with heat being generated under the cpu which can lead to solder pads becoming disconnected from the cpu. I've fixed a v2 that had a shorted capacitor which made the console make a crackling sound and all was solved after reflowing the cpu.

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Me and a few friends have been doing 100ohm installs on dat0/cmd lately. All switches have been working 100% in ofw, which is sometimes unstable or prone to corruption with 47ohm. I would recommend everyone to do the same. No reason to stick with 47ohm.

Attachments

• 100ohm.jpg
    100ohm.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 33

floxcap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thought I'd share here as many of you probably don't follow the mcfly thread... I've just finished testing my first batch of custom picofly boards (I'm calling it fly2040) and they work perfectly. The design is in KiCad and completely open-source.
Some benefits are:
  • Smaller than the tiny - it's 15.56mm x 18.97mm
  • Does not have a 5V -> 3.3V regulator on board.
  • Does not have a USB connector to remove.
  • Does have an on board boot button that's so small it doesn't need to be removed.
  • Has a solder jumper for an optional pull down resistor on the CPU pad (10K).
  • Has 3x 47 Ohm resistors for CLK, CMD, D0
  • Designed to be programmed with 1.27mm pogo pins clip.
  • Easily ordered from JLCPCB with assembly (JLC parts).
https://github.com/floxcap/fly2040/tree/main/pcb/fly2040_min

fly2040 (front/back) next to a zero:

PXL_20230611_091032675.MP.jpg

DaoudMalek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i want to attempt a picofly install on my switch and would like to know what kind of tips i should buy for my soldering iron and if these ones will do the job since i found them for pretty cheap
1686490246928.png

• Angry
Reactions: LogicalMadness

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...