Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

minimanimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
If u need help with ur hwfly chip use ur own thread but dont hijack a picofly cause its "basicly" the same.
Hwfly chips are not supported in this thread its been explained probally 1000 times.

why dont u ask ur chip supplier for help since he created and send it out preflashed ? so he should do ur support

since u have ur own thread use that thread ....................

Dude, calm down. The HwFly Rp2040 is basically picofly, it's the HwFly clone and have this firmware: https://github.com/Ansem-SoD/Picofly/tree/main

That's why I've asked in this thread. Also, even if I opened my thread, I have been asking to ask my question in the main thread.

Forward this message to your hwfly seller. They're way more helpful than this thread. Trust me. You'll be up and running in no time.

Hi @Takezo-San, I have tried too but no answer so far. Anyway, I am asking also here because looks like my issue is with hardware, because also removing the modchip, desoldering everything and putting back the emmc in original slot I have the black screen. I am trying to figure out what is wrong.
Thanks!

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dude, calm down. The HwFly Rp2040 is basically picofly, it's the HwFly clone and have this firmware:
That is excactly the point. its a Hwfly rp2040
they sell a "stolen" idea made possible from the community , use the community made Firmware and make a good amount of money off of it where the havent done any work and just preflash the boards with the firmware.

if they sell a set for 20 bucks they make 15 bucks of of the customer and give no support.

instead of the hwfly chip owners with issue create there own thread and wait to get a answer they come here.

its not the same board and not officialy supported by the firmware so if u have issue just ask ur seller or create ur own thread....

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Good Morning Guys.

Im try recover this oled clk point. in order for the switch to boots normally, it is necessary that the point is connected? If so, I think this board has salvation. Currently this is a console with a completely removed rp2040 that does not turn on. Just black screen.

WIN_20230723_09_51_11_Pro.jpg

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Good Morning Guys.

Im try recover this oled clk point. in order for the switch to boots normally, it is necessary that the point is connected? If so, I think this board has salvation. Currently this is a console with a completely removed rp2040 that does not turn on. Just black screen.

View attachment 384644
Yes, connect the via back to the trace
1690132700018.png

Last edited by jkyoho,
Reactions: Mr Skinner

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Dude, calm down. The HwFly Rp2040 is basically picofly, it's the HwFly clone and have this firmware: https://github.com/Ansem-SoD/Picofly/tree/main

That's why I've asked in this thread. Also, even if I opened my thread, I have been asking to ask my question in the main thread.

Hi @Takezo-San, I have tried too but no answer so far. Anyway, I am asking also here because looks like my issue is with hardware, because also removing the modchip, desoldering everything and putting back the emmc in original slot I have the black screen. I am trying to figure out what is wrong.
Thanks!
Wish I could help but hwfly is not my area of expertise

Reactions: minimanimo

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

Thanks!
No one in here have the schematic of those hwfly board. While waveshare has shared every doc they could.
If i take a guess, i am afraid it will lead to another bigger problem. Thats why i don't comment on it.

Your problem is the famous black screen.

First it could be the backlight is not turn on, usually problem lay on the fpc/ppc broken of the lcd/oled. The indication usually the sound still heard means the hos running fine, its just dont shows up in the lcd. But if you have the dock, you could route it to external monitor as ususal for v1,v2,oled

The other is the non lcd problem, which is the cpu halted because some problem has been detected. Reading you said the error of cmd1, i am sure this is the most probable one. The cpu detect something wrong, and halt the process. In normal flow the cpu should request the cmd1.

I am taking note for every report in here, the problem might occur because the emmc disconnected, could be the clk/cmd/dat0 destroyed, so the cpu can't access the emmc.

Also could be one of the trace to the dram is disonnected e.g. by scratching when cut the shield off, thats why i advise don't cut the shield, the risk is greater than what the advantageous its offered.

Also might occured because of corrupted data on the emmc, its might happened because of the dat0 adapter on oled bridge with the dat1 pin.

Also could be happened if the cmd pullup resistor in the motherboard broken.

Reactions: Switxh

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Just a quick question. If I get this error:
*=* No eMMC block 0 read (eMMC init failure?)

Should it be able to boot into OFW? Or black screen?

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hello. Just a quick question. If I get this error:
*=* No eMMC block 0 read (eMMC init failure?)

Should it be able to boot into OFW? Or black screen?
To give a context about the error.
Everytime the cpu booted up, its always initialize the emmc.
You could say Its the normal flow of the nvidia boot process.

You could imagine it analogue to the desktop pc with its BIOS.
The BIOS will make initialization on the hardware their gonna use, such as memory, hardrive, usb, etc.

If the picofly doesn't detect any initialization on the emmc.
I tend to assume its the installation connection which is the problem, such as cmd/clk/dat0.
So the sniffing of the communication failed, because an unstable connection.
Rather to think the probability such that the source might broken such as the cpu.

Analogue to the desktop cpu, when the bios failed to initialize for example the dram, usually the computer will halted with some morse beeping sound. In here its that famous blue screen, black screen purple screen, etc.

So if after the error *=* you goes straight to the ofw that means highly probable that your connection cmd/clk/dat0 is unstable. or the picofly are broken.

Last edited by abal1000x,
Reactions: Hadobedo

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To give a context about the error.
Everytime the cpu booted up, its always initialize the emmc.
You could say Its the normal flow of the nvidia boot process.

You could imagine it analogue to the desktop pc with its BIOS.
The BIOS will make initialization on the hardware their gonna use, such as memory, hardrive, usb, etc.

If the picofly doesn't detect any initialization on the emmc.
I tend to assume its the installation connection which is the problem, such as cmd/clk/dat0.
So the sniffing of the communication failed, because an unstable connection.
Rather to think the probability such that the source might broken such as the cpu.

Analogue to the desktop cpu, when the bios failed to initialize for example the dram, usually the computer will halted with some morse beeping sound. In here its that famous blue screen, black screen purple screen, etc.

So if after the error *=* you goes straight to the ofw that means highly probable that your connection cmd/clk/dat0 is unstable. or the picofly are broken.
Thank you, You're very scientific about this. Appreciate it! <3

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
The green dat0 chip and with this tool can backup mmc data befor add dat0 adapter coz it can soldring wier under other side of this green dat0 chip... Every people damge oled console clk short or bad dat0 adapter... If that can happend like wiiu nand backup hardmod.

Attachments

• -834453660-1176010491.jpg
    -834453660-1176010491.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_٢٠٢٣٠٧٢٣_٢٣٤٦٢٢.png
    IMG_٢٠٢٣٠٧٢٣_٢٣٤٦٢٢.png
    315.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Haha
Reactions: LogicalMadness

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
The green dat0 chip and with this tool can backup mmc data befor add dat0 adapter coz it can soldring wier under other side of this green dat0 chip... Every people damge oled console clk short or bad dat0 adapter... If that can happend like wiiu nand backup hardmod.
Search "BGA153 programmer". Ton of solution.

Reactions: Danook28

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
These are back in stock (I dont know how many) https://www.tindie.com/products/ignas/emmc-reader-for-hac-emmc/
just an update for some of you who wanted to buy this before but it was sold out.
Also, for those of you who worry about thermal issues after removing the red paste and replacing it with normal one, I just got my hands on this https://amzn.eu/d/adkUgpn and it's great stuff, never seen something like this before. (thanks @vagenam for this)
Wow these look good. Have you tried these? The emmc reader looks super useful.

Reactions: Danook28

minimanimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles

I bought it too this afternoon for my issue, I hope it arrives quickly but people says 2-3 weeks :cry:
What I don't like is that there is only one shipping method and is not tracked, this is very annoying.

It is supposed to be able to write too, right?

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I did not have a chance to try the emmc reader. There is a copy version in aliexpress which cost a bit more but it's based on this one so I thought I post the original here in case someone has a need for it (and the money goes to the original developer).
The thermal putty i just got 2 days ago and it's a perfect replacement for the pink stuff ninty uses between the copper heat pipe and the back shield where using the normal thermal paste creates quite a mess. You can also find it in different packages with better prices on amazon but this was the most practical in my opinion.
Post automatically merged:

I bought it too this afternoon for my issue, I hope it arrives quickly but people says 2-3 weeks :cry:
What I don't like is that there is only one shipping method and is not tracked, this is very annoying.

It is supposed to be able to write too, right?
This one works just as well if you want to give it a try https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqzUgFy

Last edited by QuiTim,
Reactions: Takezo-San

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I did not have a chance to try the emmc reader. There is a copy version in aliexpress which cost a bit more but it's based on this one so I thought I post the original here in case someone has a need for it (and the money goes to the original developer).
The thermal putty i just got 2 days ago and it's a perfect replacement for the pink stuff ninty uses between the copper heat pipe and the back shield where using the normal thermal paste creates quite a mess. You can also find it in different packages with better prices on amazon but this was the most practical in my opinion.
Post automatically merged:

This one works just as well if you want to give it a try https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqzUgFy
There's a already a member here that sell these and I believe its cheaper. He also provides a fixture for rebelled BGA.

• Love
Reactions: QuiTim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @cearp, Sup