XP
Country
Canada
I got fked by New chip Store on Ali - here's what they listed:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005667369490.html

1690209988688.png

And here's what they sent me:

1690210004483.png

What the hell, these couldn't be the furthest thing from one another... And they're unwilling to refund.

There's a new hwfly store selling the ones that look good, but we don't like supporting hwfly here, so I'm not sure which seller is legit for these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005674625886.html but store opened May 18, 2023, so not even sure it's legit.

Last edited by Endracion,
Reactions: Danook28

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

View attachment 384824

View attachment 384825

What the hell, these couldn't be the furthest thing from one another... And they're unwilling to refund.

There's a new hwfly store selling the ones that look good, but we don't like supporting hwfly here, so I'm not sure which seller is legit for these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005674625886.html but store opened May 18, 2023, so not even sure it's legit.
all i can say is stop wasting ur money on dat0 adapter , get a reballing stencil and learn how to reball B-)

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Right, never been so pissed off in my life! Got a new switch lite. used aon7518 and 2.73fw. got ==*. ok check the mosfet. Added more solder to the cap and mosfet connection. Put it back together. Success. Fast glitch. Pico logo. Test 3 more times to confirm. Great all works. Took off the battery and connector to resolder some joints on the pico board to make it look neater. 2mins later put the battery and connector back and no boot. No logo. Nothing!!!!! Nothing! WTF!? Took off everything mod related. Still dead. No OFW. How is this even happening!? doesn't make sense!?

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Right, never been so pissed off in my life! Got a new switch lite. used aon7518 and 2.73fw. got ==*. ok check the mosfet. Added more solder to the cap and mosfet connection. Put it back together. Success. Fast glitch. Pico logo. Test 3 more times to confirm. Great all works. Took off the battery and connector to resolder some joints on the pico board to make it look neater. 2mins later put the battery and connector back and no boot. No logo. Nothing!!!!! Nothing! WTF!? Took off everything mod related. Still dead. No OFW. How is this even happening!? doesn't make sense!?
did u maybe short something?

maybe bridge something on the caps near the back mosfet install?

Endracion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all i can say is stop wasting ur money on dat0 adapter , get a reballing stencil and learn how to reball B-)
I mean yes lol, I guess that's where I should end up, but that's what I have to work with currently, I have the tools, just missing the paste and stencil I suppose.

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What solder station you use?

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I mean yes lol, I guess that's where I should end up, but that's what I have to work with currently, I have the tools, just missing the paste and stencil I suppose.
then order the stancil and paste and learn it its really not hard trust me i did my first reball on my oled and it worked on the first go, never had an issue with my permanent dat0 install.
neather have my costumers never complained all are happy, a few of them had hwflys installed befor then sent them to me cause they where having issue i put a permanent dat0 adapter in and a picofly and everyone was happy

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
did u maybe short something?

maybe bridge something on the caps near the back mosfet install?
no bridge. nothing. otherwise it would not have glitced and showed pico success logo? Never had a problem with any other switch version but for some reason its the lite. only had once success install with lite but like 3 failures including this. and both similiar where it would glitch and then no boot? honestly don't know whats going on

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
NO backlight? check max77812 surrounding voltages

Reactions: Dee87

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no bridge. nothing. otherwise it would not have glitced and showed pico success logo? Never had a problem with any other switch version but for some reason its the lite. only had once success install with lite but like 3 failures including this. and both similiar where it would glitch and then no boot? honestly don't know whats going on
im talking about after u resolderd ur points thats where something had to go wrong

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
im talking about after u resolderd ur points thats where something had to go wrong
it was only 2 points on the pico board that i added some flux and rounded off the solder joints. They weren't touching in the first place but it was a cosmetic touch up. and thats it. took the board off after it didn't work to check everything else for bridges or anything out of the ordinary and nothing. no ofw

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it's a switch lite, I would check the daughter board connector that sits on top of the battery connector. It is VERY sensitive to having its pins dislodged/bent and several times people have messed up modding their switch lite by screwing up this connector. The console still glitches, still technically powers on, but no screen comes on.

Reactions: Dee87

Switxh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since it's a switch lite, I would check the daughter board connector that sits on top of the battery connector. It is VERY sensitive to having its pins dislodged/bent and several times people have messed up modding their switch lite by screwing up this connector. The console still glitches, still technically powers on, but no screen comes on.
Every Lite I have done, every time I reconnect the battery, I connect that FPC cable FIRST. I saw a video by Tronicsfix and he said that if you plug the battery in, then plug the FPC in after there is a chance you can blow the backlight. It's a little tricky at first but you have to plug the FPC connector in, then align the battery connector and gently press on the top of it through the ribbon cable to connect it.

I've only done 6 Lites but I have a personal Lite that I have done a lot of work on and taken apart many times and I have never had an issue with them randomly dying. I think Tronicfix is right in what he says about the way you connect the battery.

Reactions: QuiTim

trippy86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting ready to fit a picofly into a v2 switch but I'm not sure how to wire it as I've seen 2 different methods

I've seen the guide which shows the points on the main board but I've also seen videos of people soldering wires to the small removable memory module

Which is the best way going forward with this install?

Thanks for the help

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm getting ready to fit a picofly into a v2 switch but I'm not sure how to wire it as I've seen 2 different methods

I've seen the guide which shows the points on the main board but I've also seen videos of people soldering wires to the small removable memory module

Which is the best way going forward with this install?

Thanks for the help
i always install the wires to the conector of the emmc , but if u dont have soldering experience i wouldnt do that , just use the board points so u can remove the emmc if u ever have to, otherwise ur gonna have to remove all the wires in case u need to remove the emmc

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 384824

View attachment 384825

I bought from that exact store you linked, they seem legit. Here's how they look like:

Dee's advice is solid though, this is the last time I'm buying these adaptors, I've ordered a full emmc reballing kit and I'm doing it the right way.

Attachments

• IMG_8368.JPG
    IMG_8368.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8369.JPG
    IMG_8369.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: raksmey1231

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users