Homebrew RELEASE pFBA: final burn alpha

Connorsdad

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a hell of a time getting pFBA to recognize my Genesis ROMs. I have the full no-intro romset for Genesis and I've tried putting them in the "roms" folder with no success. I've also tried putting them in /switch/pfba/roms/megadrive with no success. I've tried unzipping them with no success. I've tried leaving them zipped with no success. They are in .md format. They are named properly. But they just don't work.

Can I get some help?

Post the name of a rom you're using here including the file extension, exactly as it is in your folder and we can see if it's named correctly.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm having a hell of a time getting pFBA to recognize my Genesis ROMs. I have the full no-intro romset for Genesis and I've tried putting them in the "roms" folder with no success. I've also tried putting them in /switch/pfba/roms/megadrive with no success. I've tried unzipping them with no success. I've tried leaving them zipped with no success. They are in .md format. They are named properly. But they just don't work.

Can I get some help?
First, the folder is "/switch/pfba/megadriv" (like FBA). And you need the FBA megadrive ROMs.

zingers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the .42 set currently and the emulator appears to work great as a whole I presume the joycons are not mapped correctly for those particular games? Also though if I choose just sg1000 the emulator just freezes if I use SXOS I have to hard reset if I load hetake from boot other payload I can still use the home button and carry on. Is there are bios rom I could be missing?

Great emulator btw just a few niggles

Connorsdad

Trophies
XP
Country
My pictures ain't showing up .. is anyone else got there pictures showing up ..

Earlier version of pfba with the seperate system folders will work with previews using prefix such as md_

The latest version of pfba needs to have the prefix removed to show the previews but this creates a problem with some games because the same game is available on multiple systems, once you remove the prefix you're left with romname.png

Eg
2020bb.png (Neo geo arcade preview)
md_2020bb.png (mega drive preview)

You can't remove the prefix because the file name is already taken for the arcade version.

Dev has said this is fixed in the nest release.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, just release pFBA 1.57 with a lot of changes. Be sure to read the changelog and the updated readme located at https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pfba to take note of the changes (for example the button combos, titles/previews/icons support etc.)

Also, i took some time to update the readme (i hate doing readme's), so please if i forgot some important things to be added just report this here (or do a github PR if you know how this works). Thanks !

pFBA 1.57:
  • change ui font
  • change buttons configuration (see readme at https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pfba)
  • add possibility to display icons (32x32 png in the "icons" folder). Can be enabled or disable from pFBA options menu (slow loading time if lot of icons on switch)
  • add titles images support in the "titles" folder (used by default, press L/R to show preview image)
  • fix consoles titles/previews/icons not using consoles prefix
  • fix per rom config applied to all roms
  • fix saves states message box buttons visibility bug
  • switch: fix crash in point scaling + fullscreen (point scaling limited to 1x, 2x and 3x scaling)
  • switch: fix a random crash after multiple rom loading
  • switch: update button icons, add LSTICK/RSTICK icons
  • switch: add single joycon mode: enable SINGLE_JOYCONS in option
  • switch: fix (+) and (-) keys inverted in config menu
  • and more untracked changes... (to enhance the user’s experience...)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, just release pFBA 1.57 with a lot of changes. Be sure to read the changelog and the updated readme located at https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pfba to take note of the changes (for example the button combos, titles/previews/icons support etc.)

Also, i took some time to update the readme (i hate doing readme's), so please if i forgot some important things to be added just report this here (or do a github PR if you know how this works). Thanks !

pFBA 1.57:
  • change ui font
  • change buttons configuration (see readme at https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pfba)
  • add possibility to display icons (32x32 png in the "icons" folder). Can be enabled or disable from pFBA options menu (slow loading time if lot of icons on switch)
  • add titles images support in the "titles" folder (used by default, press L/R to show preview image)
  • fix consoles titles/previews/icons not using consoles prefix
  • fix per rom config applied to all roms
  • fix saves states message box buttons visibility bug
  • switch: fix crash in point scaling + fullscreen (point scaling limited to 1x, 2x and 3x scaling)
  • switch: fix a random crash after multiple rom loading
  • switch: update button icons, add LSTICK/RSTICK icons
  • switch: add single joycon mode: enable SINGLE_JOYCONS in option
  • switch: fix (+) and (-) keys inverted in config menu
  • and more untracked changes... (to enhance the user’s experience...)
Guess that / in (+/-) means OR, not AND, right?
Great update. Thank you so much.

Lineacero

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
cpasjuste fantastic work my friend, great effort for you, we hope the update psvita friend Thank you
:): hrth::grog:: yaypsp:

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gave 1.57 a quick test.

First off the single/double joycon support is great, cannot fault it. However, I'm getting sound issues consistently with MegaDrive/Master System games (FW 5.1, Using SX OS 1.2). Reverted back to pFBA 1.55 just to make sure and the issue went away

Last edited by Ty_,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, LOL. Its very sunny, what are you on about?