P3GO GT-Break unit shipped out with a trojan on it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Gman 101 said:
Solution: Get Windows 7

Autorun does not work unless done by disc media such as CDs and DVDs.

Simple.
I don't know about launching programs, but autorun.inf files ARE read and you can at least use them to set custom icons for drives. I haven't tried anything else, but autorun itself is not disabled.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
They usually run rampant in school systems, where people are constantly plugging drives in. One person's drive has an infection, and it quickly spreads to other drives and then other computers.
my school recently cracked down on usb drives, we're no longer allowed to bring them to school and plug them into computers anywhere, not the teachers or in the computer labs

really pisses me off

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
Rydian said:
They usually run rampant in school systems, where people are constantly plugging drives in. One person's drive has an infection, and it quickly spreads to other drives and then other computers.
my school recently cracked down on usb drives, we're no longer allowed to bring them to school and plug them into computers anywhere, not the teachers or in the computer labs

really pisses me off
Wow, the techs they hired must really suck.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Terminator02 said:
Rydian said:

really pisses me off
Wow, the techs they hired must really suck.
I agree, that sounds like a simple enough problem to fix.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Yar, it's gotta' be pretty aggravating having to deal with techs that take those kinds of measures.

it's probably because the only people who get hired these days are people who don't know how to do their job properly.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Gman 101 said:
Solution: Get Windows 7

Autorun does not work unless done by disc media such as CDs and DVDs.

Simple.
I don't know about launching programs, but autorun.inf files ARE read and you can at least use them to set custom icons for drives. I haven't tried
anything else, but autorun itself is not disabled.

autorun.inf isn't read upon insertion. Otherwise I would've had many many viruses put onto my laptops. Basically this was one of the major overhauls of the autorun system made by Microsoft upon release of Windows 7. Can't remember which Build this was introduced in but it was quite genius. Oddly though, I have never seen a flash drive have a custom icon and only with disc drives.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Gman 101 said:
autorun.inf isn't read upon insertion. Otherwise I would've had many many viruses put onto my laptops. Basically this was one of the major overhauls of the autorun system made by Microsoft upon release of Windows 7. Can't remember which Build this was introduced in but it was quite genius. Oddly though, I have never seen a flash drive have a custom icon and only with disc drives.
Bullshit, autorun.inf is read and applied on Windows 7.

Autorun can do more than just launch programs, read more of my post please. I don't know if ti can still launch programs on Windows 7, but it CAN still do other things, such as set an icon for a flash drive (its what I use it for).

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they addressed this in yesterdays update

QUOTE said:
Recently we’ve told that some customers have found that there were trojans in our few products, we are seriously concerned about this. We now make our efforts to find the reasons. In order to control the quality of our products, we have 3 strict testing procedures.
1. Before assemble the shell, connect to PC to copy related materials, meanwhile test the basic functions of PS3O.
2. After assemble the shell, connect to PC again, and test the basic functions again.
3. The engineering department will make quality inspection and test to random 20% products, including connect to the PC and check the basic functions.

Through the above procedures, we can make sure 98% of our products are qualified in our factory. However, we still require our dealers to test again, especially to those products which sell to the retail users, we want to ensure 100% OK.

From the above procedures, we can find that there are at least 4 times to connect to PC, three times in the factory and one time in our dealer(May be). The computer in our factory will recover to the original system when shut down, so the chance of infected in the factory is minimized. The rest procedures are carried out in the engineering department and our dealers, so probably it may be infected in these two procedures, while we do not know their computer.

No matter what happened, we are really sorry to bring our customers in to the confusion, we will try our best to make improvement to avoid such problems happen again. And we really hope all of you can support our GTEAM.

In addition, we have found that some small workshop copy our G-SWITCH power switch. Although the appearance is same, the quality is very poor. The real products were adopted fireproofing materials; the service life is more than 50 thousand. While the copy one all adopt the common materials, it is very easy to catch fire, and destroy the power module, please fix your attention on this, meanwhile we will open a crackdown on counterfeit goods special column.
tl;dr
its not their fault either retailers or users computer
and someone has cloned their g-switch and is selling them and could cause a fire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    oh right diddy
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    i saw that from penguiz0's video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The video that I linked is more in depth. If you enjoy watching a one hour video.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night btw
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    @SylverReZ like a hour long? that's a bit way too long but it depends, i have seem 1 hour long videos
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    i have a fucked attention span and somehow i can watch those videos
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its almost 11:30 pm and I should go to sleep c ya
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Goodnight
    +1
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    @Xdqwerty Goodnight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My Zelda character burned dinner and Link came home drunk and was pissed, slapped me, so I'm packing my bags and going to my sisters house. This game is crazy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So these sound core a20is pretty good bass boost is stronger than I thought
    +1
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    i downloaded echoes of the wisdom
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    nintendo will sue me but i don't care
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sure you're on Nintendos hit list
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    When you play it, don't burn the dinner or Link will go apeshit.
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    @K3Nv3 i don't give a shiet
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    nintendo ninjas can't with my fists
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not on v3 yet
    +2
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    oh wait
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    yeah i need to get more anti sleep drugs
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    sorry
  • Michael-MSL @ Michael-MSL:
    good evening and morning
  • P @ placez:
    cant get my mig switch to work still getting cannot read files, after the light blinks
  • S @ shezagamer:
    heyyyyyyyyy
    S @ shezagamer: heyyyyyyyyy