Homebrew NTRView - Stream your 3DS on your Wii U

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I run the 3DS first because the Wii U needs to have the 3DS ready to connect to it, at least I think but I could try the opposite way around too...

You don't, you can press left analog to set the IP and you can exit that setting with B, I think that when it says Connected you can press B and the stream should start!
should have said press B when it connected darn it! :):wacko:

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i
Yes you have to exit the IP setting mode and return to normal Gamepad view! ^_^ If your problem is just that, you probably succeeded! :grog:
just did it successed but cant use gamepad to move around should be in ini something like that. the screen needs to be resize it and it is flicking. also it frozen when i start the game.

Last edited by FanNintendo,

Steah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i
just did it successed but cant use gamepad to move around should be in ini something like that. the screen needs to be resize it and it is flicking

:) Yor are close to the end I think, to use the Gamepad as a controller there should be the Input Redirection option inside Rosalina Menu under Miscellaneous!

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I even asked in the comments about my problem... He is good but doesn't go in-depth with configurations and potential problems...
Still couldnt figure out how do with the Gamepad but i can adjust the screen on gamepad but i would love to ask @QuarkTheAwesome for the guide and the tutorial more specific how to do.

Reactions: Steah

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thoughts from last time someone asked me about the USB boards: https://github.com/yawut/ntrview-wiiu/issues/1#issuecomment-850029894

the key issue is, I know of maybe 4 people who could theoretically attempt IOSU-side work to make something like that happen, but none of them have access to one of these cards, and even if they did, the number of users who also have that is so miniscule as to make it not really worth the effort (compared to the similar amount of work needed for e.g. UDS)

Juicy 3ds capture info:

hello did you create this ntr view for 3ds and wii U ? if so could you please try to tutorial us how to play on wii u gamepad connect to 3DS. I have N3DSXL and im aware that O3DS might not successful

Steah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
:unsure: Meanwhile I got it working for a matter of seconds and the quality of graphics was awful... Let alone the framerate that I expected it was bad but the graphics.............. :blink::wtf:

It went below SNES level... I even have a device to put between cables that generates Scanlines I use with older consoles and even with the thickest Scanlines there were still visible pixels............ :mellow:

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:unsure: Meanwhile I got it working for a matter of seconds and the quality of graphics was awful... Let alone the framerate that I expected it was bad but the graphics.............. :blink::wtf:

It went below SNES level... I even have a device to put between cables that generates Scanlines I use with older consoles and even with the thickest Scanlines there were still visible pixels............ :mellow:
has to adjust with jpegQuality in ntrview.ini check this out - https://github.com/yawut/ntrview-wiiu
its awful than using UWPstreamer on pc :(

Last edited by FanNintendo,

Steah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
has to adjust with jpegQuality in ntrview.ini check this out - https://github.com/yawut/ntrview-wiiu
its awful than using UWPstreamer on pc

;) Thanks, I could try, of course assuming I will make it stream long enough to make it worth the effort... Basically, I can only make it work in the connection setting while it is connecting, but in a few seconds the IP gets messed up and the stream ends....... :unsure:

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
;) Thanks, I could try, of course assuming I will make it stream long enough to make it worth the effort... Basically, I can only make it work in the connection setting while it is connecting, but in a few seconds the IP gets messed up and the stream ends....... :unsure:
How about Wii U moonlight? Someone success playing switch on Wii U by moonlight also playing GTA V on pc. I just ask around

Steah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

:lol: I surrendered and bought a 3DS with Loopy Capture Card installed, I'm waiting for the shipping............ I will have to at least make the Input Redirection work to play with a controller and I can't make it work with my current 3DS (neither with my regular modem or the dedicated LAN one), just to mention.......:lol: I will need your help...

But..... I know there is a software to use Loopy card on PC to receive the stream and manage the settings and I was wondering................

With the Capture Card it would be possible to stream to the Wii U if they would program the viewer as an homebrew for Wii U, has anyone worked on it? The dream of upper screen-TV/lower screen-Gamepad may be possible with the Capture Card!

Last edited by Steah,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if they would program the viewer as an homebrew for Wii U, has anyone worked on it? The dream of upper screen-TV/lower screen-Gamepad may be possible with the Capture Card!
AFAIK nobody worked on this, esp as hardware decoding wasn't available untill some months ago. The developer who implemented hardware decoding is @GaryOderNichts but as you see we don't even have a video player homebrew for the Wii U yet. Also developers wanting to implement this would need such a capture card in the first place. That said some dev might implement what you want but it might take years and I wouldn't bet on it.

Steah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
AFAIK nobody worked on this, esp as hardware decoding wasn't available untill some months ago. The developer who implemented hardware decoding is @GaryOderNichts but as you see we don't even have a video player homebrew for the Wii U yet. Also developers wanting to implement this would need such a capture card in the first place. That said some dev might implement what you want but it might take years and I wouldn't bet on it.

Well, my idea wasn't so unrealistic after all... :) The viewer program is there for everyone, the Capture Card is more rare but it's possible to still find both Katsukity and Loopy and a dev needs to get one of them or both downloading the respective players, working at a PC-Wii U porting of the software... It might happen someday... Just like with NTRviewer that a Wii U version has been done, it might be possible even with the internal Capture Cards for the 3DS, connecting the 3DS to the Wii U via USB like it's done with the PC, the sole real difference would be the matter of the lower screen displayed on the Gamepad...

The Loopy softwere already can stream the two screens in two separate screens...

10.jpg

The real problem of the Gamepad would be the controls... The Gamepad is an extension of the Wii U, not even a different device, on that side it should be simple like it's done with NTR viewer, but the controls would need some form of input redirection possibly via network as it is with NTRviewer, I doubt it could be done by direct Wi-Fi comunication between 3DS and Wii U or by other means besides network... If I'm not mistaking neither the 3DS nor the Wii U have a Bluetooth device that can be often used to assign controllers and could work in this situation...

Reactions: Moon164

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny