Homebrew NTRView - Stream your 3DS on your Wii U

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is NOT my homebrew, I came across this on the WiiUHacks subreddit, but for whatever reason, it never appeared to get posted here, and I'm certain some people here would be interested in this. All credit to @QuarkTheAwesome Project here: https://github.com/yawut/ntrview-wiiu

Basically it just allows you to stream your own hacked 3DS (believe it needs to be a New model, but don't quote me on that) on your hacked Wii U via NTRcfw on 3DS. Sound will never be transmittable through the Wii U, so you'll still have to get your sound through the 3DS. Quality of the stream is what you'd expect if you've ever streamed your 3DS to your PC with Snickerstream, so don't expect it to perform flawlessly.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's only the top screen as of now
From a quick look the codes seem almost ready to show the second sceen. The reason it's not yet implemented is probably some issue with SDL.

you can't use the Wii U to control it
Don't have the time to look deeper right now but from my quick look there are no preperation codes for that.
Sound however will never be transmittable through the Wii U
Do you know the reason for this, i.E. is NTR CFW not sending the sound, so it doesn't work with Snickerstream, too?

Do you have a link to the reddit post? Don't worry if not, I'll search it later for myself. Just really have no time now.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a quick look the codes seem almost ready to show the second sceen. The reason it's not yet implemented is probably some issue with SDL.

Don't have the time to look deeper right now but from my quick look there are no preperation codes for that.

Do you know the reason for this, i.E. is NTR CFW not sending the sound, so it doesn't work with Snickerstream, too?

Do you have a link to the reddit post? Don't worry if not, I'll search it later for myself. Just really have no time now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WiiUHacks/...ew_a_ntr_cfw_screen_streaming_client_for_wii/

Reactions: V10lator

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is incredible, I will finally be able to play my 3DS on TV using my Wii U, I have always thought of something like this since 2013.

I was never able to use NTRView on the PC, I hope I have better chances on the Wii U, I hope it works with the Old 3DS.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is incredible, I will finally be able to play my 3DS on TV using my Wii U, I have always thought of something like this since 2013.

I was never able to use NTRView on the PC, I hope I have better chances on the Wii U, I hope it works with the Old 3DS.
It doesn't off of right now... could be possible but might be janky as all hell.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Snickerstream, kit kat, UWPstream all works

Last edited by FanNintendo,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tested without the Input Redirection Client-Qt for Window just straight between Wii U and N3DSXL on 58" screen the view is blurry same as the other streams for pc . it ran little increase better i guess I'd say it is no big different maybe i didnt do right and still working on config.ini to adjust the screen. Also Couldnt get Wii U Pro controller to play so use 3DS as Contoller though for now. i have tested both NTRview v.0.1 and v.0.2 they both are about same. I dont see the post how to do and will try again later when have time

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tested without the Input Redirection Client-Qt for Window just straight between Wii U and N3DSXL on 58" screen the view is blurry same as the other streams for pc . it ran little increase better i guess I'd say it is no big different maybe i didnt do right and still working on config.ini to adjust the screen. Also Couldnt get Wii U Pro controller to play so use 3DS as Contoller though for now. i have tested both NTRview v.0.1 and v.0.2 they both are about same. I dont see the post how to do and will try again later when have time

As explained, input through Wii U controls isn't implemented yet, but he intends to add it in a future release. And also as I mentioned, streaming is like Snickerstream or Kitkat, if you've used those before you should know what to expect here, it's not perfect, but it works, and it shows promise for the future.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A Old 3DS.

Have any chance of being compatible with Old 3DS in the future ?, maybe using HZMod?
I did some digging around and someone did in fact managed to get streaming to work from old 3ds to pc... but its absolutely janky as all hell with a fps average of 21 or so.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made an installable channel for NTRView 0.2 (it's name is just Nintendo 3DS, this is to make it uniform with other emulator and launcher channels on my Wii U, you can easily change this though if you'd prefer through ftpiiu), it needs to be installed to the USB drive, it will not load if installed to the NAND, this is just something that happens when you make .rpx homebrew into channels through nuspacker for whatever reason. It is not a forwarder, I tried to make it a forwarder through the haxchi method, but that method only works for .elf homebrew, consequently if you booted the forwarder it made, it'd only bring you to the homebrew launcher. So this seems to be the best I can do for getting a quick launch channel on the home menu. I'll try and make a new channel for every update this app might see.

You still need to put the ntrview.ini file inside sd:/wiiu/apps/ntrview/ntrview.ini though being as its not a forwarder, you don't need the .rpx file in the folder.

HwUgw90.png
5Vo7ai4.png

https://www22.zippyshare.com/v/PExeaFrK/file.html

Also note, when you boot the channel the boot sound will loop endlessly, since the 3DS can't transmit the audio as it is, you can choose to mute it, or you can hit home on the gamepad and then hit resume, and the sound will then stop.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over