Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I tried those settings and I still can't boot from IOS 249. Maybe there's something wrong with the d2x installer

Thank you.:)

Maybe it is some other Thing too...
Do you have the Chance to try another HDD (SATA or IDE) and/or HDD Enclosure.
Maybe the Controller in the SSD Enclosure is not 100 Percent compatible with the Wii/USB Loaders.
I have this Thoughts because you have Issues with all 3 Loaders.:(

Only a Thought...
Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I tried those settings and I still can't boot from IOS 249. Maybe there's something wrong with the d2x installer

Just Dance 2 NTSC with USBLoader GX:

Black Screen with Error Message:

P1360256.JPG

It works after Change

- Video Mode to "System Default".
- Dol Video Patch "OFF"
- Sneek Video Patch "OFF"
- VIDTV Patch "OFF"
- Patch Country strings "OFF"
- Block IOS Reload "ON"
(It is possible that you do not need ALL Settings to change)

After the Safety & Health Screen it takes 15-16 Seconds then the UBI Soft Screen appears.

With the Configurable USBLoader it works without any Changes.:)

- Just Dance 2015 NTSC - Black Screen on the First Try.
Changed:
- Video Mode "Force NTSC"
- Game Language "English"
Again Black Screen

Changing Game IOS from 249 to 250
Black Screen
changed back to "Use Global"

The Game boots.
Please also have to deactivate "Nand Emulation" because the Save Game is corrputed after every Re-Boot.

- Just Dance 2017 NTSC - Black Screen on the First Try.

Changed:
- Video Mode "Force NTSC"
- Game Language "English"
- Nand Emulation "OFF"

Game boots.:)

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I got this wii that I softmoded many years ago. And I would like to update the softmod and add the ability to play GC backups from HDD. Same as it's now capable of playing wii backups (USB loader gx). The main disc launch channel is also made region free.

So is there any friendly guide to update the softmod and apps + add GC playback functionality?

tl : dr
-what I got: a softmoded wii that can play wii backups from an external HDD.
-what I want: to update the softmod and add the ability to play GC backups from that same external HDD that has my Wii backups. Keep my region free mod intact.

Last edited by vree,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I got this wii that I softmoded many years ago. And I would like to update the softmod and add the ability to play GC backups from HDD. Same as it's now capable of playing wii backups (USB loader gx). The main disc launch channel is also made region free.

So is there any friendly guide to update the softmod and apps + add GC playback functionality?

tl : dr
-what I got: a softmoded wii that can play wii backups from an external HDD.
-what I want: to update the softmod and add the ability to play GC backups from that same external HDD that has my Wii backups. Keep my region free mod intact.
Hello,

use Modmii to update your hack ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

For Gamecube games, use Nintendont ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/

the external hard drive must be absolutely in FAT32 for Gamecube and Wii games

Last edited by jeannotte,
Reactions: Alexander1970

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

use Modmii to update your hack ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

For Gamecube games, use Nintendont ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/

the external hard drive must be absolutely in FAT32 for Gamecube and Wii games

In Modmii do I use "ModMii Wizard + Guide" or "ModMii Classic mode for more activities" like stated here???: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-t...fixes-most-compatibility-issues.394397/page-2

My homebrew channel currently is 1.1.0
IOS61 v21.29

System Firmware Ver. 4.2E
Do I need to update this to 4.3 to get gamecube compatibility and so on???

Last edited by vree,

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No need to update to 4.3

Use the main modmii wizard, makes no difference whether you use modmii classic or modmii skin

1) What do I do with the channel picks? Can I just repick everything and it will overwrite them with the latest version? Same with USB loader?

BTW this is my system check: https://pastebin.com/CUZZLQ0U

2) Also what do I actually do when I have put those files on my sd card and put it back in my wii? I can't really find instructions on what to do/launch/execute then?

3) Also do I start from a clean SD card? Or can I just copy it over and overwrite everything?

4) Also I don't think I have a nand backup anymore. Should I do this first? And if so how? -EDIT: found out how with bootmii

Last edited by vree,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
1) it will overwrite
2) modmii will generate a guide for u to follow
3) clean sd card, or at least rename the existing WAD folder so you don't accidentally install whatever old WADs u still may have
4) this is one of the first steps that will be listed in your custom guide

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) it will overwrite
2) modmii will generate a guide for u to follow
3) clean sd card, or at least rename the existing WAD folder so you don't accidentally install whatever old WADs u still may have
4) this is one of the first steps that will be listed in your custom guide

Ok found it. But do I need to redo step 1 of homebrew channel install/bootmii and step 3 install pre-loader? Or just skip those?

EDIT: Ok just reinstalled everything and worked out fine. Just one small question. I chose USB loader GX (the same one I got before) when installing wads.

But now I got USB loader on my main screen. And also my usb loader GX (but this might be from my previous install? Not sure. What is this black USB loader thing? And did my USB loader GX got updated???

This was the wad that was used: USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v12-IDCL.wad
So which channel do I use now to play backups???

Last edited by vree,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@vree, The spinning hard drive channel comes from modmii and will launch various USB loaders in the sequence listed in your modmii guide (install WADs step). It is a forwarder or a shortcut so will only launch if it's found on the SD card or hard drive. If all you have is usb loader gx on your device then it will load that, but I think it will try configurable USB loader first.

Anyways, not sure about your preexisting channel, it may not be a forwarder but have the actual loader built into the channel. If u prefer a dif channel we're now just cosmetically customizing your wii at this stage

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@vree, The spinning hard drive channel comes from modmii and will launch various USB loaders in the sequence listed in your modmii guide (install WADs step). It is a forwarder or a shortcut so will only launch if it's found on the SD card or hard drive. If all you have is usb loader gx on your device then it will load that, but I think it will try configurable USB loader first.

Anyways, not sure about your preexisting channel, it may not be a forwarder but have the actual loader built into the channel. If u prefer a dif channel we're now just cosmetically customizing your wii at this stage

Ok one final question (I hope). Is it safer to use my official memory card with nintendont? Instead of using emulation? Or can it even corrupt a real memory card?

Reactions: Alexander1970

LGUNTILMARIO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. noob question here!.I've downloaded a few WII-brew games that people have made,cloned e.t.c. All good stuff my question is can these be organised in the Homebrew channel itself into one place rather than scrolling through every homebrew app or is there a Willbrew games channel even? It's all a bit messy finding things in Homebrew. If this an illegal question please don't ban me!

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. noob question here!.I've downloaded a few WII-brew games that people have made,cloned e.t.c. All good stuff my question is can these be organised in the Homebrew channel itself into one place rather than scrolling through every homebrew app or is there a Willbrew games channel even? It's all a bit messy finding things in Homebrew. If this an illegal question please don't ban me!

I believe the Homebrew Channel sorts the titles alphabetically. All you need to do is go in and edit the META file. Go to the SD/Apps/xxGame Titlexx/meta file and edit the <name>xxxxxGame Titlexxxx</name> into what works for you.

I myself put a "SPACE" in front of the usb loader titles so they show up at the top of the list, I use "zz SPACE" in front of items to place them at the back of the list & for homebrew I put "HB - " in front of them so they are grouped together (such as "<name>HB - Luner Lander</name>"). Obviously don't use the quotes when you put the name in the meta file, that's just to point out to you what is changing and where to go.

Let me know if it works for you.

Last edited by ca032769,

LGUNTILMARIO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe the Homebrew Channel sorts the titles alphabetically. All you need to do is go in and edit the META file. Go to the SD/Apps/xxGame Titlexx/meta file and edit the <name>xxxxxGame Titlexxxx</name> into what works for you.

I myself put a "SPACE" in front of the usb loader titles so they show up at the top of the list, I use "zz SPACE" in front of items to place them at the back of the list & for homebrew I put "HB - " in front of them so they are grouped together (such as "<name>HB - Luner Lander</name>"). Obviously don't use the quotes when you put the name in the meta file, that's just to point out to you what is changing and where to go.

Let me know if it works for you.
Thanks bro ..yes! I realised it was alphabetical literally as I wrote the question...but how to do it exactly was slightly worrying! Thanks again!! A channel would be cool but at least I can sort things a lot better!

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Last edited by XFlak,

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so I successfully installed subloaderGX and Nintendont. Everything seem to work fine. But I have one issue.
I don't know what it is but it just feels and looks like my gamecube and wii games looked better on my TV on my orignal wii (also with nintendont) using component cables? I'm using the normal HDMI cable on my wii.

And my tv is a normal samsung HDTV.

So yeah this just me? It just feel more edgy and blurry at the same time on the wiiu.

EDIT: Also is there a way to make the gc adapter work on wii games? Like smash bross and sonic riders zero gravity?

Last edited by vree,

Boden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all... nice doggo :)
Second, I would recommend trying another storage device to see if the games work
Hey, I just tried using another flash drive (formatted as FAT32) and it only shows up in CFG, not USB Loader GX or WiiFlow. When hitting start in CFG, I get a weird black screen that ends in a "Exception (DSI) Occurred)

I can send a photo if you need one.

Yoguruto

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all, I just installed the HBC on my vwii via WUPhax and after that I installed a workaround for the HBC so it works properly in 16:9.

After that I installed riivolution to play some modded games. So I downloaded a mod, put everything on my sd and launched the game via riivolution, everything worked just fine. Thing is, when I closed my game it wouldn't go back to the wii channel, it just crashed. I couldn't even turn my wii u off so I had to kill the power.

Am I the only one with this issue and is there a fix for it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...